Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

MTV rebrands itself (CEO in Panic Mode)

SpaceJam

Featured Posts

Kabexuela
1 hour ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

tbh i feel like most people just say mtv needs to bring back videos daily for nostalgia sakes. but i dont think its a good business move. we have instant access to music videos. its not like back in the day when mtv was the only source for videos. no one is going to watch videos on mtv. videos that they have no control of what genre and artist. 

tho im all for them bringing back TRL. 

Yes, times have changed indeed. Although, I think bringing back music videos on regular cable TV would be genius.  They don't have to stick to just one genre because music channels never did that to begin with except for country or BET.  Even though MTV wasn't the only source for music videos, MTV aired the popular music videos that VH1, Hit Video USA, orThe Box wouldn't.  What is wrong with airing music videos from the past though?  If anything I would be grateful to watch them on my tv instead of my Mac or phone.  The excitement when you're flipping channels then you see a music video you fancy.  Nothing like it.  Maybe it will wake the music industry up a little in terms of digging a little deeper in their art gene.  This isn't a bad idea in all honesty.  Yes I am bitter but if they pull this off, I will forgive!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think mtv would never survive if they showed music videos again, not in the times of the Internet. That branch is dead for TV. Also Mtv has always adapted its visual themes to modern pop culture trends so I wouldn't really call this a re-brand? But idk just my two cents

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, Fusel said:

I honestly think mtv would never survive if they showed music videos again,

well, that's the only reason i would watch that channel, i dont give a **** about the **** they have rn

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

More bad news for VIACOM lol

DISH NETWORK

Viacom has been a long term partner” and Dish is “a pretty loyal company,” Ergen said in a conference call to discuss his company’s earnings. “It would take a lot for us to not do a deal, but those things happen.”

And he noted that “the world has changed somewhat” since the companies negotiated their last carriage contract. “We know what our consumer base watches. We know there are alternatives to their product that weren’t there five years ago” — including streaming services

http://deadline.com/2015/11/dish-network-charlie-ergen-loyal-viacom-possible-contract-impasse-1201615245/

DIsh network admitting MTV is now a flop

Archived