💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

On This Day In Music History...(Sept 26)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

-Tony Bennett’s first duets album ‘Duets: An American Classic’ is released. The album features many iconic singers like; Barbra Streisand, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Billy Joel, Celine Dion, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Bono and George Michael. The album went on to sell more than 1 million copies. 

tonybennett2.jpg

-Ludacris releases his sixth album ‘Release Therapy’, which debuts at #1, selling 309,000 first week copies. The album has sold over 1.3 million copies and features the #1 hit “Money Maker” and the #2 hit “Runaway Love”. This was Ludacris’ last album to go platinum. 

tumblr_lpd2w7oxc11qh28qoo1_500.gif

-Weird Al releases his 12th album ‘Straight Outta Lynwood’ featuring his biggest hit “White and Nerdy”, which peaked at #9 on the Hot 100.

weird-al-white-nerdy-o.gif

-Janet Jackson releases her 9th album ’20 Y.O.’, which celebrates the longevity of her mainstream career. It was her first album since the mess that was 2004, and critics did not like it. Some critics were upset that she made a lackluster R&B album when she could’ve made a great dance album. Critics felt that Jermaine Dupri’s (best known for his work with Mariah Carey) production was bad. The album peaked at #2 and has sold about 660,000 copies in the US. The album does feature one top 40 hit, the #25 “Call on Me” featuring Nelly (this song brings me back).

1.JPG

-Avril Lavigne begins her second tour “Bonez Tour” in support of her second album ‘Under My Skin’. The tour kicks off in Munich, Germany. 
$(KGrHqJHJ!4FHw5zUHi+BR8uTTMBJg~~60_35.J

-Aaron Carter releases his second album ‘Aaron’s Party (Come Get It)’ at the age of 12. The album sells over 3 million copies (I bought one of them). The album features the #35 track of the same name. 

Aaron_Carter_-_Aaron%27s_Party_album.jpg

-Lil’ Bow Wow releases his debut album ‘Beware of Dog’ at the age of 13, which sells over 2 million copies. The album earned two top 40 hits, “Bounce with Me” (#20) and “Bow Wow (That’s My Name)” (#21).

tumblr_mcu16imixH1qk4jpuo1_r1_1351812571

-The Black Eyed Peas release their second album 'Bridging the Gap’. Nobody cared. Fergie wasn’t part of the group yet. The album only peaks at #67. Proving yet again, that Fergie IS the Black Eyed Peas.

will_i_am_2229943b.jpg

-98 Degrees release their third album ‘Revelation’. The album peaks at #2 and sells 2.65 million copies. The album spawns the #2 hit “Give Me Just One Night”

7480784246_3d62f82296_b.jpg

-Prince releases his 17th studio album ‘The Gold Experience’, which earns two top 10 hits, “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” (#3) and “I Hate U” (#9). This was Prince’s last album to have multiple top 10 hits. 

51FCxjk28%2BL._SX300_.jpg

Archived