💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think LG5's best single should be the lead or the second?

Warholian

Featured Posts

TheKillerQueen

At this point, she needs the GP to fall in love with her music again, so definately needs a STRONG 1st single.

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

Didn't she say she was going to do that with ARTPOP's second single? :saladga:

oh really? :saladga: 

ARTPOP's never ending influence on other pop girls :saladga: 

She spent ages working on this album already. There shouldn't be an obvious "better song" and then a much lesser song for the second option. The album should have at least 6-8 flawless amazing songs, like how BTW had HML, GH, BM, and Scheiße

Versace

I made a point , that Gaga loses alot of steam after the second single 

TF- JD and PF go number one the remaining two top 10

TFM- BR and Telephone go top 3 , Alejandro goes into top 10

BTW- BTW, TEOG go Top 3 , the rest top 10 and top 40 i know that Judas is the second single but the gap between Judas and TEOG was so short that TEOG overshadowed it as the proper 2nd single in the eyes of the public especially that it was way more GP and radio friendly 

ARTPOP-Applause top 5, DWUW top 15, G.U.Y outside top 40

As you can see Gaga can hold steam for no more than two songs off each era usually after the 2nd single

so this time i suggest releasing very very strong songs as single 3 and single 4 this is what Katy did with Teenage Dream. The lead single is automatically a hit so why release the best song , the 2nd single should be good enough to become a top 10 hit and then release two songs after that smash the radio and spread Gaga's steam i guess , she has to release the BR of the album as a third single , Katy always releases her big songs as third singles. 

Dramatica

Strongest material first. The GP has to get hirsty again for her music. The other singles should be just as strong and powerful as the first one.

Sort of like Bad Romance first, then slay with Poker Face, then give them Just Dance.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

TimisaMonster

Strongest first...especially with a COMEBACK...she needs to SLAUGHTER the competition!!! Similar to how she was going to release Aura...Roar wouldn't have stood a chance against it quality wise...But instead surprised fans and the GP with a very safe song...

Gaga needs to slay...not play safe

She needs to put the BEST song out first and then another great song out second...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

yASSsss

first single- a love song with disco vibes 

seconds single-Paparazzi-Telephone continuation and we're set for 3m first week sales for LG5 :sis: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

McMonster08

I think the whole album in general should be the best that whatever track she chose as a single no matter what order it would slay all the way :kissga::later:

shaneybaby

i just want them all to be strong. but I'm pretty sure impact wise shake it off was bigger than blank space and is more played still, so idk if its accurate to say it was a bigger single even though i prefer blank space

SlaeUrAnus

You cannot predict the success of singles to be honest.

I thought Applause should not have been a first single, but DWUW instead (because it was the best single to me). 

Just Dance was a must. It was generic and mainstream, but got Gaga a great debut. Then they knew that Poker Face was going to be a phenomenon (and it was). For The Fame Monster, everyone would have anticipated Bad Romance because it was Gaga at her peak, but the management should have considered Alejandro or Dance in the Dark as the second single. However, we might not have got the Telephone video.

Born This Way was the simple 'go with the self-titled song' to fit the albums concept when in fact, I would have went with Marry the Night as the first single and Born This Way after.

The most generic single on the album must come first if she wants to catch the GP's interest again though. It is just the way it is unfortunately (apart from Bad Romance and Poker Face, they aren't generic at all and majorly attracted the GP).

In my messy era.

ShockPop

From previews, they know how well songs are going to be received.

ARTPOP had Gypsy as the universally acclaimed track. They were originally going to use it 2nd.

BTW had TEOG as the acclaimed track, they got forced to release it.

TFM had DITD  as the acclaimed track, they were debating that vs telephone for 2nd release.

The thing is, a decent lead is going to get attention no matter what. It lays the foundations for your great Wall.  Song 2 should almost always be the best you have to offer for 2 reasons - sustaining sales and exposure for more time, and for a "hit" to attract people to shows and tours.

It should almost always be:

2nd best

Best

Ballad

Duet or seasonal (valentines, summer, Xmas,  halloween)

The industry stopped doing this around the time people stopped being able to sustain success.

ShockPop

I made a point , that Gaga loses alot of steam after the second single 

TF- JD and PF go number one the remaining two top 10

TFM- BR and Telephone go top 3 , Alejandro goes into top 10

BTW- BTW, TEOG go Top 3 , the rest top 10 and top 40 i know that Judas is the second single but the gap between Judas and TEOG was so short that TEOG overshadowed it as the proper 2nd single in the eyes of the public especially that it was way more GP and radio friendly 

ARTPOP-Applause top 5, DWUW top 15, G.U.Y outside top 40

As you can see Gaga can hold steam for no more than two songs off each era usually after the 2nd single

so this time i suggest releasing very very strong songs as single 3 and single 4 this is what Katy did with Teenage Dream. The lead single is automatically a hit so why release the best song , the 2nd single should be good enough to become a top 10 hit and then release two songs after that smash the radio and spread Gaga's steam i guess , she has to release the BR of the album as a third single , Katy always releases her big songs as third singles. 

Dope was top 10 ;)

Archived