đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Selena: Top Female Artist At This Moment? (Besides Adele)

DiscoHeaven23

Selena: The Top Female Artist At This Moment?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Is Selena Gomez the top female artist (not counting Adele) at this very moment?

• Yass, the reign of Selena is undeniable!
    • No.

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23
1 hour ago, mic said:

I think Revival is a great foundation for slaying next era. Maybe she is not the number 1 female singer, however her evolution is impressive. Her music sounds so much better than before, she gets higher peaks on hot100 and slays live performances. It looks very promising for the future.

i like that, "her evolution is impressive", good way to put it. 

She is in the best position she has ever been in, yes.

She has to break through in other countires though...she is sort of local. But it looks like Hands to myself will change that. The one thing she needs is WW promo, go to Germany, go to France, go to Japan, even. It would really help her.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Creyk said:

She is in the best position she has ever been in, yes.

She has to break through in other countires though...she is sort of local. But it looks like Hands to myself will change that. The one thing she needs is WW promo, go to Germany, go to France, go to Japan, even. It would really help her.

i noticed that the other day. Like worldwide, Demi Lovato is more popular than Selena, which is so odd to me. 

6 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

i noticed that the other day. Like worldwide, Demi Lovato is more popular than Selena, which is so odd to me. 

It's because Demi has a longer history of being a radio darling than Selena. She gets more airplay in Europe than Selena, for example.

I was forced to listen to this song by her the entire summer for example, radio just keeps playing it

Dominic

Possibly in the US but I don't think so worldwide.  It's only been recently people have started to talk about her in the UK.  She is definitely on the right path and if she continues to choose good singles and promote she could close the era on a real high,  a great advantage for her follow up. 

Either way,  she is my number 1 of the year as Good For You is my favourite track of the year.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

JusKeepBreathin
On December 25, 2015 at 3:49 PM, JustPokeHerFace said:

That's just a harder achievement in general to make now than a year or two years ago, because digital sales continue to go down the shitter. 

Hell, Justin Bieber is currently slaying the top five of iTunes and the Hot 100, and neither of those three songs have crossed two million copies sold. With streaming taking off, singles aren't going to sell what they were a few years ago. 

In that case why is she flopping in streaming, because even Focus has more YT streams than GFY, SOL and HTM. Maybe it's becaus Selena is just a local act. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ARTPOPisaChoice

I don't understand any of these threads, because they all have to come with the exception (other than Adele). I understand Adele is largely an exception in the music industry, but she IS a pop girl. No one was making threads like "Is Ari the biggest pop girl?" in early 2015 when Meghan and Taylor were selling more albums and singles.

However, if we are excluding Adele (idk why we would though), I do agree that Selena has been the most sucessful pop girl for the Fall of 2015 and the beginning of Winter 2015

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

PMKKARDASHiAN

It'll be a sad cold day in pop music hell before selena is the number one pop girl... 

I'm not hating cuz I listen to some of her songs when they come on the radio, but the only reason girls like her and demi are even popular rn is cuz gaga, Katy, rihanna, Beyonce, and britney are absent. 

Prismatic
15 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

It'll be a sad cold day in pop music hell before selena is the number one pop girl... 

I'm not hating cuz I listen to some of her songs when they come on the radio, but the only reason girls like her and demi are even popular rn is cuz gaga, Katy, rihanna, Beyonce, and britney are absent. 

Leave Britney out and you're right. Not hating on Godney, but if she's going to do something Britney Jeans, I rather her be away from music and just work at Vegas. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

PMKKARDASHiAN
2 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

Leave Britney out and you're right. Not hating on Godney, but if she's going to do something Britney Jeans, I rather her be away from music and just work at Vegas. 

I honestly hope BJ was just a blip on her discography. 

There really hasn't been a britney album I've been unpleased with, and Circus and FF gave me such hope for the future of Britney. 

Prismatic
42 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I honestly hope BJ was just a blip on her discography. 

There really hasn't been a britney album I've been unpleased with, and Circus and FF gave me such hope for the future of Britney. 

Same. Her albums were all amazing, but Britney Jeans feels so out of place and unpolish. The music quality sounds like early demo work. 

Im totally here for another FF. I Wanna Go is one of my fave from her. I feel so sassy/happy and energetic when it comes on. And Criminal... Besutifully underrated.  

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived