Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Janet Hubert slams Jada Pinkett Smith's Oscars boycott

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, she's only saying it because, and I agree, being all dramatic about boycotting the Oscars actually gives it more credibility than it deserves. The Oscars is not the place where we need to fight for proper racial representation, there are better places for that, incl. in the actual acting business (like she says). She's dead on when she's saying that it's easy to complain about people not being nominated when you're doing jack **** to actually help actors get nomination worthy roles with your own embarrassing production company.

Well, the boycott would be just for that? I do not agree with the boycott (because I don't think the problems are with the Oscars themselves, it's like Viola said in the Emmys, "you can't give awards for roles that don't exist") but the whole point of her doing that is to change stuff.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland
1 minute ago, Red said:

I agree with her that the boycott is too much but to me "there are people dying" = "people do not take me seriously"

I would say in most circumstances that the cliche is overused, but we're honestly talking about one of the most privileged groups of people on earth. Hollywood movie actors! Theses are not struggling actors by any means. It doesn't matter whether your black or white, these people are privileged as all sh*t.

So no, I don't think it's crazy to try to give the obviously delusional Smith family a reality check, because that's honestly all this is.

Didymus
Just now, Red said:

Well, the boycott would be just for that? I do not agree with the boycott (because I don't think the problems are with the Oscars themselves, it's like Viola said in the Emmys, "you can't give awards for roles that don't exist") but the whole point of her doing that is to change stuff.

100% agreed with Viola Davis as well :applause:

I don't really understand your pov though.. you're saying you don't support the Oscars but then in the same sentence you say that a boycott could help to get actors better roles (how if I may ask?) :flop:

The central accusation here is that the Smiths have a production company that is just as much a part of Hollywood as any other and they're only now (of course when Will is believed to be snubbed - and he isn't) speaking out when they could themselves make a change much closer to home.

I will say though I don't know what the **** Jada said or wanted to do :gaycat:

2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

I would say in most circumstances that the cliche is overused, but we're honestly talking about one of the most privileged groups of people on earth. Hollywood movie actors! Theses are not struggling actors by any means. It doesn't matter whether your black or white, these people are privileged as all sh*t.

So no, I don't think it's crazy to try to give the obviously delusional Smith family a reality check, because that's honestly all this is.

Yes cause not getting memorable roles and never getting awards is such a privilege 

Just now, Didymus said:

100% agreed with Viola Davis as well :applause:

I don't really understand your pov though.. you're saying you don't support the Oscars but then in the same sentence you say that a boycott could help to get actors better roles (how if I may ask?) :flop:

The central accusation here is that the Smiths have a production company that is just as much a part of Hollywood as any other and they're only now (of course when Will is believed to be snubbed - and he isn't) speaking out when they could themselves make a change much closer to home.

I will say though I don't know what the **** Jada said or wanted to do :gaycat:

I'm not saying the boycott is gonna help anything, I am just saying that the woman that is trying the boycott thinks it does and it is her point

MJHolland
Just now, Red said:

Yes cause not getting memorable roles and never getting awards is such a privilege 

It is if you're freaking millionaires like the vast majority of hollywood actors who work a quarter of the time the average American works....

Hell, I'll take not getting memorable roles and be paid millions for a few months work over law school any day! Sign me up!

She's been a Will Smith hater for a long time, so I'm not surprised she commented on this.
 Miss Thing, does your man not have a mouth of his own?  I mean, really?

Just now, MJHolland said:

It is if you're freaking millionaires like the vast majority of hollywood actors who work a quarter of the time the average American works....

Hell, I'll take not getting memorable roles and be paid millions for a few months work over law school any day! Sign me up!

Let's just agree to disagree cause clearly we have different concepts of fulfillment and recognition  

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm not saying the boycott is gonna help anything, I am just saying that the woman that is trying the boycott thinks it does and it is her point

Even if that's true (and even then you're completely ignoring the possibility that they're only making a movie 'cause poor Will wasn't nominated), she's still being dumb as **** and I don't see anything wrong with people speaking their mind about better ways to change the racial landscape.

19 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Alright, choose to be ignorant and one-sided and stay outta the thread?

Yas bitch drag em :applause:

eat me out

3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Even if that's true (and even then you're completely ignoring the possibility that they're only making a movie 'cause poor Will wasn't nominated), she's still being dumb as **** and I don't see anything wrong with people speaking their mind about better ways to change the racial landscape.

I just think there are better ways to phrase that than "there are more relevant issues in this world right now and your point isn't valid"

Didymus
1 minute ago, Red said:

I just think there are better ways to phrase that than "there are more relevant issues in this world right now and your point isn't valid"

Well, agreed. But to be fair, that's like the least important argument she brings to the table. She's just using it to underscore the fact that they're millionaires and the fact that they're supposed to be the voice of the struggling actor is a disgrace.

aquaprincess

considering her dislike for will smith its not surprising she would feel that way towards jada. i support jada, but at the same time i still think the academy needs diversity, because that where I think the problem lies in why not enough people of color are getting nominated. i still like janet hubert though. she'll always be my favorite Viv.

Saint Laurent
4 hours ago, Coop said:

12523116_10153334649127217_5190377035509

Only 12.5% of the US population and 3% of the UK population is black though so you have to be proportionate...

Archived