💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Is Beyonce's career diminishing?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Gianni Versace said:

but what about her song with coldplay? it wasn't recognized at all basically, neither was her song with naughty boy. 

wait really? i've never heard of this :flop: and I call myself a Beyonce fan

edit:

the coldplay ft is tumblr_luzcnp30cb1qa3g9o.gif

the naughty boy feature is so basic :koons: not what I'm used to from Beyonce 

Don't visit my profile

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

wait really? i've never heard of this :flop: and I call myself a Beyonce fan

edit:

the coldplay ft is tumblr_luzcnp30cb1qa3g9o.gif

the naughty boy feature is so basic :koons: not what I'm used to from Beyonce 

hymn for the weekend is a bop hdu

Better Day

At least her most famous song is remembered within our fanbase and every monster has at least one copy of it. 

Together You And I!

Blueskye

Jesus f****** Christ why does GGD have a vendetta against her. Her last album was more recent than ARTPOP (and more successful) does this mean Gaga is also a has-been!? I'll never understand why this forum hates her so much, she's flawless. 

Hecturr
4 hours ago, scottb1990 said:

Jesus f****** Christ why does GGD have a vendetta against her. Her last album was more recent than ARTPOP (and more successful) does this mean Gaga is also a has-been!? I'll never understand why this forum hates her so much, she's flawless. 

No one has said anything that indicates they have a vendetta against her. OP wants your thoughts about the matter and laid out his arguments in a very non biased way. Most people try to contribute to the post instead of posting something that contributes to nothing but 5 pages of arguing back and forth.

Gianni Versace
8 hours ago, scottb1990 said:

Is beyonce woman of the year? i don't think so. if you don't like gaga maybe you should log out!

Didymus

What are you talking about :rip:

She's just not been active. Look up how successful her last two tours were. Her touring power continually grows. Growing tour power is a sure sign of a career not being anywhere near diminishing.

It sure is a lot easier to prove that Gaga's career is diminishing. So I rest my case.

Blueskye

I say that because it seems like everyday, there's yet another topic whining about why Beyoncé is still famous. It's clear that a large portion of GGD hates her and I don't understand where this hate comes from. 

I don't think Beyoncé is diminishing in the slightest, she's been doing her thing for nearly two decades and she's never been stronger imo. I think it's smart not to have someone shoved down you're throat all the time, she's not in an album cycle atm, she doesn't need to everywhere.

To the comment throwing WOTY out there, Beyoncé did the Super Bowl, I'd say that was fairly even. 

And finally FYI, I adore ARTPOP, it's my life right now and I still listen to it all the time. Just because I used a poor example that involved Gaga, does not take away from my love for her, don't be so quick to attack others. When you go through GGD's history of Beyoncé topics you'll understand why I feel my attack on this thread was justified, you're attack on me, not so much. 

Didymus

Some more recent achievements:
- being named the top-earning woman in music (2013)
- most successful solo tour to date (near $230 million) (2013)
- highest-grossing female tour of 2013
- highest-grossing solo tour of 2013
- fifth highest-grossing tour of 2014 with only 21 dates (near $100 million) (2014)
- being again named the top-earning woman in music, doubling her 2013 revenue (2014)
- 3 VMA's + Video Vanguard Award (2014)
- introduced in the "Legends of Rock" section of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (2014)
- 6 Grammy nominations, incl. Album of the Year, winning 3 (2015)
- covering Vogue (2015)
- headline act at the Made in America festival (2015)
- headline act at the Global Citizen Festival (2015)

She ain't goin' nowhere.

Tropico

Not true at all. Runnin' is already a European hit. 

7/11 was a top 15 hit without a single performance for almost a year after release.

The BEYONCE era garnered over a billion views despite the videos only being released a year after the album, which means people were still interested a year later. 

Despite not being promoted, the era garnered 4 platinum singles in the US. 

The Mrs. Carter World Tour is one of the highest grossing female tours of all time, something most pop girls can't say. 

The media is still absolutely obsessed with her. Let's not forget that she stole the show at the MET Gala earlier this year.

The only reason BEYONCE era felt so short is because Bey wasn't interested in promoting it so once the tour ended, she was just about done with it. It still sold an extremely good amount.

Bey is doing well. She's filming a secret music video rn, and once that's out, I have a feeling these threads will seem so ridiculous when she is performing well. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico
27 minutes ago, scottb1990 said:

I say that because it seems like everyday, there's yet another topic whining about why Beyoncé is still famous. It's clear that a large portion of GGD hates her and I don't understand where this hate comes from. 

I don't think Beyoncé is deminishing in the slightest, she's been doing her thing for nearly two decades and she's never been stronger imo. I think it's smart not to have someone shoved down you're throat all the time, she's not in an album cycle atm, she doesn't need to everywhere.

To the comment throwing WOTY out there, Beyoncé did the Super Bowl, I'd say that was fairly even. 

And finally FYI, I adore ARTPOP, it's my life right now and I still listen to it all the time. Just because I used a poor example that involved Gaga, does not take away from my love for her, don't be so quick to attack others. When you go through GGD's history of Beyoncé topics you'll understand why I feel my attack on this thread was justified, you're attack on me, not so much. 

You're right. GGD has been trying ever so desperately to drag her for a while. A thread of this exact nature was made last week. Everyone just keeps talking about her being overrated and it's so tired at this point. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Blueskye
Just now, Tropico said:

You're right. GGD has been trying ever so desperately to drag her for a while. A thread of this exact nature was made last week. Everyone just keeps talking about her being overrated and it's so tired at this point. 

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is noticing. 

I go through periods where I don't listen to Beyoncé for a while, but when I revisit her music, it always slays me hard.

Beyonce is only successful in the USA, 2 years in Europe here and I've never heard her on the radio or saw her videos on tv.. both in France and Italy.

She's a nice performer but not someone to follow.. it's only a nice dance moves, diva attitude and a fake feminism..

Her songs are kinda the same, especially lyrically.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Fiona Apple

It's fun because people think that Beyonce is relevant but she haven't had an Applause sized hit in the US since 2008-9

Archived