Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rihanna's 8th Album "ANTI" Revealed

Navy

Featured Posts

Some people here have said that this album cover reminds them of ARTPOP and I can kinda see it, but only in a very general way. Someone once pointed out the similarities between the vaporwave aesthetic and some of the album covers of 2013.

In any way, I'm always supportive of female artists that choose to rely on something other than their faces for their album covers. A pretty headshot or body shot is the absolute definition of basic, and female artists are more likely than male artists to use their picture as album art. When Nicki went with a literal pinkprint, I liked it because, for a female artist, that's unusual. Unfortunately, looks are so paramount for female artists that people react badly when they don't exploit their looks.

Personally, I'm happy Rihanna isn't settling for sitting down and looking pretty, and I hope more female artists start eschewing the traditional s-xy/pretty photo. There's a whole world of art and design to explore. You don't have to be "artistic" (???) to do something different.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

This...is this he'd REWORKED material? I can only imagine what messy sound it had before she got a clue and scrapped it :wtf:

Idk... it seems Rihanna is too focused on APPEARING artistic but the ALBUM is lacking STRONGLY in great music... :saladga:

too bad music critics disagree with you

TimisaMonster

too bad music critics disagree with you

That means what to me? They're just people paid to have an opinion...

Oh look...I have one too! :later:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Paper Gangsta

That means what to me? They're just people paid to have an opinion...

Oh look...I have one too! :later:

That was the point though. That you can't say sth like a its an fact. You can express your opinion about the music but not call it trash just cause it's not your cup of tea. Especially considering your opinion is negative towarda almost every artist out here

You love Rihanna but you think her commercial success is more important or worthy of attention than the fact that she's at a creative hot spot right now and music critics are taking notice of that?

If her album succeeds in quality (and looking at her singles and revealed snippets - it will) only losers who reveal themselves as ugly popularity parasites will be complaining and they will be the ones looking stupid, not Rihanna.

First of all i didnt say that im interested in her commercial succes more than the fact that she's at a creative spot right now. I only described the situation so far, looking that the singles didnt have the succes usually riri has.

ARTPOP was called a flop over and over again, but i enjoyed it a lot, no matter what media/'fans' had to say about it, and i guess will be the same with Anti.

I know where i belong towards Riri, and i staned for her as i will in the future too. dont have any idea where you got all the impression for the things you wrote, when i was only describing the situation as it is for the moment. dont hurry with conlusions:coffee:

TimisaMonster

That was the point though. That you can't say sth like a its an fact. You can express your opinion about the music but not call it trash just cause it's not your cup of tea. Especially considering your opinion is negative towarda almost every artist out here

1) Didn't call the music trash...just messy cuz it definitely sounds rushed...as it is

2) My opinion about her music lately isn't stemming from being overly negative...A LOT of people feel the same way...her music has gone down in quality...why else did she scrap the original and rush a writing camp to make another album? 

There's validity to my statement based on the facts and creative process of THIS R8

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived