šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does today's singers suck?

****ugagadaily

Featured Posts

Edonis
Just now, Steve Nasty said:

i mean we cant help it gaga is one of the most talented artists everĀ :air:Ā but i dont think we're like nasty about it really, at least the majority of us aren't. I definitely think there are other fanbases with a larger percentage of assholesĀ 

That is true, the majority isn't like that. But masses like to pick the few bad eggs and use that as the general consensus. It's sad.Ā 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but each decade there have been singers that were said to suck. Most of them don't last after their debuting decade. Miley, Kesha, Taylor and Katy have a decent Voice and write their own Songs. Demi is prob. the best Voice under 25 competing with Ariana Grande (not forgetting Tori Kelly). We are having great Singers - yet Record Labels start taking more and more control over the artist than 15 years ago. After they saw that when they have full control over an artist (Jlo, Britney), how successful they can be - they started doing this more often. Teen Stars became more known - more popular, because it was and still is easier to control them, than a 30 year old.

āŸ” ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†šŸ¦¢ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†āŸ”

SlayLin

It's different for everybody, because people can love whatever they want. I know I make fun of certain artists, but I mean no disrespect to fans. If you like Madonna, for example, that's great but she isn't my cup of tea. I literally don't really stan for anyone that's considered mainstream these days, because I just can't connect with them. Gaga, I believe, is on a whole other level of being a musician/artistĀ these days. She deserves more, more than Taylor or even Katy, I think. But I do agree, none of the people in music you listed appeal to me. I just don't see the talent. (Sorry!)

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Prismatic

Katy has written more solo songs than Gaga have ever written so :awkney:Ā as **** and Katy actually plays a guitar. Before attacking how other artists "sucks" at least know more about them before making these false reports.Ā 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

andy232000

yes and no. some of those names you mentioned can actually sing and do co-write or write their songs. as well as play guitar and piano *cough* cough* demi

Stephen
2 minutes ago, Mobster said:

Yes, we are... We're currently going through the "music not the bling" phase...Ā Wait till Gaga gets another #1 hit and watch the Little Monsters get cocky and over-confident again....:emma:

but cocky like what. Like if we trash other singers while praising Gaga than ok thats horrible. but I def think there are many times when we are just praising Gaga and other fanbases will start **** talking us out of jealousy and then it becomes an argumentĀ :air:Ā 

idk maybe its just me but i never trash other singers, and i dont see it much on my twitter

Desperado
7 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

i mean we cant help it gaga is one of the most talented artists everĀ :air:Ā but i dont think we're like nasty about it really, at least the majority of us aren't. I definitely think there are other fanbases with a larger percentage of assholesĀ 

Nah little monsters are the pits (not you but a lot of them)

Ā 

Anyway, i agree but some of the artists you listed can actually sing, like demi (her music is trash tho)Ā 

tumblr_m8m1tmI7Hy1r3ty02o1_400.gif

Ā 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ā˜„ļø

KyliesChild
6 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

but cocky like what. Like if we trash other singers while praising Gaga than ok thats horrible. but I def think there are many times when we are just praising Gaga and other fanbases will start **** talking us out of jealousy and then it becomes an argumentĀ :air:Ā 

idk maybe its just me but i never trash other singers, and i dont see it much on my twitter

But what you're describing is all over GGD.

Mobster
5 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Cocky like the OP... of course I'm not claiming every Gaga fan is that way and most of those fans probably left when Gaga started "flopping", but there's still a prevalent stigma about Little Monsters out there....

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Ferrer Zorola

Auto-Tune killed the pop genreĀ 
Auto-Tune killed the pop genre
Auto-Tune killed the pop genre
Ā 

LIFE IS GOOD

GloZell Green

Gaga is honestly one of the few full packages. She writes all of her songs alone (but gives credit to producers because she's too nice :neyde:), she can actually sing, she can dance, she can produce, her music videos are amazing... Overall she's talented. At this point, there's no one else in the pop game that meets the requirements.Ā 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

That OP is full of such nonsense that I don't even know where to begin.

Today's singers do not 'suck'. That is such a weird and absurd idea. Admittedly the standard is so much lower now, but is that the fault of the artists? Not really. The audience buy what they buy and the industry feed into that. Kinda like a vicious circle. But so much of what you said is basically not true.

Most ofĀ the artists you mentioned would not be considered 'the peak singers'. As far as I'm aware though most of them write their music, all of them sing live, some of them play instruments etc... But basically it's all crap. People say the exactly same thing about Gaga regarding 'the scandal', as you put it. Would people have paid as much attention to her as they did if she wasn't dressed in 'weird' clothes and drenched herself in blood etc? You tell me.

You know what? You're part of the problem. You're complaining about these Top 40 artists but I doubt you're trying to look beyond that. There's a whole lot of incredibly talented musicians still putting out great work. But you're glued to the Hot 100 and what's big on radio, as it's all you seem to be talking about. We're in an age now when that's not all you have to be confined to. If you don't like what 'mainstream music' has become, that's fine. Go listen to some stuff that's more under the radar and stop your bitching.

At the end of the day people will remember the greats. There's always an element of nostalgia with music, you've even done it yourself. Listing great artists, but of course no one will now talk about the bubblegum artists who served no purpose but to create a quick buck. And they did exist amongst The Beatles andĀ Michael Jackson etc. And 20 years down the line we'll find out who was really memorable and who actually changed things. Yes, I do believe Gaga will be one of those people, but she's not the only one and it doesn't mean that all music now is terrible.

Like I tell so many members who have already made this thread a billion times: if you think that mainstream music is crap, then stop listening to it. Take yourself out of your Top 40 bubble and go find something new. You have an internet connection, it's not hard. Stop being so pretentious.

Archived