💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

When they dissed the future Lady Gaga

Yanko

Featured Posts

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-01-17/when-they-dissed-future-lady-gaga

EDITOR'S NOTE: Leonardo DiCaprio's smug surprise after a bump at the Golden Globes prompted this essay.

When I was a freshman at NYU and Facebook was only a year old and people created/joined groups like "I have dimples" and "Fake ID, please!," I remember coming across a Facebook group that broke my heart. It's name, something like: "Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous."

The group was peppered with comments, sharp as porcupine needles, vilifying the aspiring musician for being an "attention-*****." Scores asked: "Who does she think she is?" I also remember one dude posting a flyer for one of her upcoming gigs at a local village bar. He had clearly stomped on the flyer, an outline of his muddy sole [soul] struggling to eclipse her name.

Until about five years later. I was on an Amtrak train from NYC to Philly, reading a Vanessa Grigoriadis New York Magazine profile on Lady Gaga. I floated somewhat mindlessly through the piece until I got to the first sentence of the second graf:

"Before the meeting, I assumed that someone with a stage name like “Lady” (her given name is Stefani Joanne Germanotta) was going to be a bit standoffish..."

HOLY S---, I screamed to an empty car (Those who hang with me will know that I actually shrieked). LADY GAGA IS STEFANI GERMANOTTA? STEFANI IS LADY GAGA?.......

RTX21SC7.jpg?itok=KNvaRQaB

• Kayla locked this topic

Archived