💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The first (messy) arena Monster Ball

Harry

Featured Posts

I remember this so well. I remember we were all so excited for the revamp and then she showed up with that plastic wig and everyone lost their sh*t. I didn't like Monsterball 1.0 (felt somewhat industrial) but I loved the much more theatrical Monsterball 2.0. I'm glad she was able to put on the show she wanted a couple of days later. I'm sure she keeps her wigs closer to her now, I wouldn't be surprised if Freddie has to carry an emergency wig in his bag just in case some suitcases go missing at the airport these days. It was the messiest wig of her career and God knows this girl has had some messy wigs (but a lot of good ones too.) I am still slayed by the blonde wig and I loved the costumes we all remember. Monsterball 2.0 remains my favourite Gaga tour and I hope the future tour is more along the lines of MB2 than BTWB or AR. It just has that really theatrical feel but it's so structured and rehearsed, one of the best popshows ever and this is the tour that put her on the map as an enormous force, Live Nation was so happy with this tour. I remember some details about her contract with them and she took a huge risk and would've gone broke again if the tour didn't work out. But the Live Nation team believed in her and she ended up making millions and millions.

Best Gaga tour, hands down.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster
55 minutes ago, MAC said:

I remember this.  Not a fan of that cheap looking wig at all but I guess when everything was lost that is what she had to go with at the time.   On a side note:  I really loved the first theatre version of the tour as well.   That was one of my fave things she has done.

A side note tho, even so-called "theatre" version of Monster Ball Tour played in arenas such Bell Centre, Air Canada Centre... I think Monster Ball 1.0 would be great for festivals... Because stage was compact, all decorations, screens of it could have been fitted in any festival stage, and the show could be performed without losing anything from its original form... 

1 hour ago, amenvodka said:

I think it's funny how a majority on here always remembers that era of Gaga with such a romanticized nostalgia when there actually were mishaps/messes. I think nobody even remembers the backlash Gaga got for Bad Romance and how the YouTube page used to be CLUTTERED by haters who said it was Poker Face 2.0 and that she ran out of ideas and how everyone in the blogosphere was already hooting and hollering about her "decline" or how her 15 minutes of fame had already passed.

Totally! That seems to be the way a lot, really. Even with the BTW era there was so many messes and complaints from fans but now it's often looked back on as a highlight. Even though Gaga was more successful during 2010 she took on a lot of negativity as well. I remember defending her a lot on Twitter/Facebook and against people I knew at school through that time. It's never been smooth sailing as much as people act like it is. That's just the kind of artist she is.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Totally! That seems to be the way a lot, really. Even with the BTW era there was so many messes and complaints from fans but now it's often looked back on as a highlight. Even though Gaga was more successful during 2010 she took on a lot of negativity as well. I remember defending her a lot on Twitter/Facebook and against people I knew at school through that time. It's never been smooth sailing as much as people act like it is. That's just the kind of artist she is.

I agree, even in her peak of popularity she was a VERY polarising figure. I remember tonnes of my family and friends would absolutely hate her, whilst others loved her. She also got a really bad wrap in the media throughout all of her debut and 'peak' years - constantly doubting her talent and calling her a 'shock jock'.

I also totally agree with what you said about Born This Way, yes it was very successful but there were tonnes of negativity towards Gaga during the whole era...and then when ARTPOP came around a lot of people wouldn't even give her a chance.

She's marmite, and always will be. I do however think 2015 has been a great 'damage control' year for Gaga. I personally have loved her since day 1 but this year she's gained a lot of positive attention from the general public, which can only be a good thing for her future albums, tours etc. 

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Apparently there was a rumor that it wasn't even her :laughga: it obviously was though lol

i completely respect her for going on with the show. If you think about it, this was her first major arena tour and first actually BIGGER tour. No matter what I respect her for going on with it, and the show was I'm sure still amazing! :D

TimisaMonster

Why is this being brought up? 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BurqaSwg
12 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

Apparently there was a rumor that it wasn't even her :laughga: it obviously was though lol

omg I thought it wasn't her. I was convinced it wasn't gaga...mess to me 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
On November 16, 2015 at 9:43:55 PM, BurqaSwg said:

omg I thought it wasn't her. I was convinced it wasn't gaga...mess to me 

Hahaha, if you look at her face you can tell it's her 

Bradley

I liked the wig and the improvised outfits. But I'm glad she used the yellow wigs for the rest of the tour cause it kinda builds an image and slowly became the icon for The Fame Monster afterwards.

Bradley

I liked the wig and the improvised outfits. But I'm glad she used the yellow wigs for the rest of the tour cause it kinda builds an image and slowly became the icon for The Fame Monster afterwards.

Didn't she actually switch wigs mid show? After So Happy I Could Die she had the yellow wig I think.

Archived