💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

New Golden Globes rule

Wixson

Featured Posts

Princess Die

I read this as New Golden Rule and thought Gags was dropping a new song with JT and got excited for like 1.5 seconds and then got depressed. :laughga:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

Not them bending the rules to snub gaga for TIHTY. A reverse -song-with-a-message-ian experience. 

Do you guys know if a song from documentary has ever been nominated? I quickly looked through the winners and didn't see any docs

TropicOfCANCER
2 hours ago, Wixson said:

This nomination/win was/is supposed to give her a major Oscar boost so I hope it ain't true.

Not really. there have been innumerable instances where songs that got a golden globes nom didn't get the oscar nom and vice versa.

TropicOfCANCER
2 hours ago, Chump said:

It's until november, so AHS is in

this must only be for TV then, because "Joy" hasn't been released anywhere (and doesn't come until 12/25) and Jennifer Lawrence will surely be nominated.

OT: anyway, I don't understand why this is/would be a rule change; it's not like there has been instances of "Category fraud" or anything that would foster a need to keep documentary songs from getting nominated.

40 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Not really. there have been innumerable instances where songs that got a golden globes nom didn't get the oscar nom and vice versa.

That is true, but the Oscars are the most important & receiving recognition from other major award shows can only help it + this is different - there are many award-related organizations/people which believe 'Til It Happens To You' is one of the frontrunners. Same thing happened with Skyfall & Glory.

38 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

this must only be for TV then, because "Joy" hasn't been released anywhere (and doesn't come until 12/25) and Jennifer Lawrence will surely be nominated.

OT: anyway, I don't understand why this is/would be a rule change; it's not like there has been instances of "Category fraud" or anything that would foster a need to keep documentary songs from getting nominated.

Joy's had its first official screening almost two weeks ago, just like a bunch of other yet to be released movies, just so they could be a part of this year's awards season.

Why? Who knows.. A Co-Awards Editor at Variety and a person who attends secret screenings and probably gets some info. before general public does seems like a reliable source. I hope not, though.

Eh, this may be just another propaganda to cock block 'Til It Happens To You for that nomination/award. :awkney:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Evan Peters

well obviously...the golden globes are for television, not movies and documentaries... 

emma roberts is an abuser

next thing u kno they're gonna make up more rules like "if ur a pop star u can't be nominated for a tv show award"

TropicOfCANCER
50 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

well obviously...the golden globes are for television, not movies and documentaries... 

nope. golden globes are for film and television. documentaries ARE film.

TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

That is true, but the Oscars are the most important & receiving recognition from other major award shows can only help it + this is different - there are many award-related organizations/people which believe 'Til It Happens To You' is one of the frontrunners. Same thing happened with Skyfall & Glory.

Joy's had its first official screening almost two weeks ago, just like a bunch of other yet to be released movies, just so they could be a part of this year's awards season.

Why? Who knows.. A Co-Awards Editor at Variety and a person who attends secret screenings and probably gets some info. before general public does seems like a reliable source. I hope not, though.

doesn't a film have to be officially released (in any capacity) in order to be considered eligible? (and not just "screened" for critics?)--i thought that was why studios gave films, such as "Carol," limited release dates, so they would qualify for awards despite not having wide releases? I've just looked into and it seems Joy is strictly coming out on the 25th??

Anyways, if its not nominated for GG, I'm still not worried about it losing steam for the Oscars. I actually think it sometimes benefits when songs don't get the GG nom to get the oscar nom in the long run b/c i've found that people are always surprised when a GG-nommed song is snubbed at oscars, or when a song that hadn't been previously nommed DOES get the oscar nom (it just seems like something happens more often than not)

Archived