Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do you want to be the theme of LG5?

SISTERV

Featured Posts

AdmistTheLight

Humor

Party

and Bow at my godly acclaimed talent bitches

Liberaté mi amor

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rebel Heart

Idk about you guys but I really don't a theme for LG5. It's just kind of annoying how she over complicates it all the time. I just want her to write great songs without feeling constricted by some theme

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

All of these answers are so good! :flutter: Mine will be love (such a big theme - it could mean Taylor, her family, her music, her fans etc.), recovery (from different struggles and obsessions) and mindfulness. Actually, I'm sure these WILL be a part of theme in some way! And we know there will be some sex references too :gaycat: Otherwise it wouldn't be a Gaga album :lolga:

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Rebel Heart said:

Idk about you guys but I really don't a theme for LG5. It's just kind of annoying how she over complicates it all the time. I just want her to write great songs without feeling constricted by some theme

By doing so, it will make the album incoherent. This is what made taylor swift lose her Red Grammy nomination for album of the year.

Rebel Heart
1 minute ago, Al-Waleed Al-Isaii said:

By doing so, it will make the album incoherent. This is what made taylor swift lose her Red Grammy nomination for album of the year.

I just wan't an album that's sonically coherent tbh. If she manages to pull off the coherence of The Fame lyrically than that'd be amazing but seeing what she did with ARTPOP I'm a bit skeptical. But she is in a much better place now so hopefully she's able to get back to that greatness

10 minutes ago, Rebel Heart said:

yessss... the problem with ARTPOP (besides the technical complications) was that it had to follow the themes of art and it had to meet the expectations she set. When it didn't deliver (in some people's opinions) all the themes that it was expected to, people renamed it ARTFLOP. She should write freely and then fit that into a cohesive album.

Rebel Heart
6 minutes ago, brooklynnightss said:

yessss... the problem with ARTPOP (besides the technical complications) was that it had to follow the themes of art and it had to meet the expectations she set. When it didn't deliver (in some people's opinions) all the themes that it was expected to, people renamed it ARTFLOP. She should write freely and then fit that into a cohesive album.

Exactly! I really hope this is how she approached the writing process for this record

Helxig

I was joking of course :yay: I think now that she's a bit older (and she has Taylor to take care of her needs), sex will be a bit less prominent of a theme. 

But seriously I want:

Fantasy

Emotion

Creativity

Okay so my choices might be a little more... broad... but these words paint a picture of what I want in the next album! I want fantastical imagery and sounds that evoke feelings of other worlds and realities, that just feel ethereal. 

I want real, raw, emotion, and for different emotions to be really well portrayed in the sound. I love it when a song makes me feel. When you listen to Dope you can feel her sadness, when you listen to Born This Way you can feel her strength and self-assuredness, when you listen to ARTPOP you can feel her dreamy, creative yearning.

And I want the album to be really creatively done. A lot of time spent really soaking in the feeling of each and every song, to craft a real piece of art. I want lots of thought and layers and experimentation. I want her to finish the songs, leave them for a week, then come back with a fresh head and perfect them. No rushing. No "I wrote the song in 5 minutes and my producer and I recorded it and finished it in one night" It's a really rare case for that to work well, and those kinds of quickly done songs can always be touched up.

(And of course I still want it to be electronic. A little part of me is concerned it will be more ballady with real instruments and her 'jazz/dope' vocals.)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

I guess I still didn't answer the question :yay:  I said what I wanted the album to be like, but not what I want in terms of themes. Because I guess I can't imagine any themes at this point...
Looking at her life from ARTPOP to now, realistically she might be writing about things that have affected her like... being in love, old timey 'greats' in the music industry, the current state of the world... Her album might be more about peace, love, and nostalgia than anything we've heard before. It could sound very different. But her albums always are different I guess :laughga:

Out of random curiosity, I wonder if she likes the song Human Behaviour by Bjork...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Kermit

Absence of emotion

Sex

Pain 

Sin 

Ugly

Otherworldly

I want her to show everyone that not every caterpillar morphs into something beautiful.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kabexuela

It would be easier to get the theme while listening to the new songs, but I ain't got it like that.

Haroon

Euphoria and confidence :flutter: 

But I'm not actually that particular as long as I like the songs and can listen to the album from start to finish :laughga: It's not so much about the theme having to be coherent for me, it's about the tracklist and songs being stops on the same journey aurally. I feel like even though ARTPOP wasn't as coherent as some of her previous albums when it come to theme and stuff, it was the most coherent when it comes to how the album plays from start to finish - and that's something I'm more than happy with :) 

Archived