💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Pop music boring right now?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Selena isn't even doing THAT well.

But to answer your question, I personally find this entire year one of the worst years in music in general. I've only loved one album released the entire year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like One Direction, Jess Glynne, the Weeknd, Years & Years and Little Mix and they've been all over the pop scene for the latter of this year (U.K.) and I generally enjoy the dance music that's always present so I'm not "bored" at all.

AlbiCalderone
13 minutes ago, Sebs said:

Bitch, sit your ass down and shut the hell up, bitch.

(WE'RE FRIENDS I'M JUST KIDDING DON'T BAN ME)

*tongue pops*

FameHookah
19 minutes ago, fionatella said:

The mainstream act used to be SO much fun from 2009 to 2012. We got bad romance, telephone, party rock, tik tok, super bass, california gurls, btw, we found love, etc. the last interesting year was 2013 (lorde, miley's controversy, gaga vs katy...) but since 2014 everything sounds the same. Problem, talk dirty, then worth it. I've heard the same song with more than 20 different titles so far 

Yeah.. So lame

I was at a party yesterday and all i heard was "lean on" sounding songs

Bunch of boring selena and justin remixes

Then everyone went crazy when someone put 2008-2011 music, (Gaga, Katy, Rih, Kesha)

Everyone misses them T.T why they keep releasing **** as of lately ._. Idk

WTF is MDNA

Yeah, this has been a boring year for pop music. i don't even listen to the radio but i notice the only people releasing music right now are the people i don't even like.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

PabloDaBlowfish

Besides her great personality, Adele is a borefest. Don't try me with "TALENT NO GIMMICKS" it's still boring. Soulful and.. BORING. Selena is still a non-event for me. But I'd rather watch Adele dominating than 1 year of nikki minaj shaking her ass.

StrawberryBlond

The problem is, almost all the best pop music right now is the alternative stuff - Lana, Halsey, Melanie Martinez...artists who aren't doing lots of promo, aren't getting lots of hits, not someone most people know of. There is quality out there, it's just not always in the forefront. If we're talking from a purely mainstream perspective, then yes, I would say it's boring. It just seems like everyone's trying to get a hit that'll be the next Uptown Funk right now, so we get beats that are maybe decent but not a patch on the source material and just feel like substandard rip-offs. You feel guilty for liking them because they're trying to be another song so bad, it's not really coming from a genuine place.

3 hours ago, Klou said:

Selena isn't even doing THAT well.

She is doing the best she has ever done, and Hands to myself is doing super well however you look at it. You gotta give her credit for that. :S

politicqxs

SILENTÓ!

SILENTÓ!

Now watch me whip (kill it!) now watch me nae nae (okay!) 

giving up sodomy and moving to 🇦🇪 converting to ☪ and marrying four girls

1 hour ago, Creyk said:

She is doing the best she has ever done, and Hands to myself is doing super well however you look at it. You gotta give her credit for that. :S

Oh I have always loved Selena and she is doing great, but I just think she still has a lot of room to grow in terms of how big she can be. She is still nowhere near the ranks of Rihanna, Katy, or Gaga.

Ferrer Zorola

I like focus but I feel you...
and I hate being nostalgic so I don't like to play old Gaga videos so I'm stuck between focus, til it happens to you and New York, New York...
every now and then I give the edge of glory some views...
:air:
I need new Lady Gaga music asap 

LIFE IS GOOD

CannaeDrive

To say the least, so much that it doesn't deserve any more comment.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

InsideOutright

YES. This was a very bad year for pop. There were hardly any good songs. Many songs were quickly overhyped and overrated even though they were decent otherwise (Uptown Funk). It also doesn't help that Ed Sheeran is at his peak this year and a lot of his newest songs are very boring compared to some of his previous hits like Sing.

The only 2015 pop songs I can think of from the top of my head that I actually enjoyed this year without them being ruined by radio: Heartbeat Song, Same Old Love, Ex's & Oh's, Ghost, Cool for the Summer, Dear Future Husband, and Cheerleader (I disliked it at first, though).

I look at 2010's songs on my iTunes and most of them are from 2011-2013. 2015 hasn't had that many "explosive" hits, really just Uptown Funk, Hello, and maybe Blank Space and Thinking Out Loud. Compare this to 2013 where we had a huge number of insanely popular and in some cases very danceable songs that we just couldn't escape and many of which were fairly enjoyable: Blurred Lines (ugh), Roar (double ugh), Wrecking Ball, Can't Hold Us, Safe and Sound, Cups, Happy, All of Me, Timber, Dark Horse, Counting Stars, Royals, Best Day of My Life, Wake Me Up, Say Something, Burn, Treasure, Love Somebody, Cruise, I Need Your Love... all dominated radio and clubs in 2013 and some of 2014. Gaga had so much competition and that's one reason why she didn't get as much radio play in the ARTPOP era. If Gaga had a new pop single around this spring or summer (before Adele-ception), she probably would have been as hyped as the early BTW era.

2014 wasn't that great, either, again with a lot of overhyped crap like Rude, Rather Be, and Am I Wrong, but it was better than 2015.

Since pop only seems to be good during years where Gaga is active, I'm praying that she can make radio enjoyable again. :flutter:

JusKeepBreathin

It's funny you say that because Madonna has had two or three major performances this year including the Cape Gate one and no one seems to even remember them.

You are right all major performances this year fell flat. Even Katy's Super Bowl performance was a snooze fest except for left shark. Does anyon even remember what she sang? 

JB and SG have two cute albums but not much on stage presence. Adele has a commanding on stage presence and while her performances are great they aren't really fun. 

Ariana Grande on the AMAs was fun, too bad that song is just bad.

Pop is really boring this year. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived