💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ryan Murphy talks about Glee regrets, feels "devastated" by what happened

Spock

Featured Posts

If Nip/Tuck once orbited the zeitgeist, Murphy's next series, the Fox musical dramedy Glee, would become a full-blown cultural phenomenon. The series about a high school glee club of underdog outcasts launched in 2009, and by season two, it was the second-highest-rated scripted series on television, behind only Modern Family. At its peak, the series was drawing 13.5 million viewers. There were chart-topping albums, too, along with sold-out tours and a guest-star roster that read like a Hollywood phone book. But the billion-dollar franchise eventually would fall back down to earth, with troubles on camera and off. "I look at the Empire cast and everything that's going on with them, and I'm just like, 'Don't do it. Keep it together.' And I think they have in the way that we never did," says Murphy, who adds, "To this day, I'm devastated by everything that happened with that show."

Over the course of six seasons of Glee, which petered out earlier this year, there was plenty written about backstage drama, fractured relationships and the death of star Cory Monteith from a d--g overdose. All Murphy will offer are his own misgivings about his role on the show. "I was there with them all day long, and then we'd finish work and we'd go out and have fun all night, and I guess in a weird, twisted way, I was trying to relive the childhood I never had," he says. "I thought they wanted a parent, and they didn't. They didn't want me to tell them what to f—ing do. They didn't want me to tell them how to treat each other or what the world was like at the end of the day. I wish I could go back and do that differently with a lot of those actors. Some of them I'm still very close to: Lea Michele, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss — but there were some that didn't work out well, and I regret that. I guess I just wish I had been able to let them figure it out for themselves."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ryan-murphys-professional-highs-personal-831587

He is talking more about how he handled the cast than creatively, but still, I'm sad he feels that way. I had no clue he was on bad terms with some of the cast. It's no secret Glee went off the rails in the last couple of seasons, with the final season being a "no ****s to give season" (yet oddly satisfying), but this show will always have a special place in my heart, as I'm sure it does for millions :giveup:

With all the rumors about them having s-x with each other, not getting along, the Naya/Lea diva feuds, Diana leaving the show, the interventions about Cory's addiction and subsequent death, plus all the other stuff we don't even know about, the Lifetime movie sure is going to be juicy :flop:

who will love me when the night is over

I didn't watch Glee but I did see the decay and disinterest as the show continued over the years. I think it is a struggle to keep a show solid after 3-4 seasons anyway and I'm sure the cast didn't help. Not really sure what Ryan means though, was he trying to be a parent figure to the cast? Weren't they all in their 20's when the show started? 

Don't visit my profile

I've heard about how the show supposedly got bad towards the last two seasons. I wanna watch the show and see for myself. :green:

I hope there isn't drama with Gaga and the rest of the cast :air: some of y'all were already saying that sarah seemed uninterested of gaga. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Redstreak

This is all really sad honestly. This was the show that got me through puberty and my awkward high school years. It will always be special to me

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I didn't watch Glee but I did see the decay and disinterest as the show continued over the years. I think it is a struggle to keep a show solid after 3-4 seasons anyway and I'm sure the cast didn't help. Not really sure what Ryan means though, was he trying to be a parent figure to the cast? Weren't they all in their 20's when the show started? 

The youngest one was Chirs Colfer, who was 18 at the time the Pilot was filmed

who will love me when the night is over

Thomas P

that show and gaga are the two reasons why I feel comfortable in my skin. It makes me sad that my second fav show (behind ahs) had all this behind the scenes drama.

It gave me courage, and I watch it every ****ing day of my life on Netflix!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PaperIz

I love glee so much but Ryan really destroyed it in every way possible. I miss it like crazy though even though it was a mess.

Archived