💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Fame is bigger than Baby One More Time?

ezrajones

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
Just now, ezrajones said:

Mess at the Mandy Moore stan @frankgutz coming in here to snatch Britney's wig :rip:

I agree though.

nnnn i know, poor Mandy :pray: treat me nice pls I'm an endangered breed hahahaha

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ezrajones
1 minute ago, Brahyun said:

This proves nothing. Baby One More Time is the more iconic song. And if petty numbers are any indication, Lady Gaga's top hits are forgotten since her YouTube views are tragic, whereas BOMT became VEVO Certified this year

So what proves it if numbers, facts and evidence don't? The way you "feel"? :rip:

Gaga

Just now, ezrajones said:

So what proves it if numbers, facts and evidence don't? The way you "feel"? :rip:

:toofunny:

The views Gaga generates today for videos like Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance are ****ing tragic. You'd think they were never hits. Britney's ...Baby One More Time is a ****ing Pop classic and has been covered and praised by many artists of today including but not limited to Gaga herself, Rihanna, Madonna, Selena Gomez, Charli XCX, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, and the list goes on... Meanwhile Gaga's hits are totally forgotten today and are never mentioned YET a 16 year old single is still being viewed on YouTube daily, when it wasn't even apart of the digital age, and is still getting praised and covered.

You're embarrassing Gaga and this fan base but go on :toofunny:

FrankGutz

Nobody remembers 'Sometimes', 'From the bottom of my broken heart' & 'Born to make u Happy', they're nonexistent to the GP like Eh Eh..

The Fame is more iconic, only those who are old enough remember BOMT

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

2 minutes ago, Brahyun said:

This proves nothing. Baby One More Time is the more iconic song. And if petty numbers are any indication, Lady Gaga's top hits are forgotten since her YouTube views are tragic, whereas BOMT became VEVO Certified this year

I  can sum up this discussion very easily.

1 minute ago, ezrajones said:

I work at a the largest retailling store in my county and this happened:

1 - Baby One more time started playing. Everyone, but i mean really a big crowd started dancing and singing, like looking at each others. It was one of those real life musical moments.

2 - Poker Face plays and some people sing the po po po poker face. But there isn't that drive, that thing that makes them want to sing and dance

ezrajones

The views Gaga generates today for videos like Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance are ****ing tragic. You'd think they were never hits. Britney's ...Baby One More Time is a ****ing Pop classic and has been covered and praised by many artists of today including but not limited to Gaga herself, Rihanna, Madonna, Selena Gomez, Charli XCX, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, and the list goes on... Meanwhile Gaga's hits are totally forgotten today and are never mentioned YET a 16 year old single is still being viewed on YouTube daily, when it wasn't even apart of the digital age, and is still getting praised and covered.

:toofunny:Gaga gets millions of hits on her videos daily. Free video views on the internet for a nostalgia Barbie Girl-lite song are not impressive.

Baby One More Time sold less copies than Bad Romance, Just Dance and Poker Face (like, a lot less) and gets zero airplay today :toofunny: But go on about how a video that people watch like an old fart joke getting free views means something.

Gaga

:toofunny:Gaga gets millions of hits on her videos daily. Free video views on the internet for a nostalgia Barbie Girl-lite song are not impressive.

Baby One More Time sold less copies than Bad Romance, Just Dance and Poker Face (like, a lot less) and gets zero airplay today :toofunny: But go on about how a video that people watch like an old fart joke getting free views means something.

Gaga doesn't get millions of hits on her videos daily. :toofunny: Truly a nutcase. Lady Gaga was prominent in the becoming of the digital era and has physical single releases whereas Britney BARELY got proper single releases and most of her singles were only able for digital download. But stay acting like Gaga was the bigger act. If that's the case, why is she completely forgotten now? :toofunny: 

ezrajones

BOMT Tour = less than a few million

The Monster Ball = 227 million with millions of tickets sold globally

BOMT the song and album are both panned by critics 

The Fame is universally acclaimed and was nominated for album of the year at the Grammys. Poker Face winning one for the era as well. 

The army has really brainwashed the pop world.

Gaga

ReidOne

You also have to remember the age of the fans... "Baby One More Time" came along at the exact right time for my generation (I'm 32)... most heteros-xual straight women who love pop music and are my age identify with this song as the pinnacle of their youth!!

Gaga's music, on the other hand, indicated an entire cultural SHIFT. It transcended age/gender/politics and it pointed our piracy-obsessed, record-industry-in-shambles culture toward an era that had long since passed. And it reminded us how and why pop music excited us in the first place. The era of EPIC pop artists who could change the world simply with how they dressed and the music videos they made.

BOMT will always have its place in pop music history. Nothing can take that away from it. But Gaga's impact, tho.... 

FrankGutz
4 minutes ago, Brahyun said:

You can compare BOMT song with BR, kinda the same impact, but out of that song that album is not that good, u don't hear any of the other singles anymore, tho i like it, i guess

4 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

fff

i didn't write that :air:

4 minutes ago, Killa said:

I  can sum up this discussion very easily.

I work at a the largest retailling store in my county and this happened:

1 - Baby One more time started playing. Everyone, but i mean really a big crowd started dancing and singing, like looking at each others. It was one of those real life musical moments.

2 - Poker Face plays and some people sing the po po po poker face. But there isn't that drive, that thing that makes them want to sing and dance

The member is a nutcase. Poker Face is forgotten. BOMT has been a pop classic for the past 16 years. :toofunny: Any teenager nowadays can easily name BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, Womanizer, Till The World Ends, and so on.

ezrajones

But stay acting like Gaga was the bigger act. If that's the case, why is she completely forgotten now? :toofunny: 

iTunes top 1500:

Lady Gaga:

#199 Cheek to Cheek

#1030 Cheek to Cheek

#1233 The Fame

Britney: Spears

?

Gaga

Just now, frankgutz said:

You can compare BOMT song with BR, kinda the same impact, but out of that song that album is not that good, u don't hear any of the other singles anymore, tho i like it, i guess

i didn't write that :air:

From BOMT? Do you really expect radio to play singles that weren't hits from a 16 year old album? :toofunny: Tragic plus it's not like Gaga's old singles are prominent on radio nowadays anyways so there goes that argument...

PartySick

There's always a pop queen that changes the business.

Madonna, Britney, then Gaga.

They each did it differently than the last and in different times so it's hard to compare them. I'd say The Fame is at least as big as Baby One More Time.

🖤

• Admin locked this topic

Archived