Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Janet Hubert slams Jada Pinkett Smith's Oscars boycott

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

My issue is, maybe you just didn't deserve the nomination? It seems extremely unlikely to me that the Academy are not nominating black people due to racism.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

I love her! Tell it like it is girl. Jada isn't sticking up for the race, she's sticking up for herself and her husband.

anigif_enhanced-18505-1412809287-2.gif

giphy.gif

SlaeUrAnus
4 hours ago, Coop said:

12523116_10153334649127217_5190377035509

This means absolutely nothing though.

The 'problem' lies much, much deeper. It is not the Oscars, it is Hollywood in general. 

In my messy era.

My issue is, why is this solely directed towards a lack of African American representation specifically? Latino voices within both acting and the entertainment industry as a whole are far more under-acknowledged. Why don't we shed light on all different backgrounds not being represented? When Selma Hayek won her oscar she was the first latina to do so, barely even got a blurb to honor her name, whereas Halle Berry went down in history.

Evan Peters

why doesn't jada go advocate the hiring of more black actors instead of boycotting an award show that has nothing to do with it :rip: it's so annoying when everything is called racism. Like people who didn't like that shitty ****ing annie remake were called racist all because annie was played by a black girl. 

emma roberts is an abuser

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Deviant said:

My issue is, why is this solely directed towards a lack of African American representation specifically? Latino voices within both acting and the entertainment industry as a whole are far more under-acknowledged. Why don't we shed light on all different backgrounds not being represented? When Selma Hayek won her oscar she was the first latina to do so, barely even got a blurb to honor her name, whereas Halle Berry went down in history.

Rita Moreno (Puerto Rican) was the first and only Latina to win an Oscar in 1961 for West Side Story. Salma was not the first Latina Oscar winner, she was only nominated and didn't win the award. That's probably why there was no press about her winning an Oscar. The first Latino Oscar winner was Jose Ferrer (Puerto Rican) in 1950 for Cyrano de Bergerac. Even though these Latinos started wining Oscars early there hasn't been many nominations for Latino actors since then. We are defiantly underrepresented. 

Benicio del Toro has won once and has been nominated twice. I just saw Sicario they really messed up not nominating him for a Golden Globe or Oscar for best supporting actor in that movie. He was nominated for almost every other award for that movie. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived