💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Madonna Overrated?

Quark

Featured Posts

CakeLikeLG

No, Confessions, Ray Of Light or American Life remind me how great her music is and thats what only matters. You can say what you want about Madonna but good music cannot be overrated. 

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful

No Madonna reinvented everything in music. She deserves praise. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

4 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

No

you are too young, most of us are too young, and we will never be able to appreciate her for what she is because we missed her time.

Truer words were never spoken. The overwhelming majority of people who post here are way too young to have an intellectually-informed opinion on Madonna's influence. (Note the use of the word "informed").

And, if one lacks the context to make an informed opinion, one is better off remaining silent on the subject.

You can't ignore your lessons even after you become a star

She is Mom

I can never say that she is, even if she is now.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Hexxx said:

Madonna wasn't really inspired by musical artists. Just a couple (Marilyn Monroe as one of them). instead she has channeled models and actors of the 30s on up in her videos and fashion. I don't think Madonna is overrated at all. if anything, i think her artistry is underrated because if you look on youtube, her videos are below the 100 Million mark while Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston have several vevo hits. she may not be one of the best singers but she has a nice and soothing angelic voice. she is still an OUTSTANDING PERFORMER and she is an "old woman" with a fit and flexible body that moves in places that your mother probably can't. And you say gaga was more creative in her 7 years? i beg to differ. Madonna has had very strong ongoing acclaim and racy performances, reinventing herself 6 years straight. Gaga's done a lot as well in her 7 years but i don't think it was as strong as Madonna's

Of course Madonna could not been heavily influenced by past artists MTV went on the air in 1981 and her first song was released in 1982. She drew visual influences from what she saw in the movies as a child in the 1960's. Now people can take influences from there childhood faves because there have been music "videos" for the past 30+ years. Either way Madonna was influenced by what she saw as a kid just like artists now are influenced by what they saw as kids.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Andreyw

To be honest , her originality is overrated (I mean, she was accused in court for plagiarism and even lost some cases) but beside that, she's a great artist. Only some of her stans , from GGD, at least, are so unbearable and very snobbish , otherwise I , personally , wouldn't  mind her 

Dramatica

Uhm no? She ain't any more attention than... say... Gaga

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

PMKKARDASHiAN

madonna is far from overrated...:wtf: 

I feel bad for the younger gaga fans who are so anti madonna that they can't appreciate the classic madonna imagery, music, persona. 

Adelephant

She is the most overrated pop star ever.

- She's not very talented at all.

- Her record sales from the 80s are dubious at best. There is no real way to check them.

- Her influence on pop music was not good: She represents everything that people critique about pop music (gimmicks, image obsessed, focus is not on the music) and she doesn't have the raw talent to back it up (like Lady Gaga does, for example) 

- She's a horrible person. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived