Fiona Apple
22 minutes ago, Clean said:

I meant outcharting it in many places with less available resources

like Canada, etc:lolga:

Yeah in my country dwuw was more popular too

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Slave 4 u is still talked about, aswell as the VMas performance...

I don't know about the sales but the single was also banned from radio so it definitely didn't flop.

DiscoHeaven23

Honestly, even though it didn't flop too hard, "Me Against the Music" by Britney Spears feat. Madonna. That is a MAJOR duo and for the song to only peak in the 30's is jaw dropping. What's even more shocking is that it was a lead single, and therefore had a better chance of performing well. 

#JusticeForMeAgainstTheMusic

StrawberryBlond

I view a chart hit/flop by how it performed internationally. It's pointless just basing it on the US charts or just the charts from your own country because one place doesn't dictate the overall hit ability of the song. Dirrty was a massive hit worldwide, America was the only country that didn't hop on it. Britney only has so many "flops" from her 2001-2003 era in the US because she was blacklisted in the US but worldwide, she was a major hit, so calling that stuff a flop because of one country doesn't make sense.

My picks are...

Christina Aguilera - Candyman (this song was everywhere and it's still used all these years later for various dance performances)

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (remembered for all the wrong reasons but still remembered)

Beyonce - Single Ladies (seriously, check out the worldwide chart performance on wiki, you'll be shocked)

Beyonce - Run The World (Girls) (a huge fan favourite and a lot of Vevo views)

Lady Gaga - You And I (massive fan favourite, always goes down well at her live shows and it won over a lot of people who'd dismissed her before)

Fiona Apple
2 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I'm Slave 4 u is still talked about, aswell as the VMas performance...

I don't know about the sales but the single was also banned from radio so it definitely didn't flop.

Commercially it flopped. But it's iconic.That's what the thread is about xD

Quartz
2 hours ago, Clean said:

memorable despite flopping and having impact

So we're defining flop as not successful on the charts? (there are different definitions btw) ok, i get it :duck:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

imwoahvicky
3 hours ago, Clean said:

It stalled at #20 something because of her getting blacklisted

and impact >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DWUW outdid Applause WW w/o a video:neyde:

If only it did have a video imagine the sales :nick:

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

The Child
3 hours ago, CurlyBae said:

It didn't even hit top 20 in the US.. That's a massive flop for a lead single with SO much promo

Because she chose Pepsi as a promoter for her upcoming tour instead of choosing Clear Channel which owned pretty much all the radios in the US, from Slave to Me Against The Music, Britney was banned from radio.

2 hours ago, BlTCH said:

I really don't understand what people liked about Im a slave 4 you it's so bad 

tumblr_nwlrv90kZ31rv6sroo2_540.gif

tumblr_nwlrv90kZ31rv6sroo3_540.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Prismatic
4 hours ago, Clean said:

Here

Hide contents

Legacy[edit]

"Dirrty" is considered the catalyst for all the good girls gone bad. Writing for The Hampton Institute, critic Terry Young, Jr. commented that Aguilera "redefined the 21st century female pop performer". He added that following the release of Stripped and Dirrty, "artists like Spears and Beyoncé became more comfortable expressing sexuality and no longer felt the need to sell the notion of innocence". "Dirrty" has been honored to be one of the sexiest music videos by media outlets. On MTV's TRL's finale in 2008, it named the video as the fourth greatest of the MTV generation and inducted into the "TRL Hall of Fame". MTV later ranked it as the sexiest music video of all time.[59] Likewise, in late 2004, the video was voted the "Sexiest Music Video of All Time" by over a quarter of a million FHM readers in a poll the magazine ran worldwide.[60] The video also was part of Heavy and Fuse's Sexiest Music Video of All Times lists.[61][62] Slant Magazine also named the video one of "The 100 Greatest Music Videos of All Time", coming in at 100.[63] In 2012, The Sun newspaper named "Dirrty" the raunchiest pop music video of all time.[64] In 2013, the VH1 list "The 25 Most Scandalously Sexy Music Videos of All Time" ranked at number two, making female artist with the highest-rated music video on list.[65]

"Dirrty" music video has been credited as the origin of the dance move now known as the slutdrop.[43] Later, the dance move gained popularity among contemporary artists, including The Pussycat Dolls and Beyoncé.[43] The clip was also credited as an influence to Miley Cyrus's video "We Can't Stop" in 2013.[66]

I thought you were going to quote something by D.M.F or is it D.F.H 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

skaxboy

I honestly don't consider these two songs flops at all. At the time, both Xtina and Britney were at the top of their game. I remember hearing these songs heavily on the radio. And back then it was more about MTV and TRL and watching the actual videos on TV. Those views didn't count toward single sales or radio plays the way Vevo and Spotify streams do now. i guess by today's chart standards they are called flops, but they are well known tracks and pretty iconic. It shed the squeeky clean bubble gum pop image of the two girls, and I remember it being all over. If you're calling Britney songs flops, then call everything aside from Baby one more time, Womanizer and 3 and hold it against me a flop. A true Britney flop is Pretty Girls. 

Serendipity
11 hours ago, Prismatic said:

I thought you were going to quote something by D.M.F or is it D.F.H 

Are you on ATRL? :air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

ゼレミ ノヴェリノ

Partition:green:

B_tch Better Have My Money:green:

Archived