💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

'Bad Romance' sold more copies than any of Madonna's #1 singles. Why?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

Despite not reaching #1, 'Bad Romance' sold more copies than any of Madonna's 12 #1 singles released.

Why?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mobster

It stayed at #2 for a long time, you should consider that too... the video went viral and Madonna has had hit after hit... many people just know Gaga for Poker Face and Bad Romance ... sadly

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Tropico

Not here for this ATRL thread. ATRL has the annoying habit of pretending to interested in the question they are posing by tagging "Why?" when gloating. If you say BR performed better, then fine. But don't tag why onto it. :smh: It just sold better and we know it. Just gloat if you want to...

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Adelephant

It's way easier now to buy music than it was in the 80s/90s ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But music sales were much higher in the 80s/90s because there was no illegal downloading? :trollga: 

MonsterOfSpain

Because it was released at the peak of digital sales and albums sold way more than singles when Madonna was at her peak.

Haroon

I don't think the "despite not reaching #1" argument really works, it was still a single that was selling very highly, it just so happens that there was another single that was selling even higher at the time :shrug: 

The charts positions are relative at the end of the day :awesome: 

PartySick

It's way easier now to buy music than it was in the 80s/90s ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's also easier to pirate it now than in the 80's and 90's :sweat:

I think it just sold more because it was a refreshing pop song at the end of a (mostly) long and boring decade for pop music. :yes:

🖤

Not here for this ATRL thread. ATRL has the annoying habit of pretending to interested in the question they are posing by tagging "Why?" when gloating. If you say BR performed better, then fine. But don't tag why onto it. :smh: It just sold better and we know it. Just gloat if you want to...

I think it's a good thread, I never looked at the contrast of the single sales in this way.

Brooke Candy

Because that song is better than Madonna's whole discography 

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Supersonic

The tea is boiling hot. :reductive2:

Archived