Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Is Beyonce's career diminishing?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I was one of many who thought she was over after 4. But she made a surprising comeback. Though "comeback" in the loose sense. The album only did so well because of its marketing gimmick. You could only purchase it through iTunes too. You couldn't stream it and all the songs/videos weren't available on YouTube intially and any unauthorised uploads were removed. It meant the album was shrouded in secrecy, which was a killer marketing concept for the public who likes to know everything. It also meant that if you didn't listen to it, you'd be the one missing out the next day when everyone at work was talking about it and buying it just before Christmas. It was genius marketing. Not only that, she had released tour dates and people who had bought tickets wanted to know what music they were going to hear on it as soon as possible (she had already started the tour, so it was assumed that she'd be performing the new material on it, meaning, if you were going, you had better educate yourself beforehand). Had she released it normally, I have no doubt that she would have performed little better than 4. The only single that had any sort of success was Drunk In Love, but it didn't make much of a dent internationally and time will tell if it becomes one of her most iconic hits. After all that, she only performed songs from it at the very end of the tour (I think her label thought the album wouldn't sell enough to have a successful tour of its own).

Since then, she's been very quiet. Her new collabs aren't gaining any heat. Taylor and Adele are the two females running it right now and both outsold Beyonce's self titled album, individually as well as combined. Suddenly, Beyonce's numbers don't look as impressive as they did 2 years back. And then, you've got to take into account how few solo hits she's had. Her last huge hit was in 2009! None of her singles from 4 even reached the Billboard top 10! For a popstar, she has a severe lack of hits. I didn't think any pop artist can stay relevant after a hit drought that long. Out of all her singles, very few have sunk in with the public at large and she has a ton of flops. Her debut was the closest she ever came to having an album full of hit singles with 3 out of 4 singles being hits (though Baby Boy is pretty forgotten), B'Day had 2 hits (though Deja Vu is pretty forgotten), Sasha Fierce was 50/50 hit/flop, 4's singles all flopped and Beyonce only had one top 10. Very poor performance for a supposed pop icon. She doesn't do a lot of international promo either, so the rest of the world has moved on a lot from her. I notice she's all but abandoned Asia after B'Day, which maybe explains why she doesn't sell there anymore. She's such a US act now and you just don't hear about her internationally. Yet, it seemed like everyone was going to her tour except me. She hadn't been relevant in the UK since 2010 - how did she sell out all those UK dates? Beyonce's one of those weird artists who sells despite not having hits and not being talked about. She's got star power, I'll give her that, but her songs? For the most part, they're so...meh.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riot Poof

Beyoncé is a legend at this point. She's fine.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Iwontell
On 20 de dezembro de 2015 at 1:46 AM, Gianni Versace said:

leFYIei.gif

This gif just made my day :laughga:

I think Beyoncé has transcended the need for popularity, tbh. She's an icon, so even if people are not talking about her as they once did, she's still a big, talented artist that's recognized by her peers, by the industry and by the critics...it's like Meryl Streep, you know, even if a movie of hers is not a big hit, she's still Meryl and people love and respect her and her talent...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

That's what you get if you rely soooooomuch on marketing gimmick and not paying enough attention to your quality of work.

Tropico
19 hours ago, CurlyBae said:

It's stupid to make these comparsions..Because 1)we are talking about the PRESENT. I never stated that Beyonce didn't have a big career. ..Madonna is not relevant now. That doesn't mean that she wasn't HUGE in the past. 2)Every artist has a different career.. Beyonce for example had "4" exactly after Sasha Fierce that didn't even have a decent hit and then she made Beyonce that was big in album-sales and had a decent hit. Gaga's third era (BTW) was a lot bigger than "Sasha Fierce" is you want to see it that way. And I am sure that  Gaga's next album will be a lot bigger than ARTPOP

1.) It's ridiculous to compare them when there is years between them. You can't compare Madonna at age 56 to Gaga at age 29. It's stupid. Compare them at around the same time in their careers. 

2.) The delusion. IASF sold more in terms of album sales and single sales. 

18 hours ago, River said:

1. it's so easy to sold out for a USA performer in Europe, even Rebecca Black can do it lol

I was talking about the radio plays and music videos plays on the channels.. she's nowhere to be found there..

2. So? critics says what they want, I don't have to agree with them..

My opinion is not something "correct" or not, it's an opinion, maybe all the world can like something, but I don't, because some things bothers me..  and it's fine and you don't need to be aggressive with me

3. Halo sounds like every love song of hers, and 7/11 is the exact copy of Get Me Bodied..

Again, I find her songs very similar, it's not a crime.

And why you are taking so personal and so aggressive with me? lol it's not like she's going to defend you or me when we need.. she's only making money from us and getting rich like every other singer in the world :laughga:

1.) She is clearly doing well in Europe if she's selling out arenas. The numbers don't lie but you could. Or maybe you just aren't turning in your radio, because if she wasn't know, how is she selling out so well. Rebecca Black isnt nearly as big let's not. 

2.) I'm just pointing out that people who professional analyze and critique for a living are a better source than a stan on GGD. 

3.) Halo sounds like No Angel? Halo sounds like Blow? Halo sounds like End of Time? Halo sounds like Crazy in Love? Lmao NOPE. 

7/11 and GMB sound almost nothing a like. The focus is both on dancing but that doesn't mean they sound similar. 

I'm not taking this personally, but thanks for looking out for me. :) 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

2 hours ago, Tropico said:

1.) It's ridiculous to compare them when there is years between them. You can't compare Madonna at age 56 to Gaga at age 29. It's stupid. Compare them at around the same time in their careers. 

1.) She is clearly doing well in Europe if she's selling out arenas. The numbers don't lie but you could. Or maybe you just aren't turning in your radio, because if she wasn't know, how is she selling out so well. Rebecca Black isnt nearly as big let's not. 

2.) I'm just pointing out that people who professional analyze and critique for a living are a better source than a stan on GGD. 

3.) Halo sounds like No Angel? Halo sounds like Blow? Halo sounds like End of Time? Halo sounds like Crazy in Love? Lmao NOPE. 

7/11 and GMB sound almost nothing a like. The focus is both on dancing but that doesn't mean they sound similar. 

I'm not taking this personally, but thanks for looking out for me. :) 

1. Again, it's easy to sell-out a tour in Europe for an American artist....Madonna, Gaga, all sold out, it doesn't mean that many people are buying the albums or singles, or they have radio plays... you can check the French Virgin Radio or the Italian RDS  playlists (the websites have them by times) during the release of her singles of the last album.. you'll not find them.

Madonna - only LFL and Ghosttown were played.

Gaga - DWUW and sometimes very rarely you can hear GUY, or Poker Face.

Beyonce entered in French chart at 13 (not even top 10) and Italy at 28 (not even top 20).

The European Radio is focusing on national singers mostly, the Spanish summer hit and a lot of Eurodance music, oh and Taylor Swift (only Style, Shake it off and Blank Spaces, no sign for BB)

2. "Stan" I'm here for the music news mostly, I like Gaga but not going to fight for her or die for her, I'm 27, I'm too old for this.

Did you read what I said? it's my opinion, you can show millions of articles, and I'm still not going to change it (for now, maybe I will when she will WOW me) I just don't see her as a good performer. nothing wrong, it's not a crime.

3. Yes, Halo sounds Sweet Dreams for me, CIL sounds like GW and DV.

The song that is really original in my opinion is RTA which I like the most, especially the tour version.

I mean since DC she did that, IW P1 is the same as BBB.. her money, she got it, no men will use it but her..blah blah.. she's a strong woman.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Fiona Apple
2 hours ago, Tropico said:

God :awkney:What you don't understand is that we are NOT COMPARING THEIR careers..We are just saying who is relevant now.Is it that hard to understand?

Btw IASF had 9 singles so we can't really compare them. Beyonce never had/will never have an era as big as TF/TFM anyway :bye:

Tropico
31 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

God :awkney:What you don't understand is that we are NOT COMPARING THEIR careers..We are just saying who is relevant now.Is it that hard to understand?

Btw IASF had 9 singles so we can't really compare them. Beyonce never had/will never have an era as big as TF/TFM anyway :bye:

And again: it doesn't make sense to compare their relevancy at the moment. And why are you brining up Applause if we're comparing rn? 

We aren't talking about TFM. We were comparing IASF and BTW, and IASF won. IASF had lots of singles bc she was doing well lmao. If we compare the biggest singles, IASF still wins.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Fiona Apple
6 minutes ago, Tropico said:

And again: it doesn't make sense to compare their relevancy at the moment. And why are you brining up Applause if we're comparing rn? 

We aren't talking about TFM. We were comparing IASF and BTW, and IASF won. IASF had lots of singles bc she was doing well lmao. If we compare the biggest singles, IASF still wins.

Because Applause was on Gaga's last real album.. What else could I use? :awkney: Btw I don't think that BTW and SL have a big difference in sales. But the sure thing is that BTW charted x100 better worldwide

VOLANTIS

I think she has established a Legacy as herself and even though she's currently on the down low, she's one of the people who can skyrocket to No.1 just tomorrow. She has a lot of Haters and that actually helps her career and imagery. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Gianni Versace
16 hours ago, Loose Gaga said:

no lol are you a riri fan?

of course! talent always wins, sweetie!

Archived