Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy Perry tweets a paradox

Ronlop

Featured Posts

My ONLY problem with Katy is that she always tries to replicate her studio vocals in her songs. She has a low larynx voice and that's why she's very good at singing acoustic versions of her songs, because it suits her better.

I don't know if it's her label that forced her to sound as the same as her speaking voice (sweet) in One Of The Boys and then after all of that success, they told her to continue to do it over and over again. The same with Britney.

She's a mezzo-soprano, she can do "high" notes that everyone loves. It's just that she always seems to copy the style of her studio vocals and that's why she sounds airy and out of key.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iwontell

LOL, you guys won't let anything slide :laughga:

Idk...I feel people's success is a combination of a lot of different things, it's never just one thing "first and foremost": talent, appearance, good image, good marketing, good planning, networking, etc. ...every big artist/celebrity out there is a mix of all of that (which means to say Katy is untalented is unfair, even though I know you're just joking), just in different proportions: some are more talented, some are better looking, some know the right people to help them get ahead, some have a nice image and are widely accepted, etc., but, in the end of the day, they all have to manifest all of these qualities to some extent . 

Personally, I think, no matter what's one's personal formula to success, it's always so hard to make it big that I can't help "respecting" them, even if I'm not a fan...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Didymus
35 minutes ago, Say it Right said:

It's funny how we lower the standards for other popstars, yet people start SCREAMING when Gaga seems to miss a note in a low quality recording? Also, as a performer, she's very mediocre. I have yet to see a performance by Katy Perry that match Gaga's complexity, or even a good choreography by her (but Gaga is the one that can't dance, and for others artRave sucked because of that).

This isn't aimed directly to you or your post, I just wanted to point out this usual hipocrisy and double standards people have in this forum when it comes to measure 'talent'.

What kind of reverse talent expedition.

Lower the standards? :huh:

This thread isn't about a Katy performance, it's not about a new song, a new album, a new look, it's not about anything but to laugh at Katy in general and denying her right to be famous and the comments reflect it. That's something extremely different.

I don't see the hypocrisy either. The people who drag Katy at every turn are obviously in the majority here. The people who defend her are either fans or they don't like senseless bashing of other artists in general (I'd fall in the latter category). If that Fireworks performance just aired I would've dragged her voice and the rest of the performance most assuredly (though I wouldn't have paired it with personal attacks).

The double standard is your own delusion. No one is calling Gaga talentless when she ****s up a vocal. When she ****s up a vocal some members will overreact and focus on it, but only because they know Gaga is perfectly able to deliver vocal perfection. There's a very important difference there that you ignored. No one on this forum even has to measure Gaga's talent anymore: we all know she's incredibly talented. Comments are only directed at her specific expressions of it. With Katy it's the opposite: she's always being dragged in her totality instead of people focusing on what she's actually doing. Thàt's the double standard.

A Real Panda

I'm sure she was kidding, you dont need actual talent to make it in the biz, for longevity maybe. With what we have today, what you need are: a "look", catchy hit songs written by established songwriters, good marketing strategy and make sure you reach the widest audience (demographic) possible. Go easy on her she was kidding.

• AyaKara locked this topic

Archived