💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Just Dance and Vogue have the same meaning

Chic

Featured Posts

Just Dance and Vogue have the exact same meaning - if you're heartbroken, the dancefloor is your remedy. I know this may be a common song topic, but these two iconic megahits both interpret the same concept in different ways and I think it's quite interesting! They both define the eras in which they were released and carry the same universal message. Have you noticed this?

Never really thought about that. Maybe that's why I love them both!

Although to me Just Dance is more about getting rid of your stress from everyday things on the dance floor whereas Vogue is more about embracing who you are. Both are very much about escapism though.

PartySick

I've been listening to it for years and never gotten a "heartbreak recovery" vibe from Just Dance tbh.

More like a "just dance and have fun" vibe :sweat:

Although to me Just Dance is more about getting rid of your stress from everyday things on the dance floor whereas Vogue is more about embracing who you are. Both are very much about escapism though.

Basically this^ :yes:

🖤

I get a release and liberation from your stressful week vibe, more than a "come dance if you're heartbroken" vibe. Both songs were meant to forget your problems for a second, but Just Dance is less serious and more fun, crazy and danceable.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

That's true. The songs are non-specific enough to have many different interpretations within themselves which is what makes them both more marketable to wider audiences. It's interesting to see your thoughts on it!

I've been listening to it for years and never gotten a "heartbreak recovery" vibe from Just Dance tbh.

More like a "just dance and have fun" vibe :sweat:

Basically this^ :yes:

I always got the "I'm doing this to get over someone, as long as I dance and have fun with other people I'm going to be okay with it and forget about him" vibe from it, but that's not evident in the lyrics. I think the song takes a deeper meaning if you think of it like dancing is a coping mechanism and method of distraction from heartbreaks!

Vogue came out around the time of the AIDS epidemic. If you were out in the gay community then you were affected by AIDS on some level, you had it or your friends where dying from it.

"Look around, everywhere you turn is heartache
It's everywhere that you go (look around)
You try everything you can to escape
The pain of life that you know (life that you know)"

She took a LGBT dance and culture and made an uplifting song about turning to the dance floor and voguing to escape the heartache. The song is rooted in gay culture and HIV/AIDS in the mid 80's.

Just Dance hasn't really got that secondary layer to it, but I like to interpret it as partly about her trying to keep fighting to break into the scene after being dropped by her label. Convincing herself, as she kept playing clubs, that as long as she kept performing she would eventually make it.

I think these lyrics can support such a reading:

"What's going on on the floor?
I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember, but it's alright, alright"

(She is performing, multiple clubs - can't see where this is heading anymore)

"Just dance, gonna be okay
Da-da-doo-da
Just dance, spin that record, babe
Da-doo-doo-doo
Just dance, gonna be okay
Duh-duh-duh
Dance, dance, dance, just j-j-just dance"

(Everything will work out as long as she keeps dancing and spinning her records)

"Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic, got my blueprint, it's symphonic
Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic, got my blueprint, electronic
Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle
(I got it, just stay close enough to get it on)
Don't slow! Drive it, clean it, Lysol, bleed it
Spend the last dough (I got it)
In your pock-o (I got it)"

(She has her plan, knows what sort of music she is making, she is hustling and working, she can't slow down and give up, she is spending all of her money on her show)

That's just my reading though, It's very likely that I am adding my own interpretations onto it.

Bad Bromance

I get a release and liberation from your stressful week vibe, more than a "come dance if you're heartbroken" vibe. Both songs were meant to forget your problems for a second, but Just Dance is less serious and more fun, crazy and danceable.

This right here.  Just Dance is more about getting drunk and having fun on the dance floor and Vogue is about dancing your ass off on the dance floor to forget about your problems in life.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived