Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Tyler Oakley

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

HausOfMark

These are typical highly offensive transphobic slurs

tumblr_inline_mg64gkyUMN1qhu6c8.jpgtumblr_mepuzmURP41rq34wso5_r1_1280.jpg

That looks like a super old profile picture and I doubt he talks like that now. He is one of the chairmen for the Trevor Project and all that. 

IDK

-Mark

These are typical highly offensive transphobic slurs

tumblr_inline_mg64gkyUMN1qhu6c8.jpgtumblr_mepuzmURP41rq34wso5_r1_1280.jpg

"Tranny" hasn't been viewed as a slur that much in the past, especially in the LGBT community themselves. Gay guys call each other fagg*t the entire time too, does that make it okay? No, but it brings perspective. Since the spotlight has been on the Transgender Community, I'm sure many people wouldn't use the word "tranny" again. Awareness just does that. Tyler Oakley has raised over a million dollars for the Trevor Project, and they also have a special transgender program.

I'd say donating a million dollars to the overall cause isn't exactly transphobic. Besides these old, old tweets, what have you got? Did you find this on Tumblr, where he gets dragged all the time? I hate how those Tumblr b*tches love to brand someone "racist" or "privileged" or "transphobic" who in fact raised a million dollars. Meanwhile, who of these queens working at their local shelter or giving back, huh? 

Tyler Oakley is not transphobic, he's a supporter. Pick another battle that's actually worth it.

HausOfMark

"Tranny" hasn't been viewed as a slur that much in the past, especially in the LGBT community themselves. Gay guys call each other fagg*t the entire time too, does that make it okay? No, but it brings perspective. Since the spotlight has been on the Transgender Community, I'm sure many people wouldn't use the word "tranny" again. Awareness just does that. Tyler Oakley has raised over a million dollars for the Trevor Project, and they also have a special transgender program.
I'd say donating a million dollars to the overall cause isn't exactly transphobic. Besides these old, old tweets, what have you got? Did you find this on Tumblr, where he gets dragged all the time? I hate how those Tumblr b*tches love to brand someone "racist" or "privileged" or "transphobic" who in fact raised a million dollars. Meanwhile, who of these queens working at their local shelter or giving back, huh? 

Tyler Oakley is not transphobic, he's a supporter. Pick another battle that's actually worth it.

^^ This ^^

-Mark

The Trevor Project is an LGBT organization, and he happens to be gay. Yes, he did great for it, but that doesn't make him not transphobic. What, is he going to deliberately support an organization that focuses on gays only? I didn't find these on Tumblr, they are a simple Google search away. Giving money doesn't endow sainthood on an individual or excuse actions like this. If he changed his ways, good, but it's obvious that the term he used was offensive even before Twitter was ever conceived, much less during his use of it.

It's not as if he's going to go throwing that word around every day after the backlash. Whether he learned his lesson or is good at his own PR, I don't know. All I'm saying is that money does not validate this sort of thing, no matter how minor or major the offense. Is he suddenly not transphobic if he supports an organization that happens to help trans people as a subprogram?

Wife beaters that donate to battered women's shelters aren't any less violent towards women, to make a more extreme example.

lol @ the sjws in this thread

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

The Trevor Project is an LGBT organization, and he happens to be gay. Yes, he did great for it, but that doesn't make him not transphobic. What, is he going to deliberately support an organization that focuses on gays only? I didn't find these on Tumblr, they are a simple Google search away. Giving money doesn't endow sainthood on an individual or excuse actions like this. If he changed his ways, good, but it's obvious that the term he used was offensive even before Twitter was ever conceived, much less during his use of it.

It's not as if he's going to go throwing that word around every day after the backlash. Whether he learned his lesson or is good at his own PR, I don't know. All I'm saying is that money does not validate this sort of thing, no matter how minor or major the offense. Is he suddenly not transphobic if he supports an organization that happens to help trans people as a subprogram?

Wife beaters that donate to battered women's shelters aren't any less violent towards women, to make a more extreme example.

Calling someone a fagg*t doesn't make them homophobic. It's a homophobic slur, but it is not per definition the view of that person. Madonna said in her IGTTYAS documentary "Girl, if two fags say no, you know you can't wear it!" in regards to adding accessories to her stage outfit and her assistants disapproving. Does that make Madonna, one of the biggest LGBTQ advocates ever in popculture a homophobe? My sister is transgender, but I AM guilty of saying "tranny" in the past in a way that was meant funny/****y but never meant to be descending. Am I transphobic because I said tranny? Even if my sister is trans and I'm 100% down with the movement? 

kevinthesheep

i like him in the videos with dan and phil

his videos are kind of boring though, q and slay gets a little tiresome after a while

Sia Daily

what omfg :madge:

this was like last year I think

Like 9 miles between us or something, I was like "er no" lol ,

He can win all da teen choice awards he likes, but dat dont make him a maaaaaan

now you're just another one of my prob...yeah you get the point

How old are these tweets? Plus it wasn't until recently where everybody gets offended by everything. Nowadays you have to be very wise with your words because there's always someone who will get offended. Personally I think Tyler is a good guy and has done alot for the LGBT community.

JanPianoMusic

I like watching his videos, he always puts me in a good mood until he starts talking about ""problematic"" stuff. I listened to his podcast every week but his nonsense about gender and his annoying sidekick forced me to end my subscription to keep me sane. 

You will never please everyone.

Archived