Same old ****, new unappealing image.

i know, that video make them look even more tragic :air:

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SISTERV
3 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

MTV is just a belated parody of its former self, really sad. Though they're responsible for the sudden flop.

It's sad because the next generation won't really have that old thing that was the glory days of MTV. I mean, they'll have vevo and access to music. But MTV gave the entire world access to popular music and trends, but also brought fan communities and artists together in reality. VEVO will never be able to truly do that on a DAILY basis the way TRL and the live voting countdowns did. I remember a new Britney video being like an event and in my last class everyone would be talking about a video they were excited to watch premiere in an hour. It brought people together.

RebeldeFaith
59 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

i know, that video make them look even more tragic :air:

Yes. They are trying too hard to look young and fresh but it's just a combination of YouTube, 9gag and Vine in a reality shows channel.

Something something idk

DiscoHeaven23

hmm its reminiscent of their "look" when they first started. Clearly not the same programming though. I wouldn't say i lived through the golden era of MTV, but when I first started watching it (maybe when i was like 11 or 12) there were music videos, MTV Cribs, NEXT, Room Raiders, Nick and Jessica Newlyweds, Making the Video and so many other programs that you could waste away a Saturday watching. The last time I was a really avid viewer of MTV was probably around the time Jersey Shore was in its 3rd or 4th season (I still watch The Real World and The Challenge though). I think MTV had a shift in like 2007-2008 with shows like A Shot at Love with Telia Tequila and Paris Hilton's My New Bff. It was different but kinda gave more life to the brand. And it seems like MTV might have taken that initial success and run WAY too far with it with different kind of programming. I'm getting too old for MTV now anyway, so whatever happens, I'll always have my MTV memories lol.

11 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Hasn't the network had this aesthetic for a while now? I don't get why it's only being reported now

anyways, they're plummeting. They really need to listen to their viewers/ex-viewers and bring music videos to the forefront again. A huge TRL revival (and I mean HUGE marketing) would be best to start this and streamline the change slowly, but surely and effectively. Why not leave the reality stuff (Awkward, Faking It, Catfish, etc) for another MTV Reality network or something? Then again that my be costly.

I agree with this 100%, GagaDaily and the GEN GP is not here for any of this Teen mom bs, no one cares about it. No one cares about Rob & big. No one cares about 10 dollar game show or whatever that stupid stuff is. MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. TRL as you said with huge marketing COULD CHANGE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY and boost sales it made album sales go to levels we never saw before back in the 2000s (even after napster) TRL would help mtv and help the music industry to give artists a platform/

Look how hype the people were when an artist would stop by? Could you imagine twitter topics blowing up if this were to happen today? TRL was a hype machine, this clip with Gwen for LAMB promo proved it.

14 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

hmm its reminiscent of their "look" when they first started. Clearly not the same programming though. I wouldn't say i lived through the golden era of MTV, but when I first started watching it (maybe when i was like 11 or 12) there were music videos, MTV Cribs, NEXT, Room Raiders, Nick and Jessica Newlyweds, Making the Video and so many other programs that you could waste away a Saturday watching. The last time I was a really avid viewer of MTV was probably around the time Jersey Shore was in its 3rd or 4th season (I still watch The Real World and The Challenge though). I think MTV had a shift in like 2007-2008 with shows like A Shot at Love with Telia Tequila and Paris Hilton's My New Bff. It was different but kinda gave more life to the brand. And it seems like MTV might have taken that initial success and run WAY too far with it with different kind of programming. I'm getting too old for MTV now anyway, so whatever happens, I'll always have my MTV memories lol.

I agree they went WAYYYYYYYYY 2 far with the genre

Lion Heart

Did anyone watch that mess of an ad? 

No wonder no one is watching, with **** like that

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

RAMROD

Bye MTV, it's good knowing you for 18 years (1990-2008)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

18 hours ago, SISTERV said:

Or they could actually be smart and bring back TRL, Top Ten Video Hours, and Hip Hop/ Electronic hours, and save s--tty boring reality shows for about 10% of the airing time.

I would definitely be excited to watch Carson Daily interview all these shady b---hes of pop everyday at 4pm and go to Times Square to stan for my queen Gaga whenever she debuts a new video.

MTV didn't need gimmicks in the 80s and 90s because it was just music or shows about music.

YES! If MTV really wants to fix their issues they should do what viewers have been saying for years. 

The answer has been right in front of them and this is their solution? Listen to what the people are saying. 

ShockPop

There are no tv shows on via com networks that people want to see. It's not about mtv alone or music videos. They cram up their day with awful awful tv that they think the YouTube generation want to see... uhm, the YouTube generation only watch YouTube or streams. It's like selling ice to Eskimos. They already have what they want. 

Via com would still be pushing vhs given the chance.

There are a number of high that'll save them.

A talk show. Get some stars on there, stir up some madness.

A good drama series. Recently a few successful tv shows were dropped and Netflix didn't pick them up. There was no reason to drop them and they could have found a new and successful home on via com. 

Specials! Why can't mtv contract to record and broadcast the big shows? Should have been going since 2008. Could have done Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, Justin,  Justin,  miley, Eminem,  Jay z, u2, Muse. .. soooo many with so much money to be made from advertisers.

It's so easy to fix, but there's some executive with no idea what he's doing that wants to hang on to all the clutter.

Psychedelic
On 6/11/2015 14:00:07, Kabexuela said:

That's what they deserve for ruining the art of music videos by replacing reality shows.  I'm still bitter.

This!

Honestly, they dug their own grave!

FrankGutz
On 6/11/2015 14:00:07, Kabexuela said:

That's what they deserve for ruining the art of music videos by replacing reality shows.  I'm still bitter.

yas, drag ha!! mte tbh, i hate them

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

SlayedForTheGod

tbh i feel like most people just say mtv needs to bring back videos daily for nostalgia sakes. but i dont think its a good business move. we have instant access to music videos. its not like back in the day when mtv was the only source for videos. no one is going to watch videos on mtv. videos that they have no control of what genre and artist. 

tho im all for them bringing back TRL. 

Archived