💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ESC - english or original language?

Phoenix

Featured Posts

Phoenix

In your opinion, should entries be sang in original language or in english? Since seems like everyone is running away lately from singing in original language, considering in last 10 years only winner with original language was Serbia in 2007 with Molitva.

2005 - My Number One
2006 - Hard Rock Hallelujah 
2007 - Molitva
2008 - Believe
2009 - Fairytale
2010 - Satellite
2011 - Running Scared
2012 - Euphoria
2013 - Only Teardrops
2014 - Rise Like A Phoenix
2015 - Heroes

In my opinion everyone should sing in their own language, or at least majority. What do you think?

💎

I support countries who sing in their languages. It more looks like an American show than an European one. We are diverse in our tongues and that should be seen

Phoenix
Just now, Simon said:

I support countries who sing in their languages. It more looks like an American show than an European one. We are diverse in our tongues and that should be seen

Agree. I remember before there used to be more countries singing in their own language. 

💎

Just now, Phoenix said:

Agree. I remember before there used to be more countries singing in their own language. 

Yeah, it's usually always the same countries who sing in their languages like the Balkan states, Israel, Spain, France and Italy 

Phoenix
1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yeah, it's usually always the same countries who sing in their languages like the Balkan states, Israel, Spain, France and Italy 

True. I recall my country singing in English only once, and I think it was 2005. 

💎

Andreyw
Just now, Phoenix said:

Song with several languages in? K-POP teas

Not that exclusive to k-pop anymore tho :P 

Bellatrix

I think I have to say English.

Europe has many beautiful languages and some songs sound better in their native language, however I do enjoy English songs more since you get to know the meaning of them. So I think it should be the way it is today - each country gets to decide what they want to send.

Bloody

I like the fact that this competition unites all the countries together so I'd rather see them sing in their original languages cause it feels more special to me.For example songs with original languages like Oro and Alcohol Is Free are some of my faves.But on the other hand ofc I don't mind english songs.

I just wish there would be a good year again as 2004 and 2008 which were my favorite years on the conpetition with my favorite songs. :) 

Florian

Original language. This show is supposed to show how beautiful and diverse Europe is. Now it's tasteless, I can't hear the beauty of european languages.

If I should watch a full english show, I'd rather watch XFactor UK than ESC, it would be more entertaining.

KyliesChild
32 minutes ago, MACH said:

I think I have to say English.

Europe has many beautiful languages and some songs sound better in their native language, however I do enjoy English songs more since you get to know the meaning of them. So I think it should be the way it is today - each country gets to decide what they want to send.

Yet that can be said on the contrary, though. :yay:

JanPianoMusic

I am somewhat in the middle: 

If they sing in their native tongue, they're really representing their national community, but nobody will understand what they're singing about if it isn't in English, French, German, Russian, Italian or Spanish. Viewers aren't going to vote for a song they can't understand. Then again, the ESC is more about the performance than the lyrics.

You will never please everyone.

Archived