other

MTV: ‘See You Again’ And The Glaring Irrelevance Of The Oscars

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

OMG. Get over it. We have had more important and legendary movie stars die, like Robin Williams, who actually had an Oscar. Paul Walker was neither an Oscar nominated nor Oscar winner. You just have to let it go.:stalkga:

PS. That song is terrible. :awkney:

ARTPOPisaChoice

A song's success does not determine it's quality. And while I do believe it should've been nominated, it shouldn't have won against TIHTY. TIHTY surpasses all the qualities that MTV lists See You Again as having in every category except commercial success.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

arthurhmangum

The Oscars are irrelevant because someone you want to win the award might not? :air:

I don't see Wiz appreciating an Oscar when Gaga keeps EVERYTHING we give her stored away. 

BYE. :emma:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Bradley

I usually support male artists especially when they are underrated but WTF?

So a song that makes men weep is an Oscarworthy song? What kind of a weak argument. There are people who cried to the songs Simple Youth #3 and Til It Happens To You too. Why should the gender be a point to support the statement? Cause men's tears are more precious? Also Furious 7 was obviously the biggest hit movie among them all but that shouldn't affect how people construe the original songs produced. I actually applaud the Oscars for forgoing such a huge hit and valuing true artistry instead.

This is why the Oscars stays relevant (as opposed to what's described in the title) and will be valued by winners when they get one.

Archived