Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the best living female performer?

Bebe

Best Performer  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best live performer?

Featured Posts

LebaneseDude

If you say Madonna I'm going to laugh. She has great performances but she's entirely about the visual with not much emphasis on auditory.

Either Gaga or Pink... depends on what you're into. If you like impressive theatrics while hearing a soulful sound, go Pink. If you like emotivity and versatility go for Gaga.

Frankly I'd go for Gaga, if only because I've seen some Cirque Du Soleil singers pull it off just as well as Pink.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

Beyoncé is talented, strong and consistent when she performs, but I still find her performances on the boring side and quite safe. I actually like her a lot but I just don't find her performances memorable or interesting. Look at her performances from early in her career to now and you won't find much evolution, experimentation or innovation. Although the GP certainly prefers Beyoncé as a performer, I prefer Gaga because she is unpredictable, evolving endlessly and pushing boundaries.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

ShockPop

The harmony line and general ease of pinks live vocals means it's hard not to seem great... It's faux.

Beyonce can't sing and perform at the same time. She probably doesn't know most of her lyrics, she just stands near a wind machine looking proud as her CD plays.

Gaga is unmatched. She is the greatest pop star in the world today because she does it all. Better vocals than others (she sings almost the whole song and not just the monotone line), dances, plays instruments, interacts with audience, you never know which gaga you'll get. More versatile than any performer.

47 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I'd pick Tina Turner and Madonna in their peak :nick:

Of the big pop girls I'd say Beyoncé, hands down. I love Gaga when she's doing tribute performances etc. but her own tours fall short of her capabilities (The Fame Ball excluded), especially the BTWB and artRAVE, so I think that should weigh into my decision.

A video I think shows off Beyoncé's superiority:

I disagree about the BTW Ball, I actually think it was better than TM ball, but when you mentioned the TF ball I had to comment. It's literally her best tour. The entire beginning from intro/interludes to Paparazzi and LoveGame is actually genius. I still watch Glastonbury constantly.

(I know people prefer the V festival cause vocals, but the burlesque she does with her hands before revealing herself at Glastonbury makes the entire performance 100% better imo. Slowly teasing the audience as they cheer at the sight of her hands, her mask and finally her entire being)

But yeah, just needed to fangirl over that tiny reference to The Fame Ball. Continue stanning for Queen B :laughga:

The Child

The ones who didn't choose Beyonce are biased as **** lmao, she destroys the other ones in the vocals department, she's a better dancer than Gaga obviously. Her performances got a really superior and modern visual.

tumblr_nrol3jyZkX1qgm5xfo1_400.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Didymus
22 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Beyonce can't sing and perform at the same time. She probably doesn't know most of her lyrics, she just stands near a wind machine looking proud as her CD plays.

Wow. Just wow.

RAMROD

Aside from Gaga and Bey,

I'd like to add Cher as well.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ShockPop
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Wow. Just wow.

Show me a recent performance where it isn't the case. She goes through the motions. It's boring If you're not starstruck.

They are three amazing performers but gaga is the only one that can go from Paparazzi VMAs to The Sound of Music Oscar! She can do everything and every genre like nobody can

Head Empty

I think Gaga is a performer with high highs and low lows, whereas Beyoncé and Pink are more consistent in their performances. I think Gaga still has to learn more about how to put on a great show without sacrificing vocal quality. It's obvious that she can do it, as she has done it before, but she does not yet have the same amount of experience as Beyoncé and Pink do.

So for now I don't think Gaga is superior, but she certainly has the potential. She's a natural.

Dangerous Man

Lady Gaga ofc.

Her heavenly well-trained vocals ALONE >>>>>>>>>>>

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived