💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

New Golden Globes rule

Wixson

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

doesn't a film have to be officially released (in any capacity) in order to be considered eligible? (and not just "screened" for critics?)--i thought that was why studios gave films, such as "Carol," limited release dates, so they would qualify for awards despite not having wide releases? I've just looked into and it seems Joy is strictly coming out on the 25th??

Anyways, if its not nominated for GG, I'm still not worried about it losing steam for the Oscars. I actually think it sometimes benefits when songs don't get the GG nom to get the oscar nom in the long run b/c i've found that people are always surprised when a GG-nommed song is snubbed at oscars, or when a song that hadn't been previously nommed DOES get the oscar nom (it just seems like something happens more often than not)

Oh yeah, no. The production companies send out screeners of certain movies to critics/awards voters so it could result in awards consideration. Or they simply organize secret screenings we've already mentioned. + The awards aren't given based on our opinion so basically - they don't even need us. Eh.

Well, perhaps.. Both have pros and cons. I guess we will find out tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived