💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is artistic about ARTPOP?

Kate Bush

Featured Posts

The era was too short to comprehend anything. It was just about possibilities. possibilities of what? idk, but i didn't like the sound or lyrics of the album to even question the meaning of it. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Javier Gallo

Well to start with fashion is considered a type of art and she has references to Versace and the song Fashion! Plus the GUY, Applause and Venus reference to actual works of art and artists. 

And also Maty Jane Holland about getting high, and gaga stated in the past she was able to create while being high. However, it wasn't the concept wasn't that clear because of the songs like sexx dream, an so on.

Justin Drew Bieber

If ARTPOP never "flopped" , all the bashers would say its an artistic masterpiece, so take several seats 

crybrowz

In my opinion, the music itself is very pop and not so much art. However, the visuals (fashion, performances, videos) are very art and not so much pop. ARTPOP is about taking pure pop and attaching art on to it. I think a lot of people got upset because the music itself is fairly commercial and non-boundary pushing but the concept is that the "generic" music and the "avant-garde" visuals can belong together beautifully. 

Haroon

Same thing that's artistic about her other albums really, the way she's brought about the music into a visual form and her performances and appearances and stuff :duck: I don't think ARTPOP stands out as more or less artistic than her other albums just because it's got "art" in the title or because of its goal of bringing art into pop culture :laughga: "Artistic" is subjective too so there's never really gonna be a set answer to this :sick: 

Can we just have this thread closed. It's kind of obviously flamebait, the album is two years old, and quite frankly, the era was killed off far too early, and we all know that if the albums had great singles and sales, it would be more defendable to you because many of you believe in the popularity contest of pop music.

Let us stop while we're not too far behind.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrf5noe4q1r5egmp.gif

JazzGa

The performance art studies with Marina Abramovich? The album cover and album launch collaborations with Jeff Koons? The recreations of classical paintings and living bondage portrait by Robert Wilson? The release of multiple photo sets representing each song on the album by fashion photography duo Inez and Vinoodh? The endorsement by atelier fashion house Versace? The innovative fashion creations by the Haus including the Bubble Dress 2.0, fiber optic wig, (unused) reflective moving panel dress, mechanical human operated horse, and of course Volantis? There was loads of Art in ARTPOP, a lot of it was simply underutilized or didn't get the exposure it deserved.  

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Dark Anatomy

The album is more Ironic or a paradox than it is ART. 

It is ironic in the sense that the album is titled ARTPOP, which should mean that the music is the ART (which is put in the forefront) and the POP is her aesthetic. However, she switched these concepts and did the opposite. Maybe that's what she was trying to convery with the whole Reverse Warholian Experience. 

It becomes a paradox due to the album being titled ARTPOP, the music and imagery being more POPART, and because of that the album becomes ARTPOP once again.

giphy.gif

It's still a shitty album though. :awkney:

MelbHawker

Not sure if these types of threads are actually serious or if the OP actually has any understanding of what art entails. It's more than a pretty drawing. If you can't understand that, bye felicia.

Born Brave
20 hours ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

I got nothing 'artistic' about ARTPOP. I am sorry, but that is my perception. It came off as forced. Her art, to me, is in her previous albums. 

That's because it was forced. I agree with you. 

19 hours ago, Majora said:

If ARTPOP never "flopped" , all the bashers would say its an artistic masterpiece, so take several seats 

You dont know that.

I can't find many ''artistic'' elements from the music, but I guess her ARTPOP could mean anything :laughga: She did many art projects during the era though (Marina Abramovic, Robert Wilson). She was inspired by art while making pop music. Maybe ARTPOP was supposed to be more soulful, like art usually is, but she really wasn't herself in 2012. She was always high, in pain and depressed. She didn't fail with the music though, even if it's pure pop with edm instrumentals and not something that is considered artistic. 

Archived