💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Where would Janet be had Superbowl not happened?

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

One of the most legendary acts of all time, Janet Jackson was a force to reckon with

With her 3rd album, Control, she started her slayage

Control

Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation

janet.

The Velvet Rope

All For You

Her slayage between these 5 eras was astonishing

She got 5 T10 from Control, 7 from RN1814, 6 from janet., 2 from Velvet (others weren't released commercially), 3 from All For You

She was slaying 18 years into her peak, but then the Superbowl fiasco happened

She got blacklisted by radio, and got SEVERE backlash

The lead single , Just a Little While

Upon its official release, "Just a Little While" quickly became the most added and played song on pop radio formats.Its airplay increased over five-hundred percent and achieved "sizeable" downloads,"but suffered when Jackson's blacklist was commenced by major radio broadcasters who were fined after Jackson's Super Bowl incident, affecting its performance worldwide. The song debuted at number thirteen on the Billboard Bubbling Under chart the week of February 14, entering the Billboard Hot 100 at number forty-seven the following week, later peaking at number forty-five. It reached number seventeen on the pop airplay chart, garnering a high audience impression of over 28 million during its first week at radio before removed, also charting on the Adult Top 40 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. It was her lowest peaking single since "Come Give Your Love to Me" over twenty years prior. However, it peaked atop the Hot Dance Club Play chart.

It was evident that this song was bound to be another #1 for her, had circumstances been different

SO how would she have been if the fiasco had not happened?

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

DiscoHeaven23

Off topic-ish: I always thought it was really frustrating what happened to her and what didn't happen to Justin Timberlake, but I was just reading up on it and it just happened to be bad timing for Janet and good timing for Justin. Janet was at the beginning of an album cycle and Justin had just ended his. The Grammy's made Justin apologize on air for the incident in order to attend the ceremony (where he won 2 awards). From there, he took a break from his music career and just focused on acting. But either way, everyone was WAY too harsh on them. 

I think Janet would've had that 2004 album be a major success, but i think after that things would've stayed on course. Her 2006 album '20 Y.O.' was BAD. I do think Discipline was good and should've done better, wether or not that was the wardrobe malfunction's doing, idk. 

What I do wish is that this new album was being better promoted! Maybe the new song with Missy will do something. 

Serendipity

Washing dishes in a 2-star restaurant living paycheck to paycheck

J9jhP70.gif

I think her billionaire husband is more capable of that:cryga:

Serendipity

Off topic-ish: I always thought it was really frustrating what happened to her and what didn't happen to Justin Timberlake, but I was just reading up on it and it just happened to be bad timing for Janet and good timing for Justin. Janet was at the beginning of an album cycle and Justin had just ended his. The Grammy's made Justin apologize on air for the incident in order to attend the ceremony (where he won 2 awards). From there, he took a break from his music career and just focused on acting. But either way, everyone was WAY too harsh on them. 

I think Janet would've had that 2004 album be a major success, but i think after that things would've stayed on course. Her 2006 album '20 Y.O.' was BAD. I do think Discipline was good and should've done better, wether or not that was the wardrobe malfunction's doing, idk. 

What I do wish is that this new album was being better promoted! Maybe the new song with Missy will do something. 

3 words

1.Sexism

2.Racism

3.Hate against Jacksons

3 words

1.Sexism

2.Racism

3.Hate against Jacksons

I think Ageism is a bigger factor than the first two, Janet peaked in late 80s and early 90s and by mid-00s she was pushing 40 and the sound that made her a mega-star was passe.

Your're right,  MJ's pedophilia trial in 2005 wasn't great for Janet. His name was mud all though that period until he died. Worse than R Kelly now.

Serendipity

I think Ageism is a bigger factor than the first two, Janet peaked in late 80s and early 90s and by mid-00s she was pushing 40 and the sound that made her a mega-star was passe.

Your're right,  MJ's pedophilia trial in 2005 wasn't great for Janet. His name was mud all though that period until he died. Worse than R Kelly now.

Ageism is somewhat

But then again Madonna smashed with Music (being in her 42 already), and COADF too

3 words

1.Sexism

2.Racism

3.Hate against Jacksons

Ageism also! Janet was a queen, she was basically the founder of pop/hip hop in early 2000, just like madonna was. But one boob scandel and her career was basically over??? I mean now every one has nip slips, even dick slips and EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE LAUGHING IT OFF. Janet was too harshly treated and was way ahead of her time. She's such a legend but now that she's releasing music again, no one seems to care because no one want an old pop legend to resurrect. Even ariana grande, who's only talent is to sing, is more popular than her just because she's pretty and young. I don't understand

JUSTICE FOR JANET

LoveandMagic

I remember most people were blaming Janet for the incident. I'm sure there were a lot of factors involved but I think the main ones were that it was her nudity on display, J.T. was considered on of America's leading heart-throbs, and then you have all that bad press from the M.J. trials. I was too young to really remember it but even now my mom or someone in her group will make a comment about it (they still think it was done on purpose). I don't think so and I think everyone was trying too hard to turn it into a scandal. This isn't exactly a family friendly function. You have drunk people being obnoxiously at the games and all these s-xist beer commercials and what-not being advertised. And some of the players that are hero worshiped aren't exactly saints, to put it mildly. Like, let's not.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Riot Poof

Washing dishes in a 2-star restaurant living paycheck to paycheck

J9jhP70.gif

Pero like Paula Abdul's music career expired 20 years ago and she still got them coins.

J9jhP70.gif

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof

tbh Janet's post-Super Bowl albums (not counting Unbreakable cuz it ain't out yet) weren't up to par with what she used to do. I think they're still good albums, but IDK... there just wasn't that "oomph" factor.

I think Janet would've ended up like Madonna. Her chart success would've slowly decreased until she's reached a Rebel Heart moment. However, she would've been more remembered as an ICON and not just someone who exists.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived