Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna should skip #R8

Dramatica

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

The problem is, new singles from a new body of work may not necessarily be successful because the public still usually think that the new ones are still from the same album. A lot of singers do this when an album's flopping but it rarely works. They may get a top 10 hit out of it, tops, but the public will generally not be so stupid as to think this was the original plan. Because Rihanna's not released a new album with these new songs on it, the public will still treat new releases like a continuation and therefore, not give her the sales as they already gave her the "big lead singles sales" push with 45S - they won't do it again so soon. I've noticed that most of the time, the only Rihanna singles to go to #1 are her leads, so if she doesn't have them, she won't stand a chance for the rest of the album either. This looks like it could be an album similar to The Elusive Chanteuse - first single failed, got re-branded as a buzz single and every so often, a new "lead" single was released until the album was finally put out but probably resembled a different product to the intial plan. It took Mariah 1 year 9 months to release that album (first single in August 2012, eventual album release in May 2014). Rihanna looks like she's going to have a similar outcome. I don't think the pop audience or pop radio will be interested in her after a break this long from an act who was always an annual release person.

Tbh yes i don't mind her saying

due to *insert something here* issues i will be holding back R8 my 8th album and maybe release it one day as a lost treasure , my next album is a whole new body of work to me it's my ninth album but to the fans and public it will be my 8th release

cause tbh R8 feels dead and over  

#KillR8 , #R94NOV 

What if she remoove thoses 3 songs from it and release a total different sound? She has writting camps, she'll scrap that idea of a new mature sound and come with hits for sure

Dangerous Man

Then it'll be still her #R8 since number 8 is always next from number 7. :chica:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Riot Poof

Maybe the OP isn't referring to R8 as the eighth album Rihanna will release, but the music Rihanna recorded for the specific project that the fans called R8. Makes sense?

Personally, I want Rihanna to release the music she was calling "timeless," but it seems that she has more commercial interests in mind now. :green:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived