đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Melanie Martinez shades Halsey, Halsey responds back

Tove Lo

Featured Posts

Helxig

Uhh I don't understand this thread. Was she even shading Halsey? There's literally no evidence saying that she was shading her at all, the two of them just tweeted close to one another.

And even if Halsey was responding to Melanie, who's to say that she was right in thinking the tweet was about her? She could've just assumed it was aimed at her, and responded all upset for no reason. Melanie could've been talking about anyone. Unless there's more to it than just two tweets?

Honestly, if there's no hard evidence behind this, then just stop the fan wars. A lot of people in this thread are finding out about her or the first time and getting a bad impression immediately, and it could be hurting her reputation for no reason if she was just misunderstood.

Also, I agree with her tweet. We see it a lot these days, people with little talent getting signed and given big budgets to create. But the art is **** if the person creating it is just funded well and not a true artist. Even Gaga speaks about this all the time.

And how else has she been problematic? I mean, if she has I'd like to know so I can make a judgement for myself. But I've follow her fairly closely and nothing she's done or said has ever caused a red light in my mind before :blink:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT
On 1/9/2016 at 0:54 PM, Emigrante said:

I'm sorry but how is that "feat. Lady Gaga" ? :toofunny:

Gaga sings a verse. This version doesn't actually have her verse.

Purr more, hiss less.

Rudz Xinc
On 10/20/2015 at 3:30 PM, Avril said:

"Disappointed/shocked with how many people’s imaginations went flying through the roof when I tweeted a simple statement the other day. I wasn’t talking about anyone specific. I just have been realizing a lot of things and felt the need to state that simple fact. 
Money can’t create an artist. And knowing that, motivates me to stay focused on creating art and stop getting so consumed with the numbers, and the “but this person is doing this, and has this and is playing this.” It’s so easy to get lost in all the bulls--t and I always need to keep my head on straight and remind myself that the art will speak for itself in the end. And to just continue to focus on making music/ creating visuals that I’m proud of. I was just tweeting that as a reminder to myself.

So for anyone to assume a tweet that general is about halsey or any artist for that matter is very immature and false. Please stop bullying eachother over something that isn’t even a real thing. I don’t understand why we can’t all just see things for what they are and stop assuming that every little thing is “shade” towards someone else. No need to jump to conclusions. Let’s all love each other and ourselves and stop spreading rumors.

?"

From Melanie's tumblr.

THIS!!!!

This world is ****ed up

Look at those clowns

Chelseaaaaaa

Electra Heart called, Melanie. She wants her gimmick back. zzzzzzzzzz.

LebaneseDude

I'm sitting here going "wtf are melanie and halsey" a la Cher.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Helxig
1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

THIS!!!!

This world is ****ed up

I REMEMBER THAT NOW. God. Fan wars make me sick. they usually come out of nowhere. I wish people would go back to just enjoying music and art, without needing their fav to be shading other artists to keep them interested.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Neight Shayde
41 minutes ago, Chelsea Symona said:

Electra Heart called, Melanie. She wants her gimmick back. zzzzzzzzzz.

I.K.R.

FlopSlut
On 10/19/2015 at 1:41 PM, barnabesk said:

melanie-martinez-cry-baby.jpg

Gaga in the Edge of Glory mini era

OT: Who are they?

Flopenstein

• 5 months later...
Clare Stevens

I love Halsey and Melanie and think their both great artists, but I still side with Halsey if that's who Melanie was referring to. I agree with Melanie's point, money doesn't mean good quality, but if Mel was referring to Halsey than I side with Halsey 110 percent. I think Halsey makes great music and is way better than a lot of other mainstream artists. And I think fame is starting to turn Melanie's personally if she is going to diss other celebs. Hopefully Melanie stays the same awesome person she was before she made the Halsey reference. 

arthurhmangum

I love Melanie's music, not so much her attitude. I don't like anything about Halsey. :shrug:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

arthurhmangum
On 10/19/2015 at 10:35 AM, Creyk said:

Melanie is a pathetic loser. Halsey actually makes good music. IDK why she is being targeted by the likes of that...

Melanie's music is amazing. I don't know what you're talking about. :shrug:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

• 1 year later...
Melanie is bae

Halsey is a dicksucking *****, at least MElanie has talent. how come Halsey never covered a song live? because she uses auto-tune in her live concerts lmao so therefore. Melanie is 10000/10000 better than halsey

Melanie is bae
On 7/4/2016 at 1:58 AM, Clare Stevens said:

I love Halsey and Melanie and think their both great artists, but I still side with Halsey if that's who Melanie was referring to. I agree with Melanie's point, money doesn't mean good quality, but if Mel was referring to Halsey than I side with Halsey 110 percent. I think Halsey makes great music and is way better than a lot of other mainstream artists. And I think fame is starting to turn Melanie's personally if she is going to diss other celebs. Hopefully Melanie stays the same awesome person she was before she made the Halsey reference. 

Pathetic. Melanie is way sexy and smarter than hellsey

Archived