Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will "When We Were Young" Go Top 10 on Hot 100?

DiscoHeaven23

"When We Were Young" poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think "When We Were Young" will reach the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100?

• No, the song just isn't performing well.
    • Yes it will reach top 10 and reach #1
    • Yes it will reach top 10, but won't reach #1

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Adele's second single off of 25 "When We Were Young", has not performed as well as one would expect early on. The song has not seen the top 40 since it first debuted. The song has finally climbed to the top 15 on iTunes and sits at #12 now, after spending many weeks around #50. The only video for the song we have right now is the one she released in November of her singing in a studio. I haven't heard the song much on radio (i feel that it is way too slow of a song for radio) either. Furthermore, everyone and their mother has Adele's album which already has the song on it, so they won't need to purchase the single. However, Adele is performing at the Grammys so maybe she'll perform this song and help its performance. Idk, when this era started i thought it was obvious that all of her single would go #1, and do so right away. But now it doesn't seem like its going that way. But I'm only one person, what do you guys think, will "When We Were Young" go top 10 on Billboard's Hot 100? And if you think it will go top 10, do you think it will go #1?

Here's how its performed so far:

When We Were Young 
1st Week: #22 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #69
3rd Week: #78
4th Week: #55
5th Week: #54
6th Week: #47
7th Week: #41 
8th Week: #41(still charting)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000

it will most likely enter the top 5 if it is performed at the Grammy´s, but i doubt it will go #1, and it definetly wont have as much of success as Hello. no other song she picks as a single will do well because 1. everyone has the album already. 2. people are already getting tired of Adele, so her reign wont last long. 3. Hello was just WAY too successful. 

Yes. As far as I know the song hasn't actually been sent to radio yet and Hello is still #1 so soon stations will start switching singles. She still has the Grammy performance to come as well as a music video. The single isn't even available for streaming yet either. She has all of these factors yet to come that will undeniably contribute to the success of the song, and it's already #12 on iTunes. It's only gonna go up.

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I imagine/hope she'll be performing it at the Grammys so I definitely think it'll take a leap :flutter: 

there's a part of me too that thinks she might just give up on the single and announce and perform that her next single is "Water Under the Bridge" or "Send My Love". Two songs that in my opinion should've been her second single.

Iwontell

Of course it will. In her current position, Adele could make "happy birthday to you" a BB #1 if she wanted to...
A music video and a live performance in a big event (the Grammys are so close) and this song will skyrocket.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

GloZell Green

If she promotes and sings it at the Grammys, probably. But he song isn't even close to Hello. My guess is that the album being out hurts the single sales more, idk why.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

there's a part of me too that thinks she might just give up on the single and announce and perform that her next single is "Water Under the Bridge" or "Send My Love". Two songs that in my opinion should've been her second single.

Any label exec that randomly gave up on a song that is #12 on iTunes without a video, major TV performance and is still growing on radio is an idiot. People are only speculating about this song's success because it's Adele and it hasn't immediately shot to #1. The fact the album has already sold that much and WWWY is still holding up like this is a further testament to her power. If it were any other pop girl and their lead single was slaying as much as Hello still is whilst the second single was creeping up in this manner, the discussion would be much different.

Haroon
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I definitely wouldn't mind that because I have quite a few favourites on the album that I prefer to When We Were Young, including the two you've mentioned :laughga: 

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes. As far as I know the song hasn't actually been sent to radio yet and Hello is still #1 so soon stations will start switching singles. She still has the Grammy performance to come as well as a music video. The single isn't even available for streaming yet either. She has all of these factors yet to come that will undeniably contribute to the success of the song, and it's already #12 on iTunes. It's only gonna go up.

"when we were young" is actually #15 on radio this week, so its def been sent to radio and Hello just spent its second week at #2. Justin Bieber kicked her out lol. So whatever that's worth, there's some info for ya

Who's actually going to be the single when her album is flying off the shelves, that's more important. It'll do decent but I feel like it's been out a while. It might reach top 10 after a performance and video.

BYE

8 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

"when we were young" is actually #15 on radio this week, so its def been sent to radio and Hello just spent its second week at #2. Justin Bieber kicked her out lol. So whatever that's worth, there's some info for ya

I can't find any info of it's official radio release online. I mean not that add dates really mean much now as they just play whatever, but still. That's still kind of a display of her power. It's still growing and will probably make it into the top ten before Hello leaves. I'm talking about radio AI not Hot 100. But regardless #1 or #2 it makes no difference, my point still stands. Hello is still standing strong and is still being seen as her "current" single, hence the lack of promotion/video/streaming for WWWY. Adele obviously takes time with her albums so I imagine they want the single reigns to be as long as possible even with the mammoth sales. Her label know what they're doing and I imagine they want it to impact around the Grammy/BRIT performances.

HarryTheNight

i think its because everyone already has it so theres no need to buy it. but also i do think its a bit too slow for radio even though its a nice song. send my love probably would do better, its a bop

DiscoHeaven23
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I can't find any info of it's official radio release online. I mean not that add dates really mean much now as they just play whatever, but still. That's still kind of a display of her power. It's still growing and will probably make it into the top ten before Hello leaves. I'm talking about radio AI not Hot 100. But regardless #1 or #2 it makes no difference, my point still stands. Hello is still standing strong and is still being seen as her "current" single, hence the lack of promotion/video/streaming for WWWY. Adele obviously takes time with her albums so I imagine they want the single reigns to be as long as possible even with the mammoth sales. Her label know what they're doing and I imagine they want it to impact around the Grammy/BRIT performances.

ya, im def not saying ur wrong. ur point is valid, just wanted to add that info. 

Archived