💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did you visualize a music video/reaction when it actually came out?

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Personally, I expected The Edge of Glory to be more like her American Idol performance : magical, fantasy-ish. I also expected her to do the choreography with a partner (like she usually performs it live)

When it came out i was pretty dissapointed considering the video is just her walking around a purple New York block. I think Applause was almost how I expected it to be, except I more imagined her VMA performance to be how the music video would be.

Haroon

I visualised Marry The Night with way more hospital scenes (during the actual music part of it) and less dance studio scenes :laughga: For The Edge of Glory I visualised it like the Google commercial but 10x better. Applause I wasn't sure what to expect at all, I was expecting a kinda simple video with loads of dancing and people with face paint everywhere but I was pleasantly surprised because it ended up being way better and so kick assish :flutter: 

I think Edge of Glory's aesthetic has been very influential in pop culture this recent years. All these pink/purple/street MVs remind me a lot of Edge of Glory; I think Demi's Cool for the Summer and JB's What do you mean have a lot of Edge of Glory in them. It may not have been ideal but I think for some reason it had a very fresh aesthetic and it's one of her most iconic videos. figures.

Anyway, the Born This Way Music Video was nothing like I imagined. Like 100% totally opposite. Maybe that very dark style wasn't the best idea :duck:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Batwings

When The Fame Monster was first released, I remember listening to Alejandro and thinking, "Hmm, if this ever gets a music video, it should have a dark, surreal, Steven Klein-esque quality to it." I had been a fan of his work with Madonna and thought his aesthetic would be perfect for the song. WELL, WHATTAYA KNOW?

ApplauseftAdele
21 minutes ago, Resquid said:

I think Edge of Glory's aesthetic has been very influential in pop culture this recent years. All these pink/purple/street MVs remind me a lot of Edge of Glory; I think Demi's Cool for the Summer and JB's What do you mean have a lot of Edge of Glory in them. It may not have been ideal but I think for some reason it had a very fresh aesthetic and it's one of her most iconic videos. figures.

Anyway, the Born This Way Music Video was nothing like I imagined. Like 100% totally opposite. Maybe that very dark style wasn't the best idea :duck:

Interesting..  I sort of thought the same but based on the cover art and the intro of the song I honestly expected some wierd alien dance video to happen

Sizzily

When she said there would be hand drawn elements to the Applause video, I thought there would be more than 5 seconds of it. But that purple lazer tunnel blew me away.

I pictured the bridge of Judas to be really crazy but it was like the slowest part of the video.

And of course all the "what could have been"s for a Venus video. Poor ha. 

One Banned Boi

Not for a song released as a single - but heres what I would've expected from a Mary Jane Holland video.

-Setting: high class nightclub

-Concept: Gagas character has extreme anxiety performing in front of the club while sober, however the crowd turns into horrific creatures while she is high and on stage - she is bothered by all of this though.

So the scenes would be her performing MJH in a fashion similar to how she did for artRAVE with the chairs while she wears 1920s inspired crystal attire with a short black bob. Scenes inter cut to her in her dressing room prior to performing have a meltdown of sorts. Crying, breaking things, hyperventilating, throwing herself around the room. Kinda like the MTN video but a little less aggressive and more fearful of her surroundings. During the bridge is when we see her sitting crying and lighting up while the other girls try to comfort her. Then we see her at the bridge looking still a little sad before the curtain rises - once the curtain rises at "Introducing ladies and gentleman Mary Jane Holland" we see her all smiles in a crystal sleeveless deep v neck crystal bodysuit with a wig ala TFM bob. Shots showing the audience show them as body horror creatures. Eyes in the wrong place, extra hands and lack of distinguishing features. the final shot is Gaga passing out on the floor after the curtain closes and a shot of the audience applauding and cheering while all looking normal and in their best attire

Archived