opinion

Gaga's Lips/Fillers/Surgery/... Thread

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus
3 minutes ago, GawdGa said:

but these injections arent raping kids...? lmaoooo

theyre only affecting herself hunny

Everything she does affects millions of people worldwide.

I'm not saying she should change her behavior because of that. I just wish there was some consistency. Either she cares about setting an example or she doesn't give a ****. I'd personally prefer the latter actually. But I had to endure the BTW pandering nonsense and for that I am bitter.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

I've skimmed the thread, I don't have the patience to read 37 pages of bickering but to stay OT:

I don't really understand why anyone would have a major issue with it. We dye our hair,  we sunbed,  we apply copious amount of make up,  we pierce our own bodies and scar them with ink, we're hardly promoting 'true beauty' ourselves. 

It seems that just because she is a celebrity she should act a certain way to fit the mould,  which means never getting any cosmetic procedure,  yet sticking a pin in your ear lobes is hardly different from plumping your lips temporarily.  Without being too critical I cannot tolerate the 'Don't get surgery mommy' kind of replies,  it's embarrassing and naive.  Let the woman do as she pleases,  she does not need to feel the constraints of her own fans as well as the industry.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Emigrante
12 hours ago, FameHookah said:

Yep, she's been doing this since 2012

But she went too far with the cheeks/jawline/chin/extra lips

Yes but I mean everyone is complaining about how she looked at Billboard, but she has the same fillers since June/July this year (these cheekbones and lips). 

About her lips I noticed that at the Billboard event she had used fuller lipstick. You see?

click

You didn't pay attention, but since June/July this year everything can be the same.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

I've skimmed the thread, I don't have the patience to read 37 pages of bickering but to stay OT:

I don't really understand why anyone would have a major issue with it. We dye our hair,  we sunbed,  we apply copious amount of make up,  we pierce our own bodies and scar them with ink, we're hardly promoting 'true beauty' ourselves. 

It seems that just because she is a celebrity she should act a certain way to fit the mould,  which means never getting any cosmetic procedure,  yet sticking a pin in your ear lobes is hardly different from plumping your lips temporarily.  Without being too critical I cannot tolerate the 'Don't get surgery mommy' kind of replies,  it's embarrassing and naive.  Let the woman do as she pleases,  she does not need to feel the constraints of her own fans as well as the industry.  

'Some' of her fans became little monsters because she looked different and they could identify with her. Exclusively fans who had a low self-esteem because they didn't like their bodies. She seemed strong and unreachable. The bond between Gaga and her fans became stronger but since she tries to look more like a western beauty, with plumper lips and bigger cheekbones, they feel disconnected from her. You know...

Dominic
1 minute ago, Gagy said:

'Some' of her fans became little monsters because she looked different and they could identify with her. Exclusively fans who had a low self-esteem because they didn't like their bodies. She seemed strong and unreachable. The bond between Gaga and her fans became stronger but since she tries to look more like a western beauty, with plumper lips and bigger cheekbones, they feel disconnected from her. You know...

Monsters feeling entitled again then,  yeah? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Hecturr

Gaga if you ever read this, thanks for helping me find that doctor, got an appointment with him in june :gaycat: 

5 hours ago, Gagy said:

Have you read this thread at all? The majority against it are against it because of what Gaga has said about her mental health. She has constantly stated she suffers from serious depression, anxiety, body image issues, insecurities, ect. She's stated she was bullied for her looks all her life and had grew up suffering from bulimia. She's stated she has an addictive personality and made an entire album about her addictions. People who share those struggles and get fillers are typically the ones who end up in a viscous cycle. We don't want her to feel she has to botox the **** out of her face to feel pretty, to try to fix whatever is wrong inside of her (bc it will NOT fix anything and these cases tend to just get worse) ect. A confident, strong. healthy woman doesn't go to the doctor and to him cha ge her facial structure with fat injections. How many totally confident happy people go spend thousands on botox? 

Gaga has admitted she has problems and a chemical imbalance in her brain. The people who are worried in this thread are worried because we genuingly care enough about her to wonder if she is doing this for some underlying reason, to fill some sort of void, to feel some sort of happiness, ect. I consider these people much more genuine fans than the ones who are saying ~lol why do people care? let mommy monster do what she wants if it makes her happpyyyyy!~  

kiss kiss

1 hour ago, Church said:

Have you read this thread at all? The majority against it are against it because of what Gaga has said about her mental health. She has constantly stated she suffers from serious depression, anxiety, body image issues, insecurities, ect. She's stated she was bullied for her looks all her life and had grew up suffering from bulimia. She's stated she has an addictive personality and made an entire album about her addictions. People who share those struggles and get fillers are typically the ones who end up in a viscous cycle. We don't want her to feel she has to botox the **** out of her face to feel pretty, to try to fix whatever is wrong inside of her (bc it will NOT fix anything and these cases tend to just get worse) ect. A confident, strong. healthy woman doesn't go to the doctor and to him cha ge her facial structure with fat injections. How many totally confident happy people go spend thousands on botox? 

Gaga has admitted she has problems and a chemical imbalance in her brain. The people who are worried in this thread are worried because we genuingly care enough about her to wonder if she is doing this for some underlying reason, to fill some sort of void, to feel some sort of happiness, ect. I consider these people much more genuine fans than the ones who are saying ~lol why do people care? let mommy monster do what she wants if it makes her happpyyyyy!~  

I never said that the majority of fans did it. I wrote 'some' for a reason. 

Plus, if you would have read that thread at all, you should know that I stated my mind in this thread some days ago. In case you dont want to look it up (again), I can give you a short summary of what I posted: I'm worried about Gagas depression, I'm supporting her actions. Especially now she needs her family, friends and fans. She needs us to count on.

Andy McQueen

Her make-up during this photoshoot here and also the wig is very similar to the style she had at the Billboard event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyqcoWUBJE

So I think it's good for comparision to show how much her face has changed (although you have to include the fact that she was a lot younger back then as well, of course). 

destinyofself
14 hours ago, Andy McQueen said:

Her make-up during this photoshoot here and also the wig is very similar to the style she had at the Billboard event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyqcoWUBJE

So I think it's good for comparision to show how much her face has changed (although you have to include the fact that she was a lot younger back then as well, of course). 

Wow she does look very different 

What I find off-putting about the recent changes are that they immediately position Gaga smack-bang in standardised Hollywood beauty 'ideal' territory. She looks... just like everyone else. And so the appearance is of conformity rather than individuality.

One of the reasons I was initially drawn to Gaga was her fearlessness and enjoyment of taking her looks to extremes, especially into grotesque and weird directions. And it could be argued that she still does - the Frank Sinatra look is some way from any mainstream, straight female beauty standard. But that would sure be an easier argument to make if there were any commentary from the woman herself. Without that, we can only go by the appearance of where/with whom she's positioning herself. 

I hope she's playing. I hope this is a temporary phase like everything else and she will move on, and that it's not a symptom of some deeper issues. But I wish she would find different ways to play. I had thought that Gaga had an understanding of how the more people conform to a standard, the harder it is for difference to be tolerated/embraced/celebrated. And also that any individual's actions have consequences for larger groups of people. It will be disappointing if that no longer matters to her.

It should really go without saying, but I will say it anyway to try to penetrate some density here: expressing an opinion on the way a public figure performs her gender and identity does not equate to wishing her rights to bodily autonomy be taken away. 

destinyofself
Just now, field said:

What I find off-putting about the recent changes are that they immediately position Gaga smack-bang in standardised Hollywood beauty 'ideal' territory. She looks... just like everyone else. And so the appearance is of conformity rather than individuality.

One of the reasons I was initially drawn to Gaga was her fearlessness and enjoyment of taking her looks to extremes, especially into grotesque and weird directions. And it could be argued that she still does - the Frank Sinatra look is some way from any mainstream, straight female beauty standard. But that would sure be an easier argument to make if there were any commentary from the woman herself. Without that, we can only go by the appearance of where/with whom she's positioning herself. 

I hope she's playing. I hope this is a temporary phase like everything else and she will move on, and that it's not a symptom of some deeper issues. But I wish she would find different ways to play. I had thought that Gaga had an understanding of how the more people conform to a standard, the harder it is for difference to be tolerated/embraced/celebrated. And also that any individual's actions have consequences for larger groups of people. It will be disappointing if that no longer matters to her.

It should really go without saying, but I will say it anyway to try to penetrate some density here: expressing an opinion on the way a public figure performs her gender and identity does not equate to wishing her rights to bodily autonomy be taken away. 

Couldn't agree more, Gaga, for me has always been a different kind of beauty, now she is definitely looking more "normal" so to speak, she was a very unconventional kind of beautiful, looking back at the Link Andy McQueen posted further up the page you can really see the difference in her face, especially her nose. I don't like it when fan's say, "It's her face why are you so bothered...", It bothers me because I truly resonated with Gaga in the beginning because she was unconventional, and so unusually beautiful and was very unapologetic about it, now she is almost too perfect and for the fans that looked at her and thought, "I feel comfortable with myself, if Gaga is such a huge icon and can be herself and not feel the need to change then I feel like I don't need to", it must be quite hard for them in a way because they may have built up a sense of confidents around that idea, and for Gaga to appear with a modified face it must give a sense of confusion. But I agree when people say, "It's Gaga's face she can do what she likes", which she can, but in my opinion she doesn't need any of that.

Andy McQueen
1 hour ago, destinyofself said:

Couldn't agree more, Gaga, for me has always been a different kind of beauty, now she is definitely looking more "normal" so to speak, she was a very unconventional kind of beautiful, looking back at the Link Andy McQueen posted further up the page you can really see the difference in her face, especially her nose. I don't like it when fan's say, "It's her face why are you so bothered...", It bothers me because I truly resonated with Gaga in the beginning because she was unconventional, and so unusually beautiful and was very unapologetic about it, now she is almost too perfect and for the fans that looked at her and thought, "I feel comfortable with myself, if Gaga is such a huge icon and can be herself and not feel the need to change then I feel like I don't need to", it must be quite hard for them in a way because they may have built up a sense of confidents around that idea, and for Gaga to appear with a modified face it must give a sense of confusion. But I agree when people say, "It's Gaga's face she can do what she likes", which she can, but in my opinion she doesn't need any of that.

1 hour ago, field said:

So, so true - your words express exactly how I feel about it. :giveup::(

I hope that the temporary fillers and injections will go away one day completly and she will soon look like herself again ... 

destinyofself
1 hour ago, field said:

I hope so too, but I do think some permanent changes have been done, for years now she has looks vastly different to Famega, I know she was a lot younger but she won't ever look like that again sadly, that's my opinion anyway.

Archived