"Could we fix you if you broke?"

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicholas Ring

All her songs, all make me emotional, my favourite lyrics have to be;

'till it happens to you, you don't know how it feels- Till It Happens To You.'

'I just want to be free, I just want to be me and I want lots of friends that will invite me to their parties- Hair.' 

'I can be the queen that's inside of me- The Queen' 

'And I'm hanging on this moment with you, I'm on the edge with you, The Edge Of Glory'

Edonis
14 minutes ago, Nicholas Ring said:

All her songs, all make me emotional, my favourite lyrics have to be;

'till it happens to you, you don't know how it feels- Till It Happens To You.'

'I just want to be free, I just want to be me and I want lots of friends that will invite me to their parties- Hair.' 

'I can be the queen that's inside of me- The Queen' 

'And I'm hanging on this moment with you, I'm on the edge with you, The Edge Of Glory'

Welcome to GGD! 

Helxig

So  many if I'm in the right state of mind and really connecting with the music... A few that come to mind are:

"Another shot before we kiss the other side ... I'm on the edge of something final we call 'life' tonight."

"you'll be my little gypsy princess, pack your bags and we can chase the sunset, bust the rear view and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me baby for life"

And the end part of Gypsy when she's listing all the places in the world that have been her "home just for the day". Especially during her encore performance at the last artRAVE when the French monsters blew up balloons and sung Radio Gaga as a surprise for her, and she's crying and talking about how every time she worries things will be different and her fans will stop being there for her oh my gooood.

"I can't believe how you slurred at me through you half-wired broken jaw, you popped my heart-seams; all my bubble dreams"

''til it happens to you, you won't know, how it feels"

"Don't leave me I, I'd hate myself until I die"
"Toast one last puff, and two last regrets, three spirits and, 12 lonely steps up heavens stairway to gold, mine myself life coal, a mountain of this soul."

"Leave the coffin open when I go, leave my pearls and lipstick on so everybody knows"

"I'm so hungry from an anorexic heart, been trying to tell you how I feel but was never very smart"

Actually you know what? That whole song. Princess die in general. (except the part about her rich boyfriend's limo that's not especially touching :yay:)

Born This Way used to set me of in every verse but I've grown used to it now.

Just her most beautiful and/or sad lyrics really reach into my soul. I'm not even an emotional person at all! But some nights when I'm up late and the lights are off I just let the lyrics right under my skin, and think about how she felt at the time having these experiences and turning them into music, and how so many people have heard the lyrics and been touched by them and it gets me! 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TerrenceV2

You just had a salad today, Boulangerie
Just ask your gay friends their advice.

playground love - josef salvat

danceinthedark1206
On 1/2/2016 at 11:50 AM, Neon Angel said:

"Tell 'em How you feel girls." - Probably because... it's bad for you to bottle up your emotions. No matter who you're telling, it's good to let it out. Whether you're a survivor of some sort, been bullied, etc.

"I'm gonna marry the night, I'm not gonna cry anymore." - She's clearly stronger, in some ways, judging by those lyrics. Still hoping one day I can listen to that lyric, and not cry.

"If you're a strong female, you don't need permission." - For a while, people made it seem like they were attacking me for being a female. in the gaming community, and mostly online [lol] but whenever I doubt my [bad] self, I listen to this song.

and "Blonde high heeled feminist," 'cause that's me! ??

And all of ARTPOP [the song] because it's beautifully written. :giveup:

We must be on the same wavelength because all of those (except for ARTPOP) are my most moving lyrics too. I completely concur! And all of "Speechless."

DirrtyPony

Her one-liners are gold.

"See the world with me."

"Dirty pony, I can't wait to hose you down."

"Ay, mi papitooo"

Strung out for another taste

RAYA.core

So happy I could die be your best friend
Yeah I'll love you forever
Up in the clouds we'll be higher than ever eh-eh, eh-eh

My friends and I have a love connection with the time we've had during this era. The drugs, the fights, the times together as friends. We love each other forever because of these moments during TFM 

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

FRANK1991

So I just packed my baggage and
Said goodbye to family and friends
And took the road to nowhere on my own

Like Dorothy on a yellow brick
Hope my ruby shoes get us there quick
'Cause I left everyone I love at home

And I don't wanna be alone forever
But I can be tonight
I don't wanna be alone forever
But I love gypsy life
Maybe we can see the world together
But I can be tonight, tonight

GYPSY

this really speaks to me because I'm constantly moving

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

FlopSlut
On 1/4/2016 at 3:37 AM, CurlyBae said:

I never understood that lyrics. What does it mean? :emma:

Honey it's simple

It's the way that you love and treat your mother :derpga::lolga:

Flopenstein

Helxig
8 hours ago, FlopSlut said:

Honey it's simple

It's the way that you love and treat your mother :derpga::lolga:

There's a fairly common, older saying which goes something like "if you want to know a man's true nature, just watch how he treats his mother" or "only stay with a man if you want him to treat you when you're older, how he treats his mother now"

It's basically a way of finding out if a man is secretly a womaniser and is just leading you on, or if he is a real gentleman and sweetheart. And I guess she witnessed him treating his mother right and it was a pivotal moment for her? Or something along those lines.

I imagine them being in an argument at a moment of truth, and him asking why they even love each other because it doesn't make sense, and her breaking down and confessing to him that she was touched by the moment she saw him with his mum or something. I find this song to be really personal and I love that!

Edit: eb7689a2037f818025c3a72d3d258b64.jpg

Giorno Giovanna
1 minute ago, helxig said:

There's a fairly common, older saying which goes something like "if you want to know a man's true nature, just watch how he treats his mother" or "only stay with a man if you want him to treat you when you're older, how he treats his mother now"

It's basically a way of finding out if a man is secretly a womaniser and is just leading you on, or if he is a real gentleman and sweetheart. And I guess she witnessed him treating his mother right and it was a pivotal moment for her? Or something along those lines.

i think this saying is not that clever tho, cause it expects the mother to be some kind of holy mary, always kind and fair and respectful, and not all mothers are like that, some are horrible and mean and even hurt their children physical or mentally. 

You can't say a man is bad just cause he isn't that nice to his mother, instead it is important how the man or woman treat many different people, like for example a homeless person on the street or an old lady in the bus.

just my two cents:lolga:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Helxig
5 minutes ago, ToughHooker said:

i think this saying is not that clever tho, cause it expects the mother to be some kind of holy mary, always kind and fair and respectful, and not all mothers are like that, some are horrible and mean and even hurt their children physical or mentally. 

You can't say a man is bad just cause he isn't that nice to his mother, instead it is important how the man or woman treat many different people, like for example a homeless person on the street or an old lady in the bus.

just my two cents:lolga:

Oh I agree! But it's an old timey saying, and it's only an indication, not a hard and fast rule. What I think it really means is if the man has a stable, loving relationship with his mother, and still treats her like she's less than him, then deeo down he doesn't have respect for the women he specifically loves.

And I just take it that it's a personal moment that made sense in her case. Maybe she was touched by how he treated his mother with so much love, and it reminded her of the saying, and she kept thinking about that moment, so she made it a lyric.

Also I was just trying to explain the lyric rather than start a debate about how accurate a saying it! :hor: I just think it made sense to Gaga at the time.

FlopSlut
2 hours ago, helxig said:

I imagine them being in an argument at a moment of truth, and him asking why they even love each other because it doesn't make sense, and her breaking down and confessing to him that she was touched by the moment she saw him with his mum or something. I find this song to be really personal and I love that!

Edit: eb7689a2037f818025c3a72d3d258b64.jpg

Thank you!!!!!!!

Flopenstein

• Admin unfeatured this topic
RAYA.core
On 1/9/2016 at 7:52 PM, Princess Die said:

"Could we fix you if you broke?"

the verse , how could i forget this one. but all of tfm lol

i miss these types of lyrics the new album needs the past like this

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

Archived