💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Will Smith to skip Oscars

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

JusticeforVenus

Concussion being nominated? It got 63% for rotten tomatoes... It was a bad movie... do something better will and stop asking why u didnt get a nom if what u doin now is worthless

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusticeforVenus

Lack of diversity? Edd was nominated for a trans woman... do we  need anything else to say? Talent always wins....

And if i were linda perry i would say : 

"Will do a song with Diana and u ll be nominated, be smart just like Gaga"

JusticeforVenus

The two time he was nominated for an oscar, he lost against black people... is the academy being racist? No , he is just crying cuz he doesnt have his oscar yet

JusticeforVenus
1 hour ago, Fizzy said:

Will you'll be missing the Chance to See The Legend that is Lady Gaga. Your loss

He saw her for the VMAs applause performance...and the whole ARTPOP era went bad...she better skip him, she betta avoid bad luck this time

Gypsy Life

Look at that. Another person using race as an excuse, but we all know it's because he wasn't nominated. The Nicki Minaj of cinema.

NewYorkCity

Wasn't the issue about Hollywood not giving important roles to black actors? Skip hollywood, then.

Oh no, they are the ones who pay your millionare life. 

DiscoHeaven23
10 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Will Smith boycotted the Grammys early in his career. He's standing by wife and other black actors and actresses in an attempt to make a statement. Y'all can stay mad though.

The discussion isn't wether or not the Oscars are discriminatory though. They can be. This discussion is about Will Smith making this about Will Smith. Had Will been nominated this year (most likely the only black nominee), not had a film out, or never gone to an Oscar awards show as a nominee, then his boycott would seem less self-centered and I would applaud his boycott. But this just seems like someone is upset about not getting what they wanted and using a REAL issue like racism to justify why they didn't receive what they felt they deserved (even if they didn't deserve it). 

For instance, I could have a big creative paper due on Friday and work on it for 10 minutes, hand it in, fail and then get all up in arms because i thought i deserved an A because I did the paper. I'd then claim homophobia against my teacher because, since it is a creative paper, grading is subjective. That would be using a real issue like homophobia and cheapening it because i want to apply it to this situation for my own personal gain. Don't worry about the tons of lgbt kids getting the sh*it beat out of them at school everyday, or lgbt people getting kicked out of housing. No, worry about poor old me who didn't get the grade he wanted on his paper when he didn't even deserve it. That's what i think Will is doing here. 

45 minutes ago, JusticeforVenus said:

He saw her for the VMAs applause performance...and the whole ARTPOP era went bad...she better skip him, she betta avoid bad luck this time

Tea

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Jesse Pinkman
6 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

The discussion isn't wether or not the Oscars are discriminatory though. They can be. This discussion is about Will Smith making this about Will Smith. Had Will been nominated this year (most likely the only black nominee), not had a film out, or never gone to an Oscar awards show as a nominee, then his boycott would seem less self-centered and I would applaud his boycott. But this just seems like someone is upset about not getting what they wanted and using a REAL issue like racism to justify why they didn't receive what they felt they deserved (even if they didn't deserve it). 

For instance, I could have a big creative paper due on Friday and work on it for 10 minutes, hand it in, fail and then get all up in arms because i thought i deserved an A because I did the paper. I'd then claim homophobia against my teacher because, since it is a creative paper, grading is subjective. That would be using a real issue like homophobia and cheapening it because i want to apply it to this situation for my own personal gain. Don't worry about the tons of lgbt kids getting the sh*it beat out of them at school everyday, or lgbt people getting kicked out of housing. No, worry about poor old me who didn't get the grade he wanted on his paper when he didn't even deserve it. That's what i think Will is doing here. 

For one, like I said he did the same exact thing early on in his career when rappers weren't being shown on TV at the Grammys.  And he ended up winning. Secondly, if you would check your facts, you would know that this was JADA who called the boycott. Not him. He didn't even know she was planning this. So like I said, he's standing by his wife. Wouldn't you? He even admitted that this is partly due to him being snubbed. 

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman
26 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

See, that's what yall fail to realize. This is bigger than the ****ing Oscars. You think that I care about some damn ceremony that I woild never be nominated for? NO. Its so much deeper than that. What is at the core of this situation? Race. Something that affects this WORLD every single day. Y'all keep trying to tie it back to some irrelevant bullshit and that's because I'm assuming most of yall aren't minorities. Someone like me who is a minority, and sees powerful and influentual minorities banning together makes me proud and inspires me.

So, NO. This isn't about some LGBT kid getting beat up everyday. But you know what, they have so much support these days thanks to artists like Gaga and others who've brought awareness to it. The LGBT community has raised a ton of awareness as of late. So let us have ours.

It's science, bitch

DiscoHeaven23
6 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

For one, like I said he did the same exact thing early on in his career when rappers weren't being shown on TV at the Grammys.  And he ended up winning. Secondly, if you would check your facts, you would know that this was JADA who called the boycott. Not him. He didn't even know she was planning this. So like I said, he's standing by his wife. Wouldn't you? He even admitted that this is partly due to him being snubbed. 

Jada called a boycott cuz her husband wasn't nominated (whether she'll admit that or not), i mean, lol. But hey, I'm not the all seeing eye, i can't 100% confirm or deny anyone's intentions. 

Archived