Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the best living female performer?

Bebe

Best Performer  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best live performer?

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one does it better than Madonna. she's not just visuals. her shows share a story about politics and culture. it shows she's intelligent. every show is different, whereas beyonce repeats herself. She's also a good vocalist. I don't like her holy water & sex stuff, but that's only 2 songs of her new tour. Madonna is the most underrated live performer in my eyes. People need to do their research.

Versace

Top 5 ladies who have the best show (tour shows)

1-Lady Gaga

2-Madonna (still doing well in terms of performance , MDNA tour was a blast, Rebel Heart tour is impressive)

3-P!NK

4-Beyonce

5-Britney ( she'd be way high , perhaps even higher than Gaga if we were talking about her performance days , she would have taken every inch of breathe away from you but regardless her vegas show is none the less extremely impressive if we judge the set and dancing only cause obviously she lip syncs)

You cannot go wrong by buying a ticket to any of these ladies shows 

Performing in general and by that mean giving powerful vocals and carrying out tough dance/performance routines at the same time 

1-P!NK (this girl pulls of the most advanced circus performer moves while singing with power vocals AT THE SAME TIME)

2-Beyonce (not like P!NK doesn't use circus style but her dance moves are insanely difficult due to the pace of reflexes , she does them while singing with impressive vocals)

3-Lady Gaga (Gaga's dance moves are easier to follow than Beyonce and ever since her hip broke her dancing has gone down in extremity but her dance moves are still impressive and she does them while vocally being powerful)

4-Madonna (Her dances sometimes are more complex than Gaga but her vocals are nothing special but she does dance and sing at the same time which alone is impressive)

5-Shakira (her dances are perhaps more extreme than Gaga and Madonna at times but they are so repetitive she literally uses the same hip moves and swings in each performance and her vocals while good are nothing over the top but she is good at what she does and can surely put on a show)

Katy and Rihanna don't make it

they're performing skills are nothing over the top 

Didymus
6 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Show me a recent performance where it isn't the case. She goes through the motions. It's boring If you're not starstruck.

Already did in this thread.

No dancers, no choreography, no "CD" (all instruments are live), no show gimmicks, no pre-recorded solo vocals, hardly any backing vocals, nothing but her voice and stage presence dominating the stage.

Just a reminder of what you said:

"Beyonce can't sing and perform at the same time. She probably doesn't know most of her lyrics, she just stands near a wind machine looking proud as her CD plays."

Bye.

3 hours ago, Lola said:

No one does it better than Madonna. she's not just visuals. her shows share a story about politics and culture. it shows she's intelligent. every show is different, whereas beyonce repeats herself. Madonna is the most underrated live performer in my eyes. 

Well... kind of and not at all. 

As much as I adore Madonna, I wouldn't say that she's an underrated performer at all. She has been one of the top touring female artists for the past 25 years. And she still continues to sell out arenas and stadiums everywhere. 

And also, hers and every other pop girls' shows are the same everytime, in a way. There are always the key things in Madonna's shows which happen in every single tour just in a slightly different interpretation. If anyone's (from the pop girls) live shows are different, they're Gaga's shows. Her shows are a bit different not only in every tour but almost in every city on the same tour, cause she knows how to improvise very well.

Actually, I recently became a huge fan of Janet Jackson. 

She is the one who's REALLY underrated nowadays. She puts on a great show, dances amazingly well (in fact, better than M), despite being 49, and has a unique voice as well as a HUGE discography with many big songs. 

Didymus
11 minutes ago, Grimezsz said:

Well... kind of and not at all. 

As much as I adore Madonna, I wouldn't say that she's an underrated performer at all. She has been one of the top touring female artists for the past 25 years. And she still continues to sell out arenas and stadiums everywhere. 

And also, hers and every other pop girls' shows are the same everytime, in a way. There are always the key things in Madonna's shows which happen in every single tour just in a slightly different interpretation. If anyone's (from the pop girls) live shows are different, they're Gaga's shows. Her shows are a bit different not only in every tour but almost in every city on the same tour, cause she knows how to improvise very well.

I agree with everything until the last paragraph.

I mean, the reason all pop girls' shows are the same is because all pop girls (incl. Madonna who just rehashes everything she already did a hundred times) borrowed from Madonna's early tours/performances :rip:

But obviously she's not underrated, indeed. Some tours specifically, like the Blond Ambition Tour, are recognized by critics as absolutely fundamental in the development of pop performance and Gaga especially borrowed massive amounts from it.

I also don't really know what you mean with "knows how to improvise very well". I don't see her "improvising" any more than people like P!nk, Beyoncé and even Katy in terms of responding to the audience etc. Or do you mean that she puts variety into the way she sings etc.? I could agree with that, esp. in her acoustic performances.

Just my two cents :flower:

ShockPop
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Already did in this thread.

No dancers, no choreography, no "CD" (all instruments are live), no show gimmicks, no pre-recorded solo vocals, hardly any backing vocals, nothing but her voice and stage presence dominating the stage.

Just a reminder of what you said:

"Beyonce can't sing and perform at the same time. She probably doesn't know most of her lyrics, she just stands near a wind machine looking proud as her CD plays."

Bye.

She might as well have gone to mcdonald's during the choruses. The yelling is ridiculous. Is that dancing? You MUST be joking. It's all about posturing and having James Brown occasionally jump out.

Didymus
Just now, ShockPop said:

She might as well have gone to mcdonald's during the choruses. The yelling is ridiculous. Is that dancing? You MUST be joking. It's all about posturing and having James Brown occasionally jump out.

What a hater lmfao

ShockPop
Just now, Didymus said:

What a hater lmfao

Just now, Didymus said:

What a hater lmfao

They are factually what happened in the video. Beyonce is all style and no substance.

Didymus
Just now, ShockPop said:

They are factually what happened in the video. Beyonce is all style and no substance.

It's a dance song what do you want her to do :rip: It's not like Gaga is crying her eyes out when she's performing Poker Face either. Substance comes out during emotional performances and Beyoncé has plenty. And if she's not talking about how she was bullied in high school or about how she was addicted to drugs, then that doesn't matter. The emotion is in her vocal expression (example: the video of Ave Maria Bebe put in the OP).

I just don't get your point. You're saying Beyoncé just goes through the motions, doesn't know how to sing and "perform" (what does that even mean to you, she dances her ass off while singing impeccably in most of her performances) simultaneously and just stands somewhere not even attempting to sing, I just don't.. I can't think of ANY of her performances that would fit that idea.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I mean, the reason all pop girls' shows are the same is because all pop girls (incl. Madonna who just rehashes everything she already did a hundred times) borrowed from Madonna's early tours :rip:

But obviously she's not underrated, indeed. Some tours specifically, like the Blond Ambition Tour, are recognized by critics as absolutely fundamental in the development of pop performance and Gaga especially borrowed massive amounts from it.

I also don't really know what you mean with "knows how to improvise very well". I don't see her "improvising" any more than people like P!nk, Beyoncé and even Katy in terms of responding to the audience etc. Or do you mean that she puts variety into the way she sings etc.? I could agree with that, esp. in her acoustic performances.

I don't really like how people nowadays say that every pop star has borrowed/stolen/copied something from Madonna's past. It's just that Madonna was the first female pop star in general. She just set a standard for what a pop-concert should be and that's why she is still doing that now and that's why she's a legend. But just cause a pop girl puts together a pop-show that reaches the standards of what a pop-show should be, doesn't mean that they're borrowing something from M, imo. There are no identical things that someone has copied from M. In that case, someone would be a copycat of Madge.

Also, I just think (from my personal experience) that Gaga feels the best live. I think that she IS indeed better at crowd interaction than any other popstar. The singing part that you mentioned is true as well.

Didymus
16 minutes ago, Grimezsz said:

I don't really like how people nowadays say that every pop star has borrowed/stolen/copied something from Madonna's past. It's just that Madonna was the first female pop star in general. She just set a standard for what a pop-concert should be and that's why she is still doing that now and that's why she's a legend. But just cause a pop girl puts together a pop-show that reaches the standards of what a pop-show should be, doesn't mean that they're borrowing something from M, imo. There are no identical things that someone has copied from M. In that case, someone would be a copycat of Madge.

Hmm.. no, I disagree. Madonna's legacy is more specific than "putting together a pop show that accidentally became a standard" imo. She brought provocation (also using fashion and religion as a specific shock element in the context of a pop performance - that's "identical" enough for me compared to what some pop girls are doing rn) to the table. I don't think that provoking an audience like Madonna has become a standard at all, actually.. Gaga has done her fair share of provocation, but looking at the fact that Gaga's uninnovative provocation moves were still received as shocking shows that Madonna's antics (shocking people using fashion, religion, support for gays, sexuality) are still largely effective. So that actually works against your "Madonna's just the standard" argument.

I'm not saying she invented provocation, obviously, but if there's anything specific she brought to the pop table it's that, and from what I know, every pop star who uses provocation in their show credits Madonna as a major inspiration (remember that Gaga called herself the biggest Madonna fan in the whole world). Add to that that many pop star antics are directly linked to Madonna's achievements back in the day by journalists and music critics and I think it's fair to say that Madonna specifically left her mark, not just because she was the "first female pop star in general" (I mean whut, that's not true at all lol), but because she is remembered for a very specific brand of pop spectacle that still lives on today in some (not all) currents of pop performance.

I dunno. I'm the first one to say Madonna's most recent shows aren't in any way remarkable compared to her "peers" (the spectacle is just more expensive), but I would never say that she randomly and unconsciously slapped together the norm for a pop show without even trying to do something different - the amount of backlash and notoriety she received (and still receives) should point in the other direction imo.

Archived