Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele's '25' album review

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Adele's 25 is one of the most anticipated albums in a long time. And while it will surely meet the commercial expectations that everyone has, it only somewhat met the musical expectations that 21 set.

Overall, the album is very solid. In fact, as a whole the album is much more interesting than 21 was. However, this album lacks individual standout tracks. Other than Hello, you won't find another Rolling In The Deep, Someone Like You, or any of the other epic tracks that 21 had. In fact, the first single, Hello, is the best song on the album. However, there are other standout tracks on the album. Send Me Your Love is a pleasant surprise from Adele, as she proves that her vocals can still shine with more upbeat and trendy productions. Million Years Ago provides some of the best melodies and emotion on the album. And When We Were Young and I Miss You have some of the the best choruses and productions. But the rest of the songs (Remedy, Sweetest Devotion, ect.) lack cohesion, good melodies, and are overall very forgettable (Some of the lyrical content on some of these songs also feel lazy).

25 is a good return album for Adele, is just not a great one.

Score 7/10

djBuffoon

After two listens, I do feel that 25 is a letdown. Certainly not a bad album but, one or two tracks aside, nothing comes close to the heights of 21, even the tracks that didn't make it to radio. 

wiltedbliss

I much prefer it over 21. I never really got into 21 other than the singles and some album tracks. However, I did expect more from 25 because Hello raised the bar, and expectations. + the reject songs we've heard from Sia were amazing too. So, after first listen, I was kind of underwhelmed but then I realized my expectations were too high tbh. And im hooked on the album now. I lahhhhv it

GagaMyBlood95

Hello is the best song on the album, that is for sure, but overall, I am quite pleased with the album :yes: 

Fernster7

I do love the album, it's amazing, it's solid and some tracks are perfect. But I kind of agree with you, none of the songs except maybe one or two can be compared to the singles from 21.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

I actually love it!! I never could get into Adele other than a couple of her singles but I have been enjoying this new album on repeat. I feel like these songs weren't written to be as catchy as some of her previous catalog but I love how she drives the songs with her vocals.

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Archived