💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

(released 2 years ago today) I don't get the hate for Dope.

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

DrKindnessKunt1999

I loved "Dope". It helped me at a time when no one else wanted to or knew how to. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mobster

BLASPHEMY :neyde: It's actually interesting though to say that Dope, one of the most hated song in this fanbase, was the second highest peaking single from ARTPOP.

Ikr, it's pretty awesome... I ran to the Billboard Hot 100 that day to witness the slayage

tumblr_m8t6ll7ZiO1rx8ssno1_250.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Diamond Heart

Its a good standalone song, but it doesnt fit with ARTPOP at all. In fact id say it disrupts the flow of the album. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Its a good standalone song, but it doesnt fit with ARTPOP at all. In fact id say it disrupts the flow of the album. 

yeah

but flow was destroyed after s-xxx dreams as well :rip: 

It's the vocals. they ruin the song. i can't listen to the song without cringing.

Gypsy has grown on me :legend: 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Alien Tulip

PPl are running out of ideas to get hit threads. they think when they insert "I dont get the hate" into something it will instantly generate a response

Sad but true

The only thing I like about the song is that it gave Gaga another top 10. Her deep vocals are so awkward and the song is incredibly out of place on an album full of dance tracks.

djBuffoon

Agreed. But I pose that that was the intention. The album begins on a buzzy high, sustains that momentum, gets darker and more edgy, then crashes and burns with "Dope", only to bounce back with the last two tracks. It works beautifully, from a dramatic standpoint.

Diamond Heart

Agreed. But I pose that that was the intention. The album begins on a buzzy high, sustains that momentum, gets darker and more edgy, then crashes and burns with "Dope", only to bounce back with the last two tracks. It works beautifully, from a dramatic standpoint.

Yeah i get thats probs what she was going for, but it just didnt work me if im gonna be honest, it was just too drastic imo. Also im a bit pressed (:green:) that she put Dope over BN, i just love BN and feel like it wouldve kept the flow of the album 

I don't get why people always have to highlight the "hate" that Dope gets.

Its been TWO YEARS, Jesus ****ing Christ lol

djBuffoon

Yeah i get thats probs what she was going for, but it just didnt work me if im gonna be honest, it was just too drastic imo. Also im a bit pressed (:green:) that she put Dope over BN, i just love BN and feel like it wouldve kept the flow of the album 

Fair enough :yes: Even though it would need a complete re-vamp from what we've heard, I do like the ideas behind "Brooklyn Nights", and it could very well be a better song than "Dope". I just don't think it would fit in the story that AP was telling, especially coming right before "Gypsy".

Diamond Heart

Fair enough :yes: Even though it would need a complete re-vamp from what we've heard, I do like the ideas behind "Brooklyn Nights", and it could very well be a better song than "Dope". I just don't think it would fit in the story that AP was telling, especially coming right before "Gypsy".

Yeah i totally get that aspect ^^ :) 

GloZell Green

Ikr, it's pretty awesome... I ran to the Billboard Hot 100 that day to witness the slayage

tumblr_m8t6ll7ZiO1rx8ssno1_250.gif

No promo, no MV = top 10 hit, when will your fave :queenga: Suchh a queen 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Archived