question

Can Xtina still make a comeback?

Serendipity

Can Xtina still make a comeback?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Can Xtina still make a comeback?

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

Sure, if she had something that would do well on the radio! The general public doesn't read as much into careers like we do.

This right here.  If Xtina releases a mature album a la P!nk's The Truth About Love she can certainly make a decent comeback.  As long as her songs are catchy enough as the ones P!nk had on TTAL, the GP will eat up the album.   :yes:

I mean, let's not forget that Xtina has one of the most beautiful voices in the music industry and her talent is simply amazing!  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino

She's talented. She should realize that dance pop music isn't doing her good. If she makes a good song (a ballad) that suits her voice, and with good promo, then why not?

Whispering

She needs to make another heavily influenced R&B album with some killer ballads and present herself the way she did in Say Something. People would go for that sound, look and general demeanor...I beleive. 

What until she is back onThe Voice again next year and then debut her ballad, R&B single then. Christina still has incredible vocal talent, she just needs to find a way to market it. 

Bad Bromance

I think when you have a voice like hers it only takes good management to bring you back.  Its clear people don't want dance pop songs from her. They want either soulful ballads like Say Something maybe as her first single instead of a splashy dance song and a more pop/rock sound like Moves Like Jagger. She still had a top ten with Feel This Moment, but the other two were much more successful. She had a Spanish duet with Alejandro Fernandez called Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti, where her voice sounds impeccable. I think his last duet was with Beyonce. I bet CA sings at next years Oscars or does a couple of tribute performances like she did for Whitney a while ago. That Run to you cover is amazing, not as good as Whitney's but no one will ever be as good as Whitney. 

OMG, she sounds incredible in this video!!!  If she releases soulful ballads like this song, she'll do just fine.    :yes:

JusKeepBreathin

OMG, she sounds incredible in this video!!!  If she releases soulful ballads like this song, she'll do just fine.    :yes:

TBH with all the appearances and duets she did in 2013, It looks like she was planning a comeback in 2014, but the she got pregnant and had her second baby before it could happen. So hopefully 2015-2016 will be her year for a nice comeback. I also think she should do more acting. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

StrawberryBlond

I don't think she can. And I say that as a former fan. There's flopping and then there's FLOPPING and she's too far gone. Lotus didn't even make a dent in the charts or the public consciousness, album or singles, and that was just under 3 years ago. And that was following a release that didn't do much better. Overall, she hasn't been successful in over 5 years. For a female, there's no coming back from that, not in this day and age. We're so focused on new acts nowadays that we don't give much thought to the long-time ones unless they're uber commercial and in our faces all the time. Even when she tried to act younger by releasing "fun" dance pop, nothing happened. Just remember that she failed with Bionic, an electro pop album (well, most of it) when electro pop was all the rage. If she can't succeed with a style that's hot at the moment, how on earth will she succeed with going in her own direction? Not that she shouldn't, just that she shouldn't expect success from it.

It's the big breaks between albums that have ultimately screwed her over. I can't believe she took another break after Lotus. After floppage like that, disappearing is the worst thing you can do. I don't know why RCA allow her to do this - Bionic proved that this move is career suicide. The public accepted a four year break from Stripped to B2B, but they were only prepared to deal with it once. Long breaks like that essentially means you'll have to make a comeback with every album and an artist's lucky if they can make two comebacks in their entire career, never mind four within the first 16 years alone. It's no wonder the new generation doesn't care about her - with breaks like that, they don't know she exists. It stifles an artist's creativity if they stick to rigid release schedules and Christina has obviously convinced herself that she needs those long breaks to make something good instead of just working as the muses move her. RCA need to give her better promo too. They don't give good promo to any of their artists, I've noticed that.

Emigrante

The music on the charts is really good right now...Taylor and Selena are saving pop music and The Weeknd is doing acceptable music as well

Taylor and Selena. :toofunny: Especially Selena. :toofunny:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Riot Poof

Absolutely.  She just needs to make good music that fits her. She also needs to TOUR.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Bad Bromance

TBH with all the appearances and duets she did in 2013, It looks like she was planning a comeback in 2014, but the she got pregnant and had her second baby before it could happen. So hopefully 2015-2016 will be her year for a nice comeback. I also think she should do more acting. 

I'm hoping she comes back strong, whenever that ends up happening.  I just want her to be on the radio like she used to be.   :yes:

GlitterAndGrease

I think it would be easier for Britney to make a comeback to commercial success than Xtina... I just think she handled her career in a very bad way the last 8 years. She hasn't toured or even do a full standalone concert for at least 5 years

LoveandMagic

Anyone can make a come back with the right material. We know Xtina has the vocal chops, but is there anything else in her to wow people? She doesn't have reinvent the wheel, but she needs to give us something we haven't seen from her before or in a long time. Back to Basics and Stripped were great albums because she was in a good creative place musically and they both felt like projects she was really into. Of course, I think it can be said she was really into Bionic, but I think that album lost out with it's audience because a lot of pop singers were riding that sound and I think after Back to Basics critics wanted something more classic with a modern twist since she did that so well. I think people liked Stripped because she put so much emotion and heart into that album. I think these should be things to consider.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

FrankGutz

I don't think so, so sad btw, 'cuz she does some good music, but for some reason ppl don't buy her music anymore, idk

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived