💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Ellie Goulding - On My Mind

Garden Panty

Featured Posts

PinkJelly

Lights is an electronic album and she even says that herself, but I think you're referring to more dance/club inspired production. She doesn't only focus on EDM and does a wide variety of songs. She is featured on a lot of EDM tracks that are side projects (I Need Your Love, Outside, Powerful, Skrillex track, etc), which is not really indicative of her albums.

While Lights was electronic - it's definitely more Folk Pop inspired than it is dance. I mean to say it's less 'dance/electronic/top40 chart' sounding than the Halcyon Days re-package for example.

Everything post 'I Need Your Love' has been EDM, in some shape or form, because she and the label have clicked it's a formula that works and sells. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

But I'll enjoy 'Delirium' either whatever direction she chooses,  it's definitely time to switch up the production though :sweat:

Ellie's 3 great songs are Lights, Burn, and I Need Your Love. I don't see a huge shift in her music, it's always been electronic but some has been slower less dancey (especially album 2 that disappointed me).

I'm afraid the curse continues, of having album lead singles that aren't as good as her re-release singles. Not that OMM is a bad song, it just isn't outstanding. 

But wow she is the most gorgeous young pop star, even more than Katy 

Riot Poof

I like it. The song is growing on me too.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Both video and song are growing on me...:udidnt:

The song seems to be a grower. Most people hated it at first, but it slowly gets better.

I really adore the colour schemes and the looks in the video. :flutter: I was just thinking today that On My Mind reminds me of Starry Eyed in a way - a good guitar led dance bop :music:

Archived