💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Pop music boring right now?

Creyk

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, hellothing said:

funny how noone mentioned taytay:laughga:

Taylor is great. But COME. ON. She did not do any promo for 3 out of her 5 singles. Of course good for her because she did well on the charts anyway. And she really wanted to go on tour.

She did make the reveal of the bad blood video a real moment, that's true, but I just wish she also went to Tv Shows and promoted her music there. Maybe now that her tour is over she will push Out of the woods, it would be so nice.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I think it may be the fact that we can be biased towards certain types of musical genre and artists. Personally, I'm not a hue fan of the music going on today, but that's because I have a bias towards other music (Gaga and really anything pop/rock/etc. beyond the 60's are my preferred genres). It's like when elders say "Music now-a-days wasn't like the way it use to be! Back in my day...". 

🃏🖤👹

Dangerous Man

It's going to be the end of the year though so it really doesn't matter rn. Everything will blast in 2016 i hope. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Jenniferella

I'm just waiting for a new popgirl with fire in her veins to smash it all like Gaga did in 2008. 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Serendipity
Just now, DevilHeart said:

I'm just waiting for a new popgirl with fire in her veins to smash it all like Gaga did in 2008. 

Gaga would probably be having her Femme Fatale era if it happens:air:

The GP always prefer the new 'it' girl

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Jenniferella
Just now, Clean said:

Gaga would probably be having her Femme Fatale era if it happens:air:

The GP always prefer the new 'it' girl

The thing is that I truly believe that Gaga is able to reinvent herself and do something fresh that could appeal (even if I don't give a damn about this last thing) but unfortunately it's not likely to happen anytime soon because I feel like she wants to gain back the public's sympathy SO BAD. The C2C thing, Oscars and stuff made people kind of like her again and I feel like she won't go back to controversy and creativity for now. Just my two cents

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

arthurhmangum

It was good for a while because there were a lot of releases. We NEED the main pop girls to resurrect and save us. :excited:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Whispering

Adele's return has been anything but boring! Taylor was the only big name doing anything of great interest to the Pop music world the year before that. Basically, we are missing all the big names (besides Adele) right now. I guess Bieber is a big name, but I don't sense an overall excitement for him being back. He definitely has come back with some good singles, but I feel that his fanbase hasn't expanded to make him an artist who a large percentage of pop listeners are excited about. 

if you mean 'mainstream pop', yes it kinda is. But if you just look at alt-pop or less mainstream artists, this year was SO good in terms of new albums coming out, from Florence to Marina, from Grimes to Halsey, from Say Lou Lou to Melanie Martinez.

1 minute ago, AlbiCalderone said:

Yes, AF

Bitch, sit your ass down and shut the hell up, bitch.

(WE'RE FRIENDS I'M JUST KIDDING DON'T BAN ME)

Maybe it's just not entertaining, in the sense that we've missed all round performers like Gaga or Beyonce. But I'm happy with Adele, The Weeknd and Lana releases (even if the three of them doesn't fit at all in the definition of "happy" ). Plus I enjoyed Pretty Girls, some Ariana's and Meghan single's. 

asfittingasmcqueen

The mainstream act used to be SO much fun from 2009 to 2012. We got bad romance, telephone, party rock, tik tok, super bass, california gurls, btw, we found love, etc. the last interesting year was 2013 (lorde, miley's controversy, gaga vs katy...) but since 2014 everything sounds the same. Problem, talk dirty, then worth it. I've heard the same song with more than 20 different titles so far 

Archived