💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Lack of Female Asian Pop Stars

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
13 hours ago, Creyk said:

Well can you name 4-5 because I honestly  can't.

Talent always finds a way. Look at Gaga, Lana, Justin (even if he has a bad personality, he was just recognized for his talent)

Talent & Justin in the same sentence, lmao the delusion

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if we're talking about Chinese, Japanese, and Korean acts, there have been a few. Utada Hikaru has released a few albums here in America, all in English.

But there is J-Pop and K-Pop lovers in America, but I doubt we'll get them into the mainstream. While there are a few acts (the fictional vocaloids, 2NEI1, BigBang) that all have had or have tours scheduled in America, America seems to be weird about foreign music in general. Though I think it's because of the general (wrong) assumption you can't enjoy music if you don't understand it.

But talking about regular Asian Americans singing in English, I have no idea why there isn't more of that.

Serendipity
6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

In my personal opinion, Asian acts just can't break through since KPOP music/industry is considerably different compared to American music/industry.

Some Asian acts have the potential to break through, but America will tear them apart compared to what Korea loves about them. If they try to twerk (which some Asian performers do in Korea, and Korea doesn't care) they'll be torn apart. Their dancing can't be sloppy, and they can't lip-sync at all (which some famous Asian acts lip-sync half the song or the whole thing).

A big reason is that they have to pronounce English properly or they'll never hear the end of the racism and jokes making fun of them.

Take EXID for example, I read up somewhere that they had a chance of breaking through and tried to, but since they couldn't pronounce English properly they were made fun of constantly.

Some Asian acts just can't take the chance to break through, or their image has a chance of being destroyed. 

Not to mention, the KPOP industry is way different compared to America's.

(sorry if some of this makes no sense, i'm too lazy to read it over)

5 hours ago, LebaneseDude said:

Erm... they exist...in Asia.........

This thread is about American born Asians who speak English:air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

The group Perfume MAY attempt to debut in the U.S. at some point

They're my queens, I flew 4 hours to NYC by myself last year just to see them during their first tour in the U.S. and it was worth every penny omg I cried

Anyway, their goal used to be just to perform for fans in the U.S., and since they successfully did that they weren't sure what to do next.  They were inspired by how many fans were waiting for them here, and so their new goal is to one day perform at Madison Square Garden.....and they're gonna have to build up a huge fanbase in the U.S. if they want to do that.

I think it will be very difficult for them though, because since they started touring worldwide in 2012, their thoughts on it were "we'll go to other countries and try to appeal to the people there, but we'll keep our Japanese-ness because that's what makes us unique and that's where we're from and we want to represent Japan".  They want to be able to become popular in the U.S. while still releasing their songs in Japanese, and many people in the U.S. are not here for that.  If it's not in English, many people won't care and won't listen.  And also, when they perform in english-speaking places, they do speak english on stage, but it's just rehearsed little speeches, and the large portion of the concert they still speak japanese (they chose a translator out of the audience).  Their pronunciation is usually great, but since it's rehearsed I have no clue how well they could actually do in an interview or something like that :/

tl:dr they have huge dreams for the u.s. but I don't think the way they're currently approaching it will allow them to fulfill them

also they were in the launch commercial for the iphone 6s so you've all probably seen them on tv :flutter:

Rocketno10

Seeing all these people saying " representation doesn't matter in this thread" make me wanna cry so badly

what a privilege to be able to say that:flutter:

How I hope I can live in their world and don't have to worry about seeing my own race being unfairly portrait :laughga:

Rocketno10
14 hours ago, Queen said:

The crybabies  after the evil white people again 

And the white people are doing "I said nothing wrong" and "there's no such thing as white privileges" again

6 hours ago, frankgutz said:

I always bop with CHI CHI

Oh, they're kinda cool, i actually know who they are

4th Impact is also cool

omg yas stan for CHICHI!

I like dancin', and ponies....

Archived