💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The first (messy) arena Monster Ball

Harry

Featured Posts

The Monster Ball is often looked back on with fond memories due to the epic scale of the tour, and the fact that it took place during Gaga's most successful time. But the debut of the revamped arena version wasn't the show that we're so used to now due to several mishaps...

(notes from Gagapedia)

- Throughout the concert, there were minor problems in the sound system and several burst sounds were heard by the public.
- Because of the soundcheck problems, this caused most of the back-track to be louder than Gaga's vocals. This later raised controversy that she may have been lip syncing during the concert.
- There was a kitchen fire backstage, causing the show to be late, and almost cancelled.
- No sound was heard when Gaga played EMMA while performing "The Fame".
- During the Puke Film, the audio was late because the video was too fast, causing the video to be replayed.
- Gaga lost the first line during "Money Honey", because of the introduction, which was shorter than in the other shows.
- Gaga didn't sing a part of "Telephone" because that was meant to be a dance break.
- During the Twister Film, Gaga's mic was turned off and the audio of the screen was not aligned, so the only instrument heard was the harp.
- The Apocalyptic Film were the only interlude that didn't have trouble with the music and/or wasn't repeated.

In addition to these things, many of Gaga's props/wigs/outfits went missing for this date, so they had to improvise at the last minute.....

lady_gaga_2_5_wenn2745523.jpgarticle-1266597619363-085F880A000005DC-3maxresdefault.jpg10_lady_gaga.jpg

Several other aspects of the show were also different on this first date. None of these outfits were featured on any other dates on the tour, and by the next show in Dublin two days later it became a much closer version of the show that we all remember.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw 3 different versions of the tour, so I remember several versions. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "the show that we all remember"..

It's misguided to insinuate there is one definitive version that "we all remember".

You can't ignore your lessons even after you become a star

Katsuki Bakugo

the last picture the crowd look bored :awkney:

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

LaLuna

Yeah, I've heard that the first leg of the show was pretty messy. But I saw the revamped version in Montreal in 2010 and it was amazing, maybe I'm biased but I don't remember anything going wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Felicia said:

I saw 3 different versions of the tour, so I remember several versions. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "the show that we all remember"..

It's misguided to insinuate there is one definitive version that "we all remember".

Oh yawn, you seem to have a stick up your ass all the time, why nitpick? It's pretty obvious what I meant. I also said "closer to", as in, the beginning of the arena version's evolution. Now jog on.

4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

"The show must go on!"

I sort of respect her for this tbh

Totally! That's why I made this thread. It started off... questionably (although I'm sure the performance was still great), but in just two days it was way more polished, and she didn't give up or postpone because of any of the mentioned setbacks. Legend tbh

PartySick
Just now, Harry said:

Totally! That's why I made this thread. It started off... questionably (although I'm sure the performance was still great), but in just two days it was way more polished, and she didn't give up or postpone because of any of the mentioned setbacks. Legend tbh

That's Gaga for ya. Always the entertainer :legend:

🖤

I remember this.  Not a fan of that cheap looking wig at all but I guess when everything was lost that is what she had to go with at the time.   On a side note:  I really loved the first theatre version of the tour as well.   That was one of my fave things she has done.

Doily Skull

OMG, I remember this mess, God bless her, it wasn't her fault in the least, she handled it amazingly. :) 

~staying stupid through my holy days~

Supersonic

I think it's funny how a majority on here always remembers that era of Gaga with such a romanticized nostalgia when there actually were mishaps/messes. I think nobody even remembers the backlash Gaga got for Bad Romance and how the YouTube page used to be CLUTTERED by haters who said it was Poker Face 2.0 and that she ran out of ideas and how everyone in the blogosphere was already hooting and hollering about her "decline" or how her 15 minutes of fame had already passed.

Archived