opinion

Katy Perry tweets a paradox

Ronlop

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucifer

Sure, she doesn't have amazing vocals. But you can't deny that she's a talented hit machine writer. 

Only the female MJ :applause: 

5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think what she meant was obvious tbh. To make it in the business you can't just work your way to the top like in her game. You need to be special. And while I agree that most of her high energy performances aren't good, her voice is special (as in: instantly recognizable - a must for a pop star).

No one stays in the game for this long without having a talent for being a star. It takes lots of dedication, hard work and persistence and she pulls off being a pop star just fine for me. Not everyone can do what she does, even if her voice is subpar to many.

I dunno. I just don't like how she's so excessively punished for the way her career turned out. Katy is not arrogant about her own success in any way, never brags about her talents etc. so it seems very off-putting to me to drag her through the dirt like this, when really, you should all be criticizing the industry, not her.

I agree with "No one stays in the game for this long without having a talent for being a star". I definitely think her success came from hard work but I also believed she is very manufactured. Gaga was manufactured most likely in her early career but as she gained power, she revealed her true self. I think what's bothering me the most about Katy is that she doesn't take herself seriously. I guess it's just not my type of thing. That's also partially why I can't stand Sia's new album :rip: 

I think it's ridiculous when threads in GGD get blocked because some members express their opinion about Katy. A good example is the 'Katy's App Flops' thread which was blocked by Haroon (who is known for his defense for Katy). I didn't see the thousands of 'Why ARTPOP Flopped?' threads being blocked here :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think you're all being a bit too harsh. Calling her talentless is too much. She's not my favorite singer either, but I have seen some beautiful performances and in terms of performance skill (I don't mean vocally) she definitely is talented.

So pls, can we lose the ugly attitude.

It's funny how we lower the standards for other popstars, yet people start SCREAMING when Gaga seems to miss a note in a low quality recording? Also, as a performer, she's very mediocre. I have yet to see a performance by Katy Perry that match Gaga's complexity, or even a good choreography by her (but Gaga is the one that can't dance, and for others artRave sucked because of that).

This isn't aimed directly to you or your post, I just wanted to point out this usual hipocrisy and double standards people have in this forum when it comes to measure 'talent'.

What kind of reverse talent expedition.

Hecturr
7 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

Sure, she doesn't have amazing vocals. But you can't deny that she's a talented hit machine writer. 

Only the female MJ :applause: 

Yes Bonnie McKee is a v talented  writer

NewYorkCity
29 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think you're all being a bit too harsh. Calling her talentless is too much. She's not my favorite singer either, but I have seen some beautiful performances and in terms of performance skill (I don't mean vocally) she definitely is talented.

Really Didymus?

I mean, I have Katy's albums and I like her music... but her stage presence and performance skills are so... nowheretobefind... imo, of course, maybe you like her. She just doesn't transmit that stage power/energy/confidence to me. She doesn't fill the stage. And her voice isn't anything spectacular either... so I see her music is good, but her performance skills are bad.

That being said, it is ok for her to be like that. She has other talents, which one can appreciate or not, and it is obvious that you need something to be on the top of the industry. I am not taking that away from her, of course.

NewYorkCity
10 minutes ago, Say it Right said:

It's funny how we lower the standards for other popstars, yet people start SCREAMING when Gaga seems to miss a note in a low quality recording? Also, as a performer, she's very mediocre. I have yet to see a performance by Katy Perry that match Gaga's complexity, or even a good choreography by her (but Gaga is the one that can't dance, and for others artRave sucked because of that).

This isn't aimed directly to you or your post, I just wanted to point out this usual hipocrisy and double standards people have in this forum when it comes to measure 'talent'.

and this. 

20 minutes ago, Say it Right said:

But this isn't ATRL where we need to constantly big up Gaga, everyone is here because they like Gaga (I can already hear some members running in to argue against that) meaning we can discuss Gaga in more detail than just "omg she's so great" because we all know she is.

If this site continues going down the Gaga is the best and everything else is sh*t so let's all bash it route, this site will become nothing more than an ego circle jerk.

13 minutes ago, Say it Right said:

She does choreo in this and also produces decent live vocals.

You're welcome :hor:

RAMROD
16 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

Why does that tweet sound like Gaga wrote it :smh: 

Maybe Gaga and Katy play sleep over again. And that was Gaga using her phone.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

10 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She does choreo in this and also produces decent live vocals.

You're welcome :hor:

Decent for your ears maybe

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

• AyaKara locked this topic

Archived