💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The first (messy) arena Monster Ball

Harry

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

Oh my God I was there that day and I was right at the front of the catwalk. I noticed the problems on the night and it really didn't matter to me at all.

One of the best moments was that the curtain didn't stay up during Dance in the Dark and the rest of the shows she is behind a curtain and we just see her silhouette. I am always so glad the show started that way. And the twister thing not working meant I got to see Gaga changing inside the circular thing. Which is something the crowd doesn't often get a glimpse of. (Not counting the onstage change at the Artrave). 

I loved the wig! Yes it was cheap and nasty but I appreciated the Fame hairstyle with the bangs. 

The atmosphere didn't suffer and the only track I noticed that seemed like Gaga lip synched was Telephone. You could not hear her vocals at all. 

The show was amazing and should not be remembered for the flaws because **** happens and it was a first time. And ironically, the mistakes resulted in a better show. Even though Gaga came out late, at least she did come out and went on with the show. She gave her all and slayed us all that night. It was one of the best nights of my life and I look back on it fondly. It's better than my ARTPOP zone that I had, that's how special it is to me.

If I could go back and relive this all over again I would. Just not the day long queue outside in the freezing cold because I almost literally froze my tits off. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Oh my God I was there that day and I was right at the front of the catwalk. I noticed the problems on the night and it really didn't matter to me at all. I loved the wig! Yes it was cheap and nasty but I appreciated the Fame hairstyle with the bangs. 

The atmosphere didn't suffer and the only track I noticed that seemed like Gaga lip synched was Telephone. You could not hear her vocals at all during that track. 

Ironically, the mistakes made the show so much better. The curtain wasn't covering her during Dance in the Dark and the rest of the shows we just see her silhouette. But we saw her uncovered and it was so much more better. The twister screen didn't work properly and the lighting was patchy but I liked it because I could see her changing and that's something you don't normally get to see. Not counting the on stage change for the Artrave. 

The show was amazing and should not be remembered for the flaws because **** happens and it was a first time. Even though Gaga came out late, at least she did and went on with the show. She gave her all and slayed us all that night. It was one of the best nights of my life and I look back on it fondly. It's better than my ARTPOP zone that I had, that's how special it is to me.

If I could go back and relive this all over again I would. Just not the day long queue outside in the freezing cold because I almost literally froze my tits off. 

However, there were moments where I could tell she wasn't in the happiest of moods. She hid it well but I think the hiccups might have bothered her. Gaga really put her all in to performing and didn't cut any songs from the set even though she over ran and got fined for it. So I really appreciate that she put on such a good, memorable show. And the ticket was only about £35 so I can't grumble at that! 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
On November 16, 2015 at 9:43:55 PM, BurqaSwg said:

omg I thought it wasn't her. I was convinced it wasn't gaga...mess to me 

Hahaha, if you look at her face you can tell it

4 hours ago, Dayman said:

Didn't she actually switch wigs mid show? After So Happy I Could Die she had the yellow wig I think.

Yeah she did 

FATCAT
On 11/16/2015, 5:39:09, DeathofSamantha said:

the last picture the crowd look bored :awkney:

At the artRave most of the seat people were people just coming because it was someone they recognized. The lower deck seats and the pit were the real 'fans' of her music, not just casual radio listeners. My guess is that this was especially true during her first jump to fame, no casual listener knew more than two or three songs.

Purr more, hiss less.

Katsuki Bakugo
Just now, FATCAT said:

At the artRave most of the seat people were people just coming because it was someone they recognized. The lower deck seats and the pit were the real 'fans' of her music, not just casual radio listeners. My guess is that this was especially true during her first jump to fame, no casual listener knew more than two or three songs.

not true about the seats because I was in seated and I am not a casual listener and nor where a lot of the people around me. Must be specific to my own show I guess but I figure there are a lot of fans who don't like to stand as well. 

But for me it doesn't matter what show I am going to, like at least pay attention... respect the artist ... or some **** like that.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

FATCAT
1 minute ago, DeathofSamantha said:

not true about the seats because I was in seated and I am not a casual listener and nor where a lot of the people around me. Must be specific to my own show I guess but I figure there are a lot of fans who don't like to stand as well. 

But for me it doesn't matter what show I am going to, like at least pay attention... respect the artist ... or some **** like that.

I was in a seat as well, I'm not saying that everyone in a seat was a casual listener, in fact everyone in our area stood up the entire show, especially when we jumped for Swine :rip: But you could tell they were more thrilled for Poker Face than Partynausous :derpga:

Purr more, hiss less.

Katsuki Bakugo
6 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Where as I was more thrilled to leave before Gypsus to get a cab... True fan right there.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

InsideOutright

I remember seeing the video of Telephone from the first night. It was pretty painful to watch. Gaga did the intro spiel for the song, the crowd roared, and Gaga and the dancers stood there for about a whole minute waiting for the music to start, and then the studio version plays as if the sound people just gave up and put on a TFM CD. I felt so bad for Gaga because you could tell that she was trying so hard to sing as loud as possible but she was still getting drowned out by the track.

Another small difference between this venue and the rest of the tour: the spotlight at the beginning of DITD was blue instead of the usual purple.

Archived