Video: Lady Gaga at Billboard's Women in Music event

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alcina Dimitrescu
3 hours ago, Whispering said:

"Most" understand the lyrics to have this meaning because that's what they mean. You are the exception in this situation. You are twisting her words and the meaning behind the lyrics to fit your constant negativity-hater agenda. That's why "most" people, including countless music critics, publications and the media don't see this song as a "pity party". That is your warped interpretation....and it definitely isn't Gaga's fault that you can't interpret a clear message and straightforward lyrics. 

Most see Just Dance as a fun party song when lyrically it decipts a woman dancing to calm herself down because she is too drunk, lost her **** and is talking too much. I'm not twisting ****, thats literally whats written. If you see things different awesome, let me be. Ultimately in my ears its gonna remain as a pity party song, awfully sung on that performance to top it off and if my opinion triggers your ass so much you could always put me on ignore lmao. In the end 'm right regardless.

2 hours ago, yASSsss said:

you always try to find flaws in Gaga's work whether its her songs,performances or even her lyrics but you stan for Katy so i'm not very surprised.

go listen to her pre-teen bops,i'm sure you'll understand those lyrics pretty quickly.

Actually i dont, i just like calling out the hypocrisy and mental stunts required to justify Katy/Madonna/Whoever bashing and Gaga defenses. In fact my last drawing is Gaga, its in my Instagram lol. It breaks my heart that for people like you, being able to see the fallacies in Gaga's words and work equal being a hater. That kind of mindset leads to nothing but discord lol.

Bloody

Such an amazing performance I judged way too early.Those vocals, the emotions :wub:

By far my fave performance from her this year. 

giskardsb
47 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

I'm not twisting ****, thats literally whats written. If you see things different awesome, let me be. Ultimately in my ears its gonna remain as a pity party song, awfully sung on that performance to top it off and if my opinion triggers your ass so much you could always put me on ignore lmao. In the end 'm right regardless.

Actually i dont, i just like calling out the hypocrisy and mental stunts required to justify Katy/Madonna/Whoever bashing and Gaga defenses.

You are not right, and that part becomes obvious within about 2 minutes of watching the TimesTalk video with Gaga and Diane.  The song is told from the point of view of the assault surviver.  The point is that until that person is ready to accept help and change, all the platitudes in the world are not going to help.   There is a healing process that the person has to go through.  The entire song is about understanding what takes place and why it takes time, that it's not so easy to just decide to "buckle up and go on with life" or whatever platitude you want to throw their way.  "Till it happens to you, you won't know how I feel."

There is 100% no hypocrisy in this case because both Gaga and Diane went through it.  

ShockPop
2 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

Most see Just Dance as a fun party song when lyrically it decipts a woman dancing to calm herself down because she is too drunk, lost her **** and is talking too much. I'm not twisting ****, thats literally whats written. If you see things different awesome, let me be. Ultimately in my ears its gonna remain as a pity party song, awfully sung on that performance to top it off and if my opinion triggers your ass so much you could always put me on ignore lmao. In the end 'm right regardless.

Actually i dont, i just like calling out the hypocrisy and mental stunts required to justify Katy/Madonna/Whoever bashing and Gaga defenses. In fact my last drawing is Gaga, its in my Instagram lol. It breaks my heart that for people like you, being able to see the fallacies in Gaga's words and work equal being a hater. That kind of mindset leads to nothing but discord lol.

Maybe you don't get it because it didn't happen to you and you don't know how it feels.

GloZell Green
3 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

If you don't like it then leave its that simple. We really don't need response like this. And obviously you do, I've yet to see a thread where you don't look for something to critisize. You won't ever understand the song, like it says "Til it happens to you, you won't know how it feels" :trollga: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

5 hours ago, yASSsss said:

you always try to find flaws in Gaga's work whether its her songs,performances or even her lyrics but you stan for Katy so i'm not very surprised.

go listen to her pre-teen bops,i'm sure you'll understand those lyrics pretty quickly.

lou28bN.gif

Ouch.

:air: 

FreePalestine

Dangerous Man

Why do we have Gaga trolls on this site? Ban them now please. :wtf:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Desperado
3 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

Just Dance is a party song, you and your interpretations of songs are a mess. 

That was really amazing. Just really happy for her, you can tell she's feeling truly happy. Keep at it Gaga. Looking forward to your next album. 

Togekiss

I have to say I'm confused at the hate this performance is getting. The one criticism I think might be valid is the editing between taping and airing, but just imagine how everyone else performing must have sounded :toofunny:

That said, I am totally unbothered. This woman inspires me and her voice and mind continue to slay me to life. I guess I'm just a happy little stan:flutter: 

bring on that pecan pie

Archived