Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Don't expect many dance songs on LG5

Quark

Featured Posts

PrincessFried

I don't believe it. I don't know about "dance"  (or anything, really) in the typical sense, but I can almost guarantee the majority of the album will be fast paced and upbeat. I have a very hard time believing this will be some Adele type album. It wouldn't make sense for Gaga. If this is rock or metal or disco inspired then it will most certainly be upbeat. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaney
18 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Who bobs like that to Dope? Speechless? Brown Eyes? :smh:

My bad...the song was released after that silent video was posted but still... 

It doesn't seem to be for IWYL vuz she worked on that song with Nile Rodgers... Not these random guys in the video

It had to be a new upbeat LG5 song

She was working on IWYL with those guys in the video... I forgot their names though :(

eifulien

Mess at the majority jumping into the conclusion that if it is not upbeat then it must be a ballad. To be honest from Gaga's official discography we got like 3 ballads, right? [Brown Eyes, Speechless and Dope] :duck: So I don't think ballads will ever be a big thing on a Gaga album.

I hope LG5 will be a diverse album. More a collection of songs with great story rather than revolving around a specific concept. Upbeat/dance songs are a must, but I think Gaga could shine with midtempo vocal-driven songs with stripped-down guitar instrumentation. :giveup:  I hope she will deliver something timeless (not RiRi's timeless ANTI, but like 4 by Beyoncé, songs with lyrics that could be sung years later, and incorporate soul and funk with beats - in Gaga's case could be funk and jazz, whatever).

At this point I just can't believe that we are already in the year we will be sitting with a tracklist, playing new songs one after one. :wub::giveup: The music industry really lacks that fire and passion right now. Gaga's probably one of the very few artists who could take even the darkest experience and ignite it and make it explode into an anthem! :giveup:

2 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Mess at the majority jumping into the conclusion that if it is not upbeat then it must be a ballad. To be honest from Gaga's official discography we got like 3 ballads, right? [Brown Eyes, Speechless and Dope] :duck: So I don't think ballads will ever be a big thing on a Gaga album.

I hope LG5 will be a diverse album. More a collection of songs with great story rather than revolving around a specific concept. Upbeat/dance songs are a must, but I think Gaga could shine with midtempo vocal-driven songs with stripped-down guitar instrumentation. :giveup:  I hope she will deliver something timeless (not RiRi's timeless ANTI, but like 4 by Beyoncé, songs with lyrics that could be sung years later, and incorporate soul and funk with beats - in Gaga's case could be funk and jazz, whatever).

At this point I just can't believe that we are already in the year we will be sitting with a tracklist, playing new songs one after one. :wub::giveup: The music industry really lacks that fire and passion right now. Gaga's probably one of the very few artists who could take even the darkest experience and ignite it and make it explode into an anthem! :giveup:

Yeah. As soon as you say that they album won't be dancey they conclude that everything will be ballads and or that all ballads have to be sad.

LoveandMagic

I actually think there will be a lot of crazy energy on this album. An album doesn't have to be a dance album to have fierceness or good energy. Most genres and sub-genres can offer this in spades, particularly funk, disco, punk and metal (which are subsets of rock). I expect a blended album with many layered influences. I'd love a genre album from her but I think a blend could make for an incredibly interesting album and still keep an "upbeat" vibe, but yeah there may be a ballad or two. However, we all the good things that have been happening in her life I think she wants keep that good energy going, but then again she also said AHS would influence her work. AHS is dark, glam, and seductive with elements of the macabre and camp. So in that case it may be some sort of glam-metal-disco-pop-jazz mix. Also most of the music played is...not pop. The Cure, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode are distinctive bands I heard. In which case Goth-pop/Goth-rock/Goth-Metal, which are genres I love but I highly doubt will be on LG5 except maybe in the smallest possible capacity (like Kerli's Love Is Dead). Gaga doesn't seem to be in the mental place for those albums. She seems very ready to roar through next year. Very take-charge and optimistic, very confident and happy. I'm expecting some incredible energy. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

1 minute ago, LoveandMagic said:

I actually think there will be a lot of crazy energy on this album. An album doesn't have to be a dance album to have fierceness or good energy. Most genres and sub-genres can offer this in spades, particularly funk, disco, punk and metal (which are subsets of rock). I expect a blended album with many layered influences. I'd love a genre album from her but I think a blend could make for an incredibly interesting album and still keep an "upbeat" vibe, but yeah there may be a ballad or two. However, we all the good things that have been happening in her life I think she wants keep that good energy going, but then again she also said AHS would influence her work. AHS is dark, glam, and seductive with elements of the macabre and camp. So in that case it may be some sort of glam-metal-disco-pop-jazz mix. Also most of the music played is...not pop. The Cure, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode are distinctive bands I heard. In which case Goth-pop/Goth-rock/Goth-Metal, which are genres I love but I highly doubt will be on LG5 except maybe in the smallest possible capacity (like Kerli's Love Is Dead). Gaga doesn't seem to be in the mental place for those albums. She seems very ready to roar through next year. Very take-charge and optimistic, very confident and happy. I'm expecting some incredible energy. 

Yeah, I do believe the album will have a lot of energy too. I just strictly meant actual dance music or music with dance beats.

Archived