đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

BuzzFeed: 25 things from 2015 you have forgotten about

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

FlopSlut
41 minutes ago, just4fun said:

Home was a success. For a cartoon movie that wasn't a Disney movie. It made almost triple its cost. That's pretty good. It wasn't the flop Jupiter Ascending or Fantastic Four was. 

Omg Jupiter Ascending was so good :toofunny: How did it even flop?

Reminds me of this thing called ARTPOP

Flopenstein

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Dreamworks hardly ever does as well as Disney, though. For a kid's movie, it didn't do that well. Kid's movies are big business. Even the crappy sequels do well, especially if aimed at boys. The movie can be absolutely terrible but succeed because it's for kids and they pull in money regardless. Considering that Rihanna was the lead and it also featured other big names like Steve Martin and J Lo, these numbers were very disappointing. Nobody was talking about it, it just wasn't a "thing." It's currently the 5th most popular animated movie of the year, which is highly disappointing, considering the all star cast (Inside Out was basically a cast of nobodies, especially to non Americans, but it was the 2nd most popular). If The Peanuts Movie doesn't take off any more, it might just scrape the top 5, but there will be competition. It was bad luck that it was released the year that Minions was released, Pixer went through a comeback and Disney decided to release 2 animations in the same year for the first time ever. Home never stood a chance. It still took in a decent amount, considering, I'll give it that, but it hasn't been retained in the public's consciousness. Where's all the kids walking around with Home backpacks and quoting lines from the movie and so on? If that doesn't happen, it's not a hit these days. Plus, critics reviews were mixed and its not been nominated for lots of awards. Surefire thing that its been forgotten.

I haven't really studied it but it was either the only original animated movie or one of two original animated movie. Every other one was a spin off or sequel. I could be wrong I'm not a huge fan of animated movies and I have nieces who loved the movie so it was on all the time here. Maybe that's why I think it did better. It was no Frozen but for an original concept and not Disney it did fine.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived